What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
has the cctv footage been checked of bird exiting the pizza shop? how did he dispose of the pizza container? did he place it it a bin or simply cast it onto the Cronulla Mall surface?

If he did place it in a bin did he put it in the recycle receptacle?

Vossy

Bench
he will get blamed for the next qantas plane to free fall out of the sky

no wonder he pissed off to america, so he can get some privacy from nuffies and the media, id tell him to stay there and let them be together because the odds of him playing next year is about 1/100000000000000

Vossy

Bench
This isnt good
Manager, Sharks clueless over Bird's sudden migration
http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com/Arti..._in_the_dark_over_Birds_sudden_migration.aspx

Greg Bird's manager says he's concerned about his client's head-space, but doesn't know where he is amidst reports the fallen Cronulla star has left the country.

Bird's agent Gavin Orr spent today attempting to make contact with his client, who has reportedly headed to the US to be with his American girlfriend Katie Milligan.The Sharks lock has been charged with recklessly wounding Milligan in an alleged glassing incident in August.

A police-instigated Apprehended Violence Order is also in place preventing Bird from going near Milligan, which she unsuccessfully applied to have lifted last month.

"I can't get him on his mobile," Orr told AAP."I fired off an email to him this morning after I read the paper and said `mate, this is what's gone on in the paper here, I hope you're obeying your AVO and make sure that you're not in contact with Katie at all'."

While the AVO only applies in NSW, Bird could still be charged with breaching the order once he returned to the state if NSW Police could confirm the pair had met.Orr said he was not convinced Bird was intending to meet Milligan.

"I know he's got friends from home over there at the moment and ... there's a lot of the football players over there at the moment," he said.

But the manager said he was concerned for his client.

"When I read things like that in the paper, it is concerning," he said."But often a lot of the first grade NRL players are on holidays here, there and everywhere. They don't ring me and tell me they're going on holidays every five minutes.

"There's a lot of things going on in Greg's life at the moment. I know that he's feeling a lot of pressure on him. It's certainly not a good time of the year for Greg Bird."He's just got to get through these next couple of months and sort himself out where he's at and then hopefully kick on from there."

Orr met with Sharks officials this afternoon in relation to allegations Bird had been involved in two alcohol-fuelled incidents since his banning from the club in August.But the agent defended his client over those allegations, which include Bird abusing passers-by from the balcony of his Cronulla flat.

"At the moment there's a lot of innuendo flying around everywhere but not a lot of facts," Orr said.

The Sharks are expected to decide Bird's future, which could include sacking the former Test and State of Origin star, at a board meeting next month.Chief executive Tony Zappia said he was collecting more information on the latest allegations.

Asked if the club was running out of patience, Zappia told AAP: "That's a matter for the full board and I can't speak on their behalf at this point in time.

"As a club you can't condone any sort of behaviour that's anti-social."Over the past six, seven weeks we've put a strong stance in regards to the action we have taken in the short term and it's just a matter of us deciding at the club where we want to go with it in the long term."

I can't get him on his mobile

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Forget the AVO for a minute. Wonder what his bail conditions are. He's up on serious charges and I would of thought one condition would be that he doesn't leave the country.

Maybe not.

Maybe so just as easily.

Inferno

Coach
Would have thought that would have been the first thing reported if that was the case though. Cops haven't been able to keep their traps shut about anything else to do with this case. If that was a requirement, would be all over the news at the moment.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
haha
Bird flies the coup. Imagine how long they have been itching to write that headline.
As for where he is, It would be very short odds that he is in Hawaii, with the other twenty thousand league players.

coolumsharkie

Referee
X generator DJ. I can see birdy's defense now "your honour I don't have to follow the law cause you're a bunch of beaurocrats with no idea." Hope he's got a plan B.

What are you on about?

My response was to your post "some people need protection against themselves" bullsh*t.

Bird is just a normal 23 yr old dealing with different stuff than you or I have to deal with.

Your just as smart as the sh*t you read in the paper I guess. Some people need protection against the clones of society.

Help!

carcharias

Immortal
he will get blamed for the next qantas plane to free fall out of the sky

no wonder he pissed off to america, so he can get some privacy from nuffies and the media, id tell him to stay there and let them be together because the odds of him playing next year is about 1/100000000000000

so your saying he is a chance?

shintaro

Juniors
Bird went to the US last year and didn't rate a mention. The players are on holidays and half the team is in Bali. He caught a plane to the U.S. Big FUGGIN deal. He doesn't have to tell his employer where he goes for his holidays just like we don't. If he caught one to London the headline would be: Bird's London Love Nest ........ Or something similar.

I don't recall seeing ANY club officials on TV venting their displeasure but I don't watch EVERY news bulletin.
Could that just be more paper BEAT UPS.............surely not.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
the thread was removed by mods but i expect it to be back soon.
It is just a hypothetical thread so I dont think it will be deemed to be too bad.
& Shintaro you cant use that headline, I have already grabbed it.

shintaro

Juniors
the thread was removed by mods but i expect it to be back soon.
It is just a hypothetical thread so I dont think it will be deemed to be too bad.
& Shintaro you cant use that headline, I have already grabbed it.

Sorry about that................I don't think I spend as much time on here as some so I didn't catch that one. Maybe we both have a future as a couple of slime bag reporters. There's obviously a future in reporting on the most mundane aspects of some peoples lives.

sharknows

Bench
Tracie Homes on ABC radio yesterday said that someone must be eriously out to destroy Bird with the standard of "news" being reported about him.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sorry about that................I don't think I spend as much time on here as some so I didn't catch that one. Maybe we both have a future as a couple of slime bag reporters. There's obviously a future in reporting on the most mundane aspects of some peoples lives.
well hopefully the mods will put the thread back soon & we can see who the best slime reporter amongst us is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts