What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

El Diablo

Post Whore
90% of the players that misbehave do far worse than Latu, who was treated shockingly by the NRL

FMD

he punched a woman in the face

who are the 90% that have done worse things than that?

maybe bashing women is a minor offence in your demented world. i have serious doubts you could beat up a man

Last edited:
If he did it I hope she does. Violence against women is as abhorrent as sexual abuse in my opinion.

I just hope the girl doesn't lose her eye and recovers fully.

Ive got to say i dont buy this whole extra outrage about violence against women.

IMO violence against anyone is completely unnaceptable.

There is almost a culture in Australia of accepting a few punches between blokes but if you do it against a woman your scum.

Im not trying to down play this incident at all.

eastsrule

Bench
If he gets found guilty, it will be something like periodic detention along with a fine.

The system tends to prefer to give periodic or weekend detention to people for incidents such as this who are eligible.

Deacon

First Grade
FMD every photo so far seems too show Bird on the phone, he has friends still

Last edited:

ibeme

First Grade
Every aspect of this is messed up.

Glassing anyone - Despicable
Victim sides with attacker to blame a good friend - Messed up
Victim and attacker tell police before even informing friend - Messed up
Friend initially agreeing only to change his mind during police interview - Weird

Is there a sane mind among them?

eastsrule

Bench
Am I reading this right, that Bird sent his mate a text whilst the mate was being interviewed?
Sutherland Local Court was told today that, as Bird's friend Brent Watson was being questioned by police over the incident, Bird allegedly sent him a text message, saying: "My manager is helping me sort this sh*t out."