What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Shorty

Staff member
Quote from Ricky Stuart at this afternoon's press conference"

"I have become very fond of Greg over the past couple of years and I am feeling for him and I will be speaking to him over the next couple of days."

Great. Thanks Ricky. Let the outpourings of sympathy for poor Greg Bird begin. It's all about him. Never mind the poor girl in hospital facing loss of eyesight and life-long scarring.
Are you serious?
Is that what he had to respond with?

Dear me.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Instead of jail, there's always the option of doing 3 years community service playing for Manly.

Peter Peters should hightail it over to Bird's place now, clean out his fridge and offer him a contract.

you lowlife piece of scum, your nearly as bad as him you f**kin knob

DJShaksta

First Grade

"I have become very fond of Greg over the past couple of years and I am feeling for him and I will be speaking to him over the next couple of days."

Great. Thanks Ricky. Let the outpourings of sympathy for poor Greg Bird begin. It's all about him. Never mind the poor girl in hospital facing loss of eyesight and life-long scarring.

I am sure he actually said more than that one line. I assume that Ricky, like all Sharks fans, is still somewhat in a state of shock.
I know I am.

I hope the girl recovers fully.

The Colonel

Immortal
<H1 class=heading>Greg Bird stood down by Cronulla Sharks over attack
By James Phelps | August 25, 2008 03:05pm

CRONULLA all but ended disgraced rugby league star Greg Bird's season today, hours after the Australian international was in court charged with assaulting his girlfriend. At an extraordinary press conference at Cronulla Leagues Club, Sharks CEO Tony Zappia stood Bird down indefinitely, pending further investigation.
"It's highly unlikely he will play again this year. It's time for the legal process to take place because I don't know all the facts," Zattia said.
"He will be stood down until the police matter is much clearer."
Sharks coach Ricky Stuart said the absence of Bird would be a major blow for his side's premiership aspirations.
"Without Greg Bird as a football player it will be much tougher but I promise I will unite them like no-one has even seen before.
</H1>
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,21985,24237629-14823,00.html

Greg Bird has alwayysssss been a dickhead of the highest order..perfect chance for someone to be made an example of....hope he gets the max..what if it was your daughter he did it too....youd want him strung up...f**kwit

DJShaksta

First Grade
Stuart will be on in his regular BsB spot tomorrow morning, may be worth a listen

He may actually decline to talk about it.

Realistically, the Sharks Rugby League club has taken action. The matter is now between Greg Bird and the NSW Police.

I don't know, I just hope the young lady recovers 100%.

Sleep

Juniors
Well there goes the Sharks attacking flair. :lol:

But on a more serious note, what a dickface of the highest order. Glassing a girl. In your own home. Poor. The death penalty will be sufficient.

I am sick of the Sharks being called grubs because of players like Bird continually being in trouble and behaving like a spoilt brat who thinks being a footy player means he is untouchable and his manager will sort out all his failings in society. f**k off Bird and don't come back. It's high time Sharks take a stance and the high moral ground on each and every player that behaves like their shyte don't stink. Every other club should do the same thing.

I am sick to death of these merkins.

If he is found guilty he find himself hoping that soap doesnt hits the shower floor.

Maybe the tough guy will find out what real tough guys are, the hard way.

Am I pissed off...YES. f**king idiot Bird.

Move on Sharks and give each game your best shot. Bird wasn't teh be all and end all of the side.

_Johnsy

Referee
As much as I hate cronulla, they had to piss him off, it would have been a disgrace had they not. They may well bow out early in 2008, but they will do it with some integrity.

dannyboy

Juniors

No its not all about him (bird) and I'm sure Sticky doesn't expect anyone who isn't Birds mates or family to give him the time of day. However, Sticky is his coach and possibly a friend and wants to ensure that Bird doesn't go off the rails completely as he'd be pretty much gutted with what's happened and the action taken by the Sharks (for the record I think they took the only realistic action). Whether he's guilty or innocent, Bird is facing a traumatic few months.

I don't condone what Bird's done, if he is guilty, but if he were my mate I'd still be there to lend my support to his emotional well being pending the outcome of court proceedings..he'd still be my mate above being a footy player or even a felon....my difficulty would be coming to terms with his actions (if guilty) if he'd never displayed them to my knowledge in the past - if he had then he wouldn't have been my mate in the first place.

34nee.jpg

We're waiting for YOU Birdy

Shorty

Staff member
I don't have a problem with Ricky supporting Greg but at least acknowledge the situation here.

philstorm

Juniors
Seriously, how f**king unlucky can one club be ...

Just when they look like having a good season, their best player goes and does something that'l probably land him in jail for a few years ...

FFS ...

gregstar

Referee
i understand that as we speak bird has just checked in for orifice minimization surgery.

if all goes to plan he hopes to both sh*t & speak out his ears.

Last edited:

bluey

Bench
As much as I hate cronulla, they had to piss him off, it would have been a disgrace had they not. They may well bow out early in 2008, but they will do it with some integrity.

I love cronulla but i applaud everything you just wrote.

Latest posts