What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eion

First Grade
Whoever told you that has control issues, you want to live in a world where someone else makes the rules thats your thing.

I say it's a crock of sh*t.
We live in a country that has those rules. There are some around the world that don't - but I'd rather be here.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Who knows what happened? Bird reportedly "exchanged" abuse. Sounds like people were there trying to get a rise out of him.

In other new some people drove him to a pizza shop.

Exactly Phat, seasons over, he worked hard and also farked up royal. Leave the bloke alone imo.

coolumsharkie

Referee
We live in a country that has those rules. There are some around the world that don't - but I'd rather be here.

Aaaaahhh So thats what makes our country is so great, we have beaurocrats to sit in offices and make descisions for us.

Toe the company line Y generator.

DJShaksta

First Grade
The whole glassing thing aside.
I still think the whole scenario is farked.
Police impose an AVO
Girl tries to get it removed, police deny the request.
Girl goes home to United States.
Boyfriend goes to United States to see girlfriend outside the AVO's area of effect.
Boyfriend comes back to Australia and police arrest him for breaching his NSW State police AVO in another Country cos "we know you saw her"

cb4

First Grade
yeh that part is utter rubbish, its in another country, timezone, let alone post code, give him a break on that part

Omnishark2

Juniors
These latest incidents sound pretty trivial ... but unfortunately they show Bird's alcohol issues are still there.
Bird's excessive ego + excessive alcohol are a bad mix ... sometimes the outcome is trivial (like these incidents), sometimes it's far more serious ...

This is not just about football, it's about Bird getting his life back on the rails & curbing his antisocial behaviour.
Which is why the charges may do Bird some good in the long run.

It also vindicates Zap's & the board's position on the whole Bird saga.
In fact Zap's management of the affair has been outstanding throughout.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Omni, how do you know Bird was even drinking during these 2 "incidents"?
As has already been pointed out, 1 incident sounds like some idiots were abusing the Birdman and he fired back a quick "Get Farked" from his balcony.
The other he got a lift to a pizza shop as far as we can tell.

He may have been stone cold sober at the time.

Eion

First Grade
Aaaaahhh So thats what makes our country is so great, we have beaurocrats to sit in offices and make descisions for us.

Toe the company line Y generator.
X generator DJ. I can see birdy's defense now "your honour I don't have to follow the law cause you're a bunch of beaurocrats with no idea." Hope he's got a plan B.

cb4

First Grade
Omni, how do you know Bird was even drinking during these 2 "incidents"?
As has already been pointed out, 1 incident sounds like some idiots were abusing the Birdman and he fired back a quick "Get Farked" from his balcony.
The other he got a lift to a pizza shop as far as we can tell.

He may have been stone cold sober at the time.

danny weidler reported he was drunk so it must be true.... right??

Surely

Post Whore
Only verbally abused them gee i'd expect a violent alchohol fuelled bird to beat the sh*t out of him. Thats right he is a violent man isn't he. :roll:

I reckon if i had have had my career ruined by a bunch of over zealous cops and gutter journalists then i would have spat the dummy a fair while ago.

shintaro

Juniors
Only verbally abused them gee i'd expect a violent alchohol fuelled bird to beat the sh*t out of him. Thats right he is a violent man isn't he. :roll:

I reckon if i had have had my career ruined by a bunch of over zealous cops and gutter journalists then i would have spat the dummy a fair while ago.

Thats about the most accurate thing posted on here in 150 pages of supposition.
Well said.

sharks8601

Juniors
yes
there are a group of players out there e.g mason bird and thurston who the media alway attack
remember the big write up about thurston because he passed out on his front lawn big deal
notice how quickly the media dropped the whole lockyer thing

gunnamatta bay

Referee

Will bird be charged with kidnapping the couple and demanding they take him to the pizza shop? The story indicates they felt they had not choice thus their liberty was taken from them for those terrifying moments from point A to point B (the pizza shop). Will he be charged with offensive language i.e. the slanging match from his balconey. Clearly audible swear words would surely offend the already traumatized residents of this once serene block of apartments nestled atop Cronulla point.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
As bird is a member of the body corporate of owners he would be bound by a code of by-laws regulating unruly behaviour. He is clearly in breach and deserves censure at the next agm or preferably an extra ordinary meeting of the BC commitee.

Status
Not open for further replies.