What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
and u established this yourself, as a person i regulary speak to, who is close to the club, confirmed there was a fracture

so you have confirmed yourself personally there is no fracture

cb4

First Grade
In defence of Cb4 the media are still saying fractured but they are using the alleged loophole to do it.
....but yes it was brought to light weeks ago that there is no fracture.

mate i gave up on the media, i have just been speakin to someone around the club for the updates

cb4

First Grade
here he is, mr over opinionated throwing his 2 cents worth in
im backing his insight over yours my friend

Dave Q

Coach
Surely said:
The police have sh*t on the liver over this one don't they, can't prosecute the case thats already been tried and convicted in the media so they resort to some piss fart nuisance charges.

This is only proceeding because it's high profile and there are egos being bruised
It would be interesting to know who is in charge of nominating the charges and of course, their rationale for doing so.

Theres already been a hiccup. This is not uncommon.

A rush of blood to the head perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:

sharks4ever

Juniors
Bird takes flight to the US: report

October 14, 2008 STAR Cronulla rugby league player Greg Bird has reportedly left Australia to join his girlfriend in the US.
The Sharks pivot, who'd been charged with recklessly wounding his American girlfriend Katie Milligan during an alleged glassing incident in August, has fled to join her, News Limited newspapers reported.

Sharks boss Tony Zappia told the newspaper, which quoted an unnamed source, that he'd heard Bird had left the country.

"I have heard the rumour but obviously Greg hasn't been involved in any club activities since he was stood down, so I can't confirm it," said Zappia.

"But I have heard the rumour."

Bird, who was stood down from playing shortly after the incident, was due to re-appear in court on November 20.

His trip to the US could cause more immediate problems however, because he is still under an Apprehended Violence Order, prohibiting him from going near Milligan.

While the AVO only applies in NSW, he can still be charged with breaching the order once he returns to the state if NSW Police can confirm the pair have met.

The news comes after reports of further incidents that have plagued the troubled player in recent weeks.

He reportedly abused Cronulla supporters who were walking past his unit last week and in a separate incident allegedly jumped into the back of a stranger's car, demanding she take him to a pizza shop.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24499341-23209,00.html?from=public_rss

Last edited by a moderator:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Once upon a time, years back and in the height of my Greg Bird scorn I related that IMO this bloke was just an accident waiting to happen.

I didn't ever really think he'd become the exploding space shuttle that he has.

This is all starting to border on plain sad.

DJShaksta

First Grade
While the AVO only applies in NSW, he can still be charged with breaching the order once he returns to the state if NSW Police can confirm the pair have met.

I gotta say thats kinda farked.
How can he be charged with breaching something that is not in effect for the period of the so-called breach??

Isn't that the same as speeding on the Autobahns in germany??
The Cops arrest you when you fly back into Sydney cos you were doing 200KM/h in Germany.

Eion

First Grade
I gotta say thats kinda farked.
How can he be charged with breaching something that is not in effect for the period of the so-called breach??

Isn't that the same as speeding on the Autobahns in germany??
The Cops arrest you when you fly back into Sydney cos you were doing 200KM/h in Germany.
There's not too many autobahns that need protection from boyfriends that may glass it...

DJShaksta

First Grade
There's not too many autobahns that need protection from boyfriends that may glass it...

I didn't mention the alleged glassing, I am referring to a whole other issue.
But since you want to talk about it are you referring to the boyfriend of the girl that tried to have the AVO removed because she stated it was not needed and wanted to see him??

spider

Coach
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24499341-23214,00.html

PRESSURE is building on Cronulla to cut loose Greg Bird after revelations on Tuesday that he was involved in two more public displays of alcohol-fuelled poor behaviour in the past week.

Bird reportedly exchanged abuse with several Cronulla supporters who were walking outside his Cronulla unit about a week ago.

In a separate incident several days later, Bird surprised a couple sitting in their car at traffic lights when he got into the back seat and demanded to be taken to a pizza shop.

The young man and his girlfriend recognised Bird and happily obliged, dropping him off at a takeaway.

Police were not involved in either incident, but they reveal more bizarre antics from a player who is supposedly trying to clear his name to save his football career.

Bird's year began with an alleged assault on a woman at a Cronulla nightclub in January. That case is before the courts.

Then he was arrested by Brisbane police for erratic and abusive behaviour outside a nightclub following a State of Origin match at Suncorp Stadium in June. No charges were laid.

Bird faces three charges, including reckless wounding, after his girlfriend, Katie Milligan, received a cut to her face and a fractured eye socket in an alleged altercation with the NSW and Australia player in their unit on August 24.

He is due to appear in court again on November 20 regarding that matter.

The Sharks suspended Bird, who is contracted until 2011, from all club activities in August, meaning he was unable to train or play in Cronulla's two finals matches.

Cronulla chief executive Tony Zappia said on Tuesday that the club's position had not changed.

"There's still a process of natural justice that should be allowed to run its course, in the short term," Zappia said.

"It's not a matter just for me. It's for the board as well and we've got board members away on leave at this time of year with the end of the footy season."

Eion

First Grade
I didn't mention the alleged glassing, I am referring to a whole other issue.
But since you want to talk about it are you referring to the boyfriend of the girl that tried to have the AVO removed because she stated it was not needed and wanted to see him??
Yep that's the one. Some people need protection from themselves DJ.

spider

Coach
STAR Cronulla rugby league player Greg Bird has reportedly left Australia to join his girlfriend in the US.
maybe he is going over to hook up with wayne carey and take some notes on how to be apologetic after the fact

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Who knows what happened? Bird reportedly "exchanged" abuse. Sounds like people were there trying to get a rise out of him.

In other new some people drove him to a pizza shop.

spider

Coach
Who knows what happened? Bird reportedly "exchanged" abuse. Sounds like people were there trying to get a rise out of him.

In other new some people drove him to a pizza shop.
haha - but true

who is to know what the so called 'shark supporters' may have said to entice a rise out of him

its not against the law to tell someone to get f**ked - if that is along the lines of what the reaction may have been

quiet week for journo's......

Status
Not open for further replies.