What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

Jono078

Referee
Hmm...

Id rather get it ASAP so i'll prob stick with aussie version, although id like to know what and how much has been cut out first!

MC DUI

Juniors
is there any issues with playing games from OS on 360 in Aus? Do you need it chipped or something first?

Not all 360 games are region-free so overseas copies of the game may not work, chipping (In the 360's case you flash new firmware to the DVD drive) does not improve region-free capability.

You would need to wait until the game came out to see if it was region-free or not. Or when you order make sure you get it from a PAL territory (UK or NZ for example), those will work no problem.

Samwise

Bench
Not all 360 games are region-free so overseas copies of the game may not work, chipping (In the 360's case you flash new firmware to the DVD drive) does not improve region-free capability.

You would need to wait until the game came out to see if it was region-free or not. Or when you order make sure you get it from a PAL territory (UK or NZ for example), those will work no problem.
Nice one, cheers

McLovin

Staff member
When is this beast released?

How much will is cost for 360 version?

Will it be cut down to keep sensitive farkers happy?

[furrycat]

Coach
April 29th.

$100 and somethin for the normal pack- $149 for some collectors edition.

Australian edition has been confirmed to have certain elements removed to adhere to our classifications.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
NZ is a bit close for comfort IMO. Some bloke from there said that on their game covers they get the Australian rating with a slightly bigger NZ rating over it, not sure if it's true but if it is then you'd assume they'll be getting the same game we are.

I'm going to get the special edition from EB, wait until someone says what has been removed and if it's anything noticeable then import from the US and sell the Aussie copy.

Munky

Coach
NZ is a bit close for comfort IMO. Some bloke from there said that on their game covers they get the Australian rating with a slightly bigger NZ rating over it, not sure if it's true but if it is then you'd assume they'll be getting the same game we are.

I'm going to get the special edition from EB, wait until someone says what has been removed and if it's anything noticeable then import from the US and sell the Aussie copy.

My imports from NZ for GTA were uncensored.

[furrycat]

Coach
Your mate is wrong. NZ use a different ratings system to us and are getting the uncensored version. Whether they pull it from the shelfs after the release is a different story.

[furrycat]

Coach
And I just saw the forum you read that off, Parra :p.

Incorrect. NZ have an R18+ Rating and the game is not edited for them.

Dragon

Coach
Ive always found the gpstore people very good to deal with. Did the Vice city thing through them and i remember they were swamped by Aussie orders, got the game before release too if i remember correct.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
[furrycat];4117002 said:
And I just saw the forum you read that off, Parra :p.

Incorrect. NZ have an R18+ Rating and the game is not edited for them.

It was an article on Kotaku about how the ratings stickers here ruin the box art and in the comments some Kiwi bloke was complaining because he reckons they get ours with an even bigger one stuck over it that they can't remove. Same place?

Well nevermind, that Kiwi shop sounds good. Will they still accept pre-orders in a few days time? Just wanna hold off until maybe Wednesday incase Rockstar come out and say there aren't any edits.

Eelementary

Post Whore
[furrycat];4116721 said:
Yep thats where I got mine.

Cheaper (incl. freight) than buying it here too.

Now the wait begins

I love GPStore - so much I even pre-ordered MGS4 from them. Been very pleased with their service.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was an article on Kotaku about how the ratings stickers here ruin the box art and in the comments some Kiwi bloke was complaining because he reckons they get ours with an even bigger one stuck over it that they can't remove. Same place?

Well nevermind, that Kiwi shop sounds good. Will they still accept pre-orders in a few days time? Just wanna hold off until maybe Wednesday incase Rockstar come out and say there aren't any edits.

I'm regularly checking it, and I am fairly certain they are still accepting pre-orders, so you shouldn't have too many problems, mate.