What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Complete and utter grub. If found guilty, he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Then de-registered by the NRL and finally sued for all his worth by the poor girl involved. There is no excuse for this sort of behaviour and he should be pursued down every available path as retribution for his act.

BN420

Juniors
One down, One to go.

Bird and Gallen are both grubs....

Get rid of them both Sharks or expect your team to get a worse reputation.

drake

First Grade
Call me insane (and you're probably right), but I think I'll wait for a verdict before I judge him.
Apparently he's spent most of the time at her bedside. I don't know any facts, the news media doesn't know any facts; I doubt the Police know any concrete facts at this stage.
Sure, he's guilty of being a grubby player, and he's definately guilty of being a Scummer, but I'll reserve my judgement of this crime until the facts are clear.

Whoever did the crime though, I hope they are jailed, beaten and sodomised within an inch of their life. I knew a girl who was glassed, poor lass has a pethadine valve in her back permanantly to administer pain relief.

The Informer

Juniors
If he is charged then he has to be sacked and deregistered. While I feel off field dramas should stay off field dramas, after Canberra's stance against Carney, Cronulla have to do the right thing. Even if they don't, the NRL has to.

Why should off the field dramas be left off the field? I hope you don't mean cover up? This is the long term problem with the game, and why grubs like this clown continue to get into trouble. They think its ok, because every time they step out of line their club and officials cover it up, just because they are football players. Keep letting them off and they'll keep doing it, much of it disgraceful.

And don't think this is the first time this idiot has been in serious trouble.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:shock:

:oops:

hope the poor girl is ok

(wasn't there someone else at the unit but? i thought that was being reported?)

if greg bird is found guilty, then he should be sacked imediately and de registered from the NRL.

Hell, i wouldn't even let him register anywhere, not even esl.

Apart from that, i hope the girl gets better, they were reporting that she might lose her eye. low act, if this was done purposely.

lets see how the story goes, like they say, innocent until proven guilty.

:lol: You two were fellating him no less than 72 hours ago, now he should be deregistered.

Nice try at blame deflection though Special K :lol:

Shorty

Staff member
Well somebody did it...I'll wait to hear judgment but it's clear the guy's scum.
If he didn't do it then why didn't he call the police or march whoever it was down to the police station?

I can't believe anyone would do such a thing to a girl,it's disgusting.

muznik

Juniors
Call me insane (and you're probably right), but I think I'll wait for a verdict before I judge him.
Apparently he's spent most of the time at her bedside. I don't know any facts, the news media doesn't know any facts; I doubt the Police know any concrete facts at this stage.
Sure, he's guilty of being a grubby player, and he's definately guilty of being a Scummer, but I'll reserve my judgement of this crime until the facts are clear.

Whoever did the crime though, I hope they are jailed, beaten and sodomised within an inch of their life. I knew a girl who was glassed, poor lass has a pethadine valve in her back permanantly to administer pain relief.

Same here.

He is far from my favourite player but there does seem to be a few conflicting things coming out.

I think we all know that if he DID do it then he will be sacked & deregistered. Thats a no brainer. NRL will not be his most pressing concern if found guilty.

We should know more today but whoever did do it deserves the full brunt of the Law. A very low act, violence on women.

Plumplechook

Juniors
[furrycat];4483247 said:
...I didn't say the one he was charged for last night was because he was a witness... Waiting to see if he was charged for the earlier incident

OK - I apologise. I assumed you were referring to the incident over the weekend and not the January incident. And I accept it was unclear from the media reports what Bird's involvement was with the earlier incident.

But looks like the NSW police report has confirmed that he will be charged with assaulting a women back in January - i.e. "He has also been issued a Field Court Attendance Notice for common assault relating to an alleged incident involving a woman at a nightclub on Cronulla Street in Cronulla on January 19 this year".

Is there anything to stop Cronulla and the NRL sacking and deregistering him NOW? Or do they have to wait for the legal system to take it's course?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He doesn't even have to end up charged for this for his reputation to be rubbish, his long track record speaks for itself. I actually hope if guilty he serves sufficient gaol time. Might teach him a thing or two.

[furrycat]

Coach
OK - I apologise. I assumed you were referring to the incident over the weekend and not the January incident. And I accept it was unclear from the media reports what Bird's involvement was with the earlier incident.

But looks like the NSW police report has confirmed that he will be charged with assaulting a women back in January - i.e. "He has also been issued a Field Court Attendance Notice for common assault relating to an alleged incident involving a woman at a nightclub on Cronulla Street in Cronulla on January 19 this year".

Is there anything to stop Cronulla and the NRL sacking and deregistering him NOW? Or do they have to wait for the legal system to take it's course?

Yeah he has been charged for the 2nd assault it appears now which is rather disheartening. Looks like it could be the end for Bird in the NRL.

Chachi

Bench
If this is true (which I have no doubt it is) then this lowlife scumbag has surely played his last game of NRL footy, and hopefully his last game of league full stop.

What a pathetic act. I only hope this poor girl makes a complete recovery and the sharks sack the dirtback straight away and give his remaining contract money to her.

The NRL has already lost one douchebag this season and hopfully this is the end for arguably the biggest idiot in the comp.