What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Frailty

First Grade
In that scenario that would be correct.

But all Im saying is if Bird threw the glass across a room meaning to hit the wall that would make a massive difference then if he was standing right in front of her and jabbed it in her face.

BTW I hope it doesnt sound like Im defending Bird as I loath what he has done and he deserves what ever he gets.

And Ryan Im a very happy person, I just get fired up when I see people suggesting that the NRL needs to follow what the AFL does as if their the bastion of integrity and morality.

Yes if he threw it at the wall in a direction other than where his girlfriend was standing... I know of bad throwers, but he threw it in her direction, he knew it was likely to hit her, he did it with intent.

sharko

Juniors
A bloody lynch mob at work here..if he is not convicted he will get considerable monies in damages against a number of parties!

Patorick

Staff member
In that scenario that would be correct.

But all Im saying is if Bird threw the glass across a room meaning to hit the wall that would make a massive difference then if he was standing right in front of her and jabbed it in her face.

BTW I hope it doesnt sound like Im defending Bird as I loath what he has done and he deserves what ever he gets.

And Ryan Im a very happy person, I just get fired up when I see people suggesting that the NRL needs to follow what the AFL does as if their the bastion of integrity and morality.

Give me a call on 0413 555 555 big boy if you'd like to meet up at your nearest park toilets for that "hug" ;-).
hug.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
We're all forgetting the most important part! What mental disorder/horrible childhood incident/pathetic excuse for all the wrongs in his life is responsible??? ADHD? Daddy never loved him? Daddy loved him a little too much? Too much media pressure? Willie Mason?

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
Ok I have some questions.

Originally there were reports that someone else was at the apartment. However the police have said something about being misled, a text being sent to that person by bird and them being at a golf club or something the following morning.

Has it now been proven in court that there was no one else in the apartment? Is this other person "Mr Watson" out of the picture?

If there was no one else there then isn't it 99.9% certain Bird is guilty? It doesn't matter if Bird threw the glass or hit her with it, he must have broken it with the intent of using it as a weapon. The glass was found broken and I doubt it broke on her face. His only possible defense is she did it herself?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Whats wrong with you? This is a serious matter and all you can do is bag Manly. You're a joke.

Cronulla have done the right thing and I expect the NRL will follow suit. Hopefully the victim makes a full recovery from this horrible attack, and the appropriate legal action is taken against Bird.

And then he can sign up for Manly.

Who are you to maintain a vendetta if he's already paid his debt to society?

Dragon

Coach
If there was no one else there then isn't it 99.9% certain Bird is guilty? It doesn't matter if Bird threw the glass or hit her with it, he must have broken it with the intent of using it as a weapon. The glass was found broken and I doubt it broke on her face. His only possible defense is she did it herself?

I thought 'glassing' meant smashing an intact glass in someones face. Could be wrong though

Fairfax

Juniors
Yes if he threw it at the wall in a direction other than where his girlfriend was standing... I know of bad throwers, but he threw it in her direction, he knew it was likely to hit her, he did it with intent.

Part of his job is to lob an object in a fairly accurate direction, and he's done it alright in the past by all accounts. Now if it was Brett Finch...

The Colonel

Immortal

Originally there were reports that someone else was at the apartment. However the police have said something about being misled, a text being sent to that person by bird and them being at a golf club or something the following morning.

Has it now been proven in court that there was no one else in the apartment? Is this other person "Mr Watson" out of the picture?

It has been held over until October 8th, 2008. You'll have to wait until then to get your questions answered because at this stage all events are alleged and police are still investigating. According to reports they haven't interviewed the victim at all yet.

Plumplechook

Juniors
Quote from Ricky Stuart at this afternoon's press conference"

"I have become very fond of Greg over the past couple of years and I am feeling for him and I will be speaking to him over the next couple of days."

Great. Thanks Ricky. Let the outpourings of sympathy for poor Greg Bird begin. It's all about him. Never mind the poor girl in hospital facing loss of eyesight and life-long scarring.

lockyno1

Post Whore
And this my friend is the difference between being high profile (Bird) and being low profile! He has got off extremely easy. I hope he gets the full jail term and I hope she is ok. Bird deserves it.

timma

Juniors
If Greg Bird is found guilty , kick the wanker out of the comp !!!!!

Bird has always been a hothead , he loves alcohol more than the sharks . Sharks have given him enough chances already so the Nrl should piss him off.

Lets just hope the chick is alright

Cletus

First Grade

Nothing has been proven, the police are alleging that Bird was there by himself, at this stage Bird is saying he didn't do it and someone else did. Bird seems to be saying Watson did it, it'll really depends on what his girlfriends statement says, if she says he did it good luck defending that one.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Quote from Ricky Stuart at this afternoon's press conference"

"I have become very fond of Greg over the past couple of years and I am feeling for him and I will be speaking to him over the next couple of days."

Great. Thanks Ricky. Let the outpourings of sympathy for poor Greg Bird begin. It's all about him. Never mind the poor girl in hospital facing loss of eyesight and life-long scarring.
I agree, poor form Ricky.

El Diablo

Post Whore
If Greg Bird is found guilty , kick the wanker out of the comp !!!!!

Bird has always been a hothead , he loves alcohol more than the sharks . Sharks have given him enough chances already so the Nrl should piss him off.

Lets just hope the chick is alright

if he's found guilty then i don't think he'll get a chance to play from prison

_Johnsy

Referee
I was just making a comment that people who said Bird was the next Wally Lewis were kidding themselves...f**k origin...f**k nsw....f**k Qld......

Oh

And f**k you..

No-one in this thread, again you have shown all and sundry you are an absolute tool, great effort tosser