What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Popper

Bench
The whole issue is bullshyt. It's blown way out of proportion. Once Bird is cleared they should all just let bygones be bygones and just get on with the football. Too many people wanting to look squeaky clean and remain untarnished by the episode when common sense dictates that only the guilty (IF and WHEN found guilty) would be responsible and should be penalised. Otherwise, just drop it. I've had a gutful of this soap opera.

PJ

First Grade
The whole issue is bullshyt. It's blown way out of proportion. Once Bird is cleared they should all just let bygones be bygones and just get on with the football. Too many people wanting to look squeaky clean and remain untarnished by the episode when common sense dictates that only the guilty (IF and WHEN found guilty) would be responsible and should be penalised. Otherwise, just drop it. I've had a gutful of this soap opera.

I agree Popper, and for mine the dropping of the charge from malicious to reckless (which imo translates from deliberate to accidental) gives the club the perfect chance to come out and say Greg is allowed back to the club until the final findings of the court case.

THat way they can all try and start working together again and see what transpires.

Vossy

Bench
Time for Zappia to pack his bags.
he picked to wrong club & the wrong player to stamp his authority.
Monumental f**k UP!!!

why the f**k, would we get rid of one of the best CEO's we have had just cause bird is a massive tool off the field and got himself into this mess, if anything blame the board for this "monumental f**k UP!!" and not zappia

Surely

Post Whore
why the f**k, would we get rid of one of the best CEO's we have had just cause bird is a massive tool off the field and got himself into this mess, if anything blame the board for this "monumental f**k UP!!" and not zappia

How is he one of the best, what was his achievment last year ?

To stand Bird down and cost any remote chance.

how many titles did parra win ?

Buzzz

Vossy

Bench
what, would you 2 both want the era of anderson back?..

look where we have gone in the space on 1 year, f**king prelim final and we went way above expectation..look how much we have improved in the year he has been here

not his fault bird is a massive tool, one player does not make a team, there is no "i" in team, there are 24 other players in the main roster, bird wouldnt have stop us getting flogged by melbourne

but no, lets not let the bigger picture get in the way of both your man love for bird

fyi parra wont win a comp with denis at the helm

PJ

First Grade
blame the board

Board are balmeless. Despite c**k up after c**k up with different people in the CEO, coach and other management position apparently the only constant factor are not to blame. THey are only responsible for the good stuff.

Surely

Post Whore
what, would you 2 both want the era of anderson back?..

look where we have gone in the space on 1 year, f**king prelim final and we went way above expectation..look how much we have improved in the year he has been here

not his fault bird is a massive tool, one player does not make a team, there is no "i" in team, there are 24 other players in the main roster, bird wouldnt have stop us getting flogged by melbourne

but no, lets not let the bigger picture get in the way of both your man love for bird

fyi parra wont win a comp with denis at the helm

Yeah but did he make the difference or stuart ?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Board are balmeless. Despite c**k up after c**k up with different people in the CEO, coach and other management position apparently the only constant factor are not to blame. THey are only responsible for the good stuff.

& year after year they get voted in. If members want to make a difference they have to make the effort.

Read the articel by kent the other day about parramatta & fitgerald. First decent thing he has ever written

Vossy

Bench
Yeah but did he make the difference or stuart ?

both of them, stuart has brought the team up to our standards and zappia has been fixing the admin side of the club, if zappia didnt come along our admin would be up sh!t creek without a bloody clue

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
if zappia didnt come along our admin would be up sh!t creek without a bloody clue

Can you please detail exactly what he has done.

As far as I know this is how it falls.

Toops was a done deal before Zappia arrived.

Kimmorley was gone before Zappia. Almost before Stuart.

So besides signing mana mana from parra parra, what the f*ck has he done?

ps
His biggest decision so far, is going off half cokked to the media within hours of the Bird accident. he has since had a hard on to get rid of Bird & thus completely ruining our chances of a GF appearance.
Good one.

millersnose

Post Whore
ps
His biggest decision so far, is going off half cokked to the media within hours of the Bird accident. he has since had a hard on to get rid of Bird & thus completely ruining our chances of a GF appearance.
Good one.

although i think your side of the argument is generally just wishful thinking flailing about

on this particulair point i think you have a strong argument

PJ

First Grade
His biggest decision so far, is going off half cokked to the media within hours of the Bird accident

His first comment to the media was to say that Bird wasn't involved, after Bird had told him as much. And from memory that comment was as a response to a journalist.

millersnose

Post Whore
the point though pj is that he is suppossed to act proffessionally

that means shutting the f**k up until an investigation takes place

compare the broncos situation for contrast

please dont think though i think bird is not guilt - i am merely comenting on zaps conduct

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
& if he had have kept his big trap shut , then perhaps the entire bird incident would have been swept under the carpet like for a few months like his incident has been.
Incredible how that his situation, properly handled, has gotten to the point where there are current affairs programs ready with cash & a settlement due this Monday to the victim.
In my eyes that means nobody will ever know the truth about this incident & the Sharks name will have not been dragged through the mud.
Why doesn't Zappia just call a conference with the girl & explain what he did?

PJ

First Grade
Big difference is that the cops didn't get involved with Zaps case, or is it his fault they got involved with Bird's?

And if Bird had have been telling him the truth (i.e. hadn't have been involved) and Zaps had have no commented the press you'd have just as likely been bagging him out for not supporting one of our stars.

Sure he could have handled it a lot better, but so could Bird and his management team. A better cover story for a start.

Surely

Post Whore
Big difference is that the cops didn't get involved with Zaps case, or is it his fault they got involved with Bird's?

And if Bird had have been telling him the truth (i.e. hadn't have been involved) and Zaps had have no commented the press you'd have just as likely been bagging him out for not supporting one of our stars.

Sure he could have handled it a lot better, but so could Bird and his management team. A better cover story for a start.

However if zapps had been in a relationship with the woman he gave a shiner to then by rights charges would have been pressed under domestic violence laws, well if they were to be fair about it they would have.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I doubt Zappias media profile is high enough for that Surely. I mean, for the cops to take such a concerted effort in trying to bring him down

Dave Q

Coach
the point though pj is that he is suppossed to act proffessionally

that means shutting the f**k up until an investigation takes place

compare the broncos situation for contrast

please dont think though i think bird is not guilt - i am merely comenting on zaps conduct

Yeah it was a big mistake.

What serious harm could have come about if he had continued to play?

Zapps crime was to listen to the wrong people and then act somewhat impulsively.

The sad thing is that now there are vested interests in the club who s reputations will be strengthened by a conviction.

And of course we know that the Sharks are a better squad when he is available.

So you have this internal tension thats hard to resolve.

But hes gone as far as I am concerned ( from the club).

If he comes to Souths, Ill send my membership badge to Bin Laden ( Martene incident, not the current allegations).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts