What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

St. Brett

Juniors
Oh, how silly of me, I just thought of something....send Greg Bird to The Bulldogs.
Solution solved case closed!
He'd fit in over there like a glove.

A Cronulla boy mingling with Belmore boys will go hand in hand.

Just be sure to keep Bird away from those Mermaids or he might start think about being all macho-sistict or something.

Who else knew Bird was of Mundine origin?

Find the cage fighter, throw him in the cell for 15 min with Bird, take out cage fighter, throw away the key.

Simple.

What a disgrace.

Hanscholo

Bench
Must be so hard to not hit people everywhere you go. I hope he has played his last game and comes over to join the real world.

St. Brett

Juniors
This'll be Greg Bird if he ever goes to prison.
Or when he gets out.

diaper.jpg

What a rent boy!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

NRL player Greg Bird has been granted bail, with strict conditions attached, after facing a Sydney court charged with assaulting his girlfriend.
The Cronulla Sharks five-eighth was charged with assaulting Katie Milligan, 24, who suffered a fractured eye socket when she was allegedly hit in the face with a glass at Bird's Cronulla apartment yesterday morning.
Bird today faced a charge of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm on Ms Milligan, who was due to undergo surgery today for glass wounds to her eye, police said.
Sydney's Prince of Wales Hospital said Ms Milligan had sought absolute privacy and, as such, it was unable to update her condition.
Bird was granted bail by Sutherland Local Court magistrate Bev Schurr, who ordered he comply with the conditions of an interim apprehended violence order (AVO) issued against him yesterday.
He was also ordered not to make contact with any of his neighbours, who may have heard the alleged attack or witnessed Bird and Ms Milligan leaving the Boorima Place unit.
Bird spent the night in custody after being refused bail by police, and can be released after an "acceptable person" posts a $5000 surety.
The AVO requires that Bird not make contact with Ms Milligan, and not damage or destroy any of her personal property.
Prosecutor Matt Zalunardo told the court Bird had lied to police by alleging other people were in the apartment at the time of the incident about 7.30am (AEST) yesterday.
"The accused person ... is actively trying to deceive police by inferring other people were involved in the matter," Acting Sergeant Zalunardo said.
He said it appeared Bird was trying to "pin the offence" on someone else.
Sergeant Zalunardo said a neighbour who recognised Bird's voice noted no other male voice in the unit at the time.
He also said a neighbour looked in Bird's unit and saw that it was vacant after Bird and Ms Milligan left for the hospital.
Police allege that as the pair left the apartment block, Bird told Ms Milligan to "stop being a f...king idiot".
Ms Milligan allegedly responded: "Why did you do this to me?"

The court was told that when Bird replied "I didn't do it", she responded: "Yes, you did."
Bird's lawyer Les Nicholls challenged the police facts, saying their informant was not in court and the alleged victim had yet to give a statement.
"The facts that are before Your Honour are circumstantial," Mr Nicholls said.
He told the court he was twice refused access to the hand-written notes of police who attended the alleged incident, and added Bird was not a flight risk and had ties to the community.
"If there is any breach of bail, he could be spending a long time in custody," Ms Schurr said.
The matter was adjourned for mention in Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court on October 8.

Ryan

Juniors
source please

Dictionary.

Definition: 1. objective form of 'they': used to refer to a group of people or things other than the speaker or people addressed
trans.gif
I'll put them in a box for you.

2. him or her: used instead of 'him' or 'her' to refer to a person without specifying gender
If anyone is looking for me, tell them I'll be back soon.

3. those: a dialect form of 'those' ( nonstandard )
trans.gif
Give me one of them oranges.

My God, my comedy is getting worse by the post !:shock:

Spike

First Grade
Interim avo - I'm not certain of the legalities but I *think* that can be applied for by the police without imput from her at this stage (if she hasn't yet been in a condition to talk to them that may be what happened).

The fact one of the bail conditions was he not make contact with his neighbours was interesting, would that mean someone has already come forward to the police or they just haven't had a chance to talk to them and want to make sure that he doesn't first?

That's correct. There are particular domestic violence laws in place in which police have no discretion in applying for interim AVOs regardless of whether the victim doesn't want one. Generally there has to at least be a victim or witness statements on hand so that the on-call Magistrate can determine whether the interim AVO is required. I would only be speculating, but the neighbours are probably witnesses.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Todd Carney was sacked and de-registered for less then that
If the NRL has any balls what so ever, if proven, they will force the hand of Cronulla by de-regestering him

Patorick

Staff member
The court was told that when Bird replied "I didn't do it", she responded: "Yes, you did."

lgmp0296+i-didnt-do-it-bart-simpson-the-simpsons-mini-poster.jpg

Last edited:

*Sandy*

First Grade
source please

Dictionary.

Definition: 1. objective form of 'they': used to refer to a group of people or things other than the speaker or people addressed
trans.gif
I'll put them in a box for you.

2. him or her: used instead of 'him' or 'her' to refer to a person without specifying gender
If anyone is looking for me, tell them I'll be back soon.

3. those: a dialect form of 'those' ( nonstandard )
trans.gif
Give me one of them oranges.

My God, my comedy is getting worse by the post !:shock:

Twiz, He's my new ball of wool, :pray: please let me play?

Cletus

First Grade
Raider, I think it goes without saying he'll be deregistered if it's proven.

The neighbours statement doesn't look good for Bird:
Police allege that as the pair left the apartment block, Bird told Ms Milligan to "stop being a f...king idiot"

God-King Dean

Immortal
"The accused person ... is actively trying to deceive police by inferring other people were involved in the matter," Acting Sergeant Zalunardo said.
He said it appeared Bird was trying to "pin the offence" on someone else.

Yup. He's f*cked.

A grubby child.

ozjet1

rugby league footballers are f**kwits. plain and simple.

the reason rugby league will always play 2nd fiddle to aussie rules in this country......and soon soccer..........is due to the constant unintelligent, boofhead, and working class representations that the game holds on to. just look at the most prominent prime-time tv program which represents the game at the moment. and the prominent media identities..........gould/hadley/etc.......arrogant morons with petty agendas. just listen to any of these guys and any player when they open their mouth.

the common theme on and off the field by all associated is aggression, both physical and verbal. it's mistaken for passion by some, but it's plain thuggery and intimidation. of course it's a turn off for the average person.

furthermore, when will these idiots learn to make the right decision. Professionals right? Spare me. There's no excuse during the season to get maggot. Absolutely none. Particularly 2 or 3 weeks out of the finals. By all means have a couple of drinks, but drinking yourself paraletic?? Forget about a brain snap. Do these guys have brain at all?

Latest posts