What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

Jono078

Referee
Dvdcrave delivers right to your door btw.

Great service aswell, it's the only place I buy online stuff from.

MC DUI

Juniors
The special edition looks worthless to me, what are you going to do with a duffle bag, cheap fake lockbox, an artbook and a sample soundtrack CD?

All that stuff would just end up as clutter in the cupboard for me.

It's the game I care about and I'll get it for cheap.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jono078 said:
Dvdcrave delivers right to your door btw.

Great service aswell, it's the only place I buy online stuff from.

Probably the main reason I used GPStore was because I've used them a few times before and have been very happy. A happy customer keeps coming back.

Abz

Juniors
I got no doubt this will be an awesome game, but all the hype may leave some people diappointed. Like for example everyone was making such a big deal about the Simpsons movie and when it came out, heaps of people said it was crap... at the same time not much hype was going on about GTA SA and yet it turned out to be the best one ever.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Blame Take-Two, I dare say the call came from them. When MS offer to dump $50 million plus the profits of the DLC itself into their pockets, it wouldn't be fair to expect them to say no.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
F**k EA, I have never been one to carry on about their crappy games or acquisitions, but this is too far. EA owning the rights to GTA, BioShock, and removing the competition with sports games? Isn't this illegal? The video games industry is slowly pushing movies aside, and by the time it does EA will own everything. They are also after Ubisoft, greedy f**king pricks.

I don't like that they rejected it as inadequate rather than rejected it as "not for sale". Seems like it's a matter of when, not if. Apparently Rockstar are trying to go independent again, even before EA showed an interest so there is still hope that at least GTA will stay sacred.

Munky

Coach
Just remember what happens to many rapidly expanding companies.

They reach a point where they can't expand anymore and crash.

Hopefully something similar happens to EA for the sake of the industry.

Eelementary

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
F**k EA, I have never been one to carry on about their crappy games or acquisitions, but this is too far. EA owning the rights to GTA, BioShock, and removing the competition with sports games? Isn't this illegal? The video games industry is slowly pushing movies aside, and by the time it does EA will own everything. They are also after Ubisoft, greedy f**king pricks.

I don't like that they rejected it as inadequate rather than rejected it as "not for sale". Seems like it's a matter of when, not if. Apparently Rockstar are trying to go independent again, even before EA showed an interest so there is still hope that at least GTA will stay sacred.

Agree with everything you just said - but can you blame TakeTwo? EA, as sleazy as they are, are also cashed up as hell, and will offer to move heaven and Earth to acquire TakeTwo. It would be very, very difficult to resist that temptation.

effnic

Bench
MC DUI said:
The special edition looks worthless to me, what are you going to do with a duffle bag, cheap fake lockbox, an artbook and a sample soundtrack CD?

All that stuff would just end up as clutter in the cupboard for me.

It's the game I care about and I'll get it for cheap.
I agree 100% i just want the f**king game.

MC DUI

Juniors
What a joke, somebody needs to find out what has been cut.

If it's major then I'll be importing as well, that or copying the damn thing.

The OFLC let Conan get through with severed limbs and nekked boobs everywhere, I'm sure GTA is pissweak compared to some of that stuff.

Danish

Referee
What a f**king joke....

I am cancelling my pre-order as soon as I find a site to buy from in the states.

f**king disgraceful

Special K

Coach
you could get it from playasia or just find a NZ site to save you ordering from all the way over in the usa. A fair few people use playasia on xboxworld...

Samwise

Bench
is there any issues with playing games from OS on 360 in Aus? Do you need it chipped or something first?

Latest posts