What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

The Colonel

Immortal
If he's lied about this and he's guilty, surely that would re-open everything he's denied and gotten away with in the past?

Why would they do that? Surely as a professional organisation the Sharks would have been unlikely to just take his word for it?

Surely you aren't talking about the police?

seanoff

Juniors
well he can't possibly play.

Cronulla would be dicing with death if they play him. I can see sponsors jumping off left and right if he does play and bugger all lining up to replace them.

It doesn't look good for him, and it doesn't appear to be the 1st incident. Has to go, permanently.

on a more personal note.

Greg Bird you ******* lowlife **** I hope you enjoy your time as a ***** in jail.

Special K

Coach
They are saying she now has a AVO on him..

Doesn't look good..

They are saying it has been suspended till after the NRL grand final but the sharks are going to suspend him anyway..

Ryan

Juniors
Why would they do that? Surely as a professional organisation the Sharks would have been unlikely to just take his word for it?

Surely you aren't talking about the police?

He may have lied to police Colonel. I think that's what Timma's saying mate. Integrity. Comes in VERY short supply in some people.

I take what you mean Timmah - and agree mate.

I dare say like any club, they are waiting until investigations are complete.

If they try that this time, the club should be deregistered for the rest of the year.

There is what looks like a prima facie case against him, for an absolutely despicable act. In my job I'd certainly be suspended until it was dealt with, probably almost certainly sacked. Mind you, I'd probably have the decency to resign in shame first.

The minimum Cronulla can do now is suspend him until the matter is dealt with.

Cletus

First Grade

Doesn't look good..

They are saying it has been suspended till after the NRL grand final but the sharks are going to suspend him anyway..

I think the AVO is from this incident, not from some other incident. He's not allowed to visit his girlfriend in hospital basically.

Special K

Coach
Where you getting this from?
fox sports news channel

edit - and yeah i would assume the avo is from this incident but surely the girl must of agreed to it which should end any suggestion that it wasn't him or was a accident?

*Sandy*

First Grade
fox sports news channel

edit - and yeah i would assume the avo is from this incident but surely the girl must of agreed to it which should end any suggestion that it wasn't him or was a accident?

Ahhh ok. I was searching the web and couldnt find it.

brook

First Grade

Doesn't look good..

Interim avo - I'm not certain of the legalities but I *think* that can be applied for by the police without imput from her at this stage (if she hasn't yet been in a condition to talk to them that may be what happened).

The fact one of the bail conditions was he not make contact with his neighbours was interesting, would that mean someone has already come forward to the police or they just haven't had a chance to talk to them and want to make sure that he doesn't first?

Warning - some may find this in bad taste, but I thought it funny without wanting to in any way diminish the seriousness of Bird's actions.

What if her AVO/restraining order prevented Bird going within, say, 200 m of her. She should then go to the footy to watch the Sharks, and get him arrested when he runs on the field for breaching the AVO. :roll:

fox sports news channel

Its more probable that its the Police that have the AVO application rather than the girl.

Cletus

First Grade
Warning - some may find this in bad taste, but I thought it funny without wanting to in any way diminish the seriousness of Bird's actions.

What if her AVO/restraining order prevented Bird going within, say, 200 m of her. She should then go to the footy to watch the Sharks, and get him arrested when he runs on the field for breaching the AVO. :roll:

AVOs go both ways, the "victim" isn't allowed to go within the same distance as the subject of the AVO.

Latest posts