What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
so you think if the Pilot has made a mistake, injuring 30 people far worse than what Bird did, he should be jailed?
His failure to talk to the media & hide behind qantas lawyers, must mean he is guilty. Surely?

spider

Coach
so you think if the Pilot has made a mistake, injuring 30 people far worse than what Bird did, he should be jailed?
i have not mentioned being gaoled - nor measurement on severity of an error / accident / injury - that is what the justice system is for

i have made reference to people being accountable for their actions

so if he has made a mistake and people are injured as a result, then he should be accountable

His failure to talk to the media & hide behind qantas lawyers, must mean he is guilty. Surely?
does it?

im inferring that bird's claim of innocense would be brought to fruition as a result from milligans statement

im lost for reasoning as to why she would not give a statement to prove her lovers innocense

Surely

Post Whore
The police have sh*t on the liver over this one don't they, can't prosecute the case thats already been tried and convicted in the media so they resort to some piss fart nuisance charges.

This is only proceeding because it's high profile and there are egos being bruised.

spider

Coach
This is only proceeding because it's high profile and there are egos being bruised.
milligans face was bruised - that was fact

why wont she admit how that happened?

afterall - it must have been a self inflicted accident

why would she allow the media to crucify her lover by not giving a statement?

Surely

Post Whore
milligans face was bruised - that was fact

why wont she admit how that happened?

afterall - it must have been a self inflicted accident

why would she allow the media to crucify her lover by not giving a statement?

The only fact that we know for sure is the prosecution could not proceed on the original charge due to a lack of evidence.

All the rest is speculation.

spider

Coach
0,,6254638,00.jpg

that injury looks pretty real to me - certainly not speculation

did she do that to herself?

why wont she say how that happened?

Surely

Post Whore
Who knows how it happened, you don't, i don't ,the police don't hence why the original charge has been dropped.

samshark

Juniors
Why, they haven't stopped using the fractured eye statement... :roll:

I think we will find that the mischief charge is in relation to the alleged January assault and not related to the Milligan incident.

No the mischief charge is related to Milligan. The January incident is just a common assault.

samshark

Juniors
EXACTLY

so why no statement and all the secrecy to protect her lover?

I cant remember who said it a couple of pages back but I have to agree with them and that is by her making a statement, be it the truth to try and exonerate Bird would still open him up for charging. And by going on record then makes the case against Bird stronger for the police.

e.g. Milligan makes a statement saying that out of frustration Bird threw a glass across the room which rebounded off something and hit her in the eye causing the injury. She says he didnt mean it, he didnt aim at me, it was completely accidential. He would never hurt me etc. And this may be the honest to god truth of the incident.

However, Detective Bloggs who is taking the statement thinks, no way, she is just protecting him, she is scared of him, she is being threatened by him and thats why she is saying this. And FTR these are very real considerations you need to make as many domestic violence victims are in this position with their partners. So, lets charge him anyway and let the courts decide.

So now, we have a victim on record who has suffered a bad injury from a glass thrown by her partner. The partner would still be charged with Reckless wouding and pushing sh*t up hill to get off.

You say nothing then the police are kept guessing as to what occurred and how to prove it.

samshark

Juniors
Samshark covered it well, no statement no case, no tacked on charges of a dubious nature in an effort to save face.

Whilst I dont agree with some aspects of the charging its not saving face. The police are in a difficult (no win) position with domestic cases like this and is best to throw it before the court and let them decide.

Things would have been a lot simpler is Milligan simply went to hospital and said she was pissed holding a glass of wine, fell over and landed on the glass smashing it. But that didnt happen.

spider

Coach
Things would have been a lot simpler is Milligan simply went to hospital and said she was pissed holding a glass of wine, fell over and landed on the glass smashing it. But that didnt happen.
yes - and bird would not have allegedly tried to get his mate to take the fall

milligan would have made a statement saying bird was not responsible for the injury

and there would have been no charges laid

all because it was an accident - if that were the case

does anyone think milligan sustained those injuries through her own doing whether accidental or deliberate?

because if for a moment bird had any indirect influence or involvment, such as samsharks scenario of maybe throwing a glass into the wall, then it would be his actions that casued the injury

every person is accountable for their actions - only the weak look for deflection or excuses

did milligan do this to herself????????????

who thinks so

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I think the cause of the injuries to Milligan are irrelevant. Its what happened after and the story Bird spun in his apparent attempt to shift the blame. This should be the crux of any successful prosecution and it points to an attempt to pervert the course of justice. If another person or three is involved it amounts to a conspiracy. Serious sh*t!

Status
Not open for further replies.