What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I would hazard a guess that Baz is not the driving force behind Bird being sacked.
As members, we need to know who & why. Such large decisions will affect voting.

SharkShocked

Bench
I heard the reason we are looking to get rid of Bird is not related to Tim Smith.

And that we are actually in negotiations with Ben Cousins to play on the wing.

Quigs

Immortal
I heard the reason we are looking to get rid of Bird is not related to Tim Smith.

And that we are actually in negotiations with Ben Cousins to play on the wing.

Tell you what. If we did sign Benny Boy it would be an interesting contest between him and The Cov to see who could get the highest to take a bomb.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

ben cousins would be a gun signing.

fast. good tackling skills. great in the air and can kick a ball from captain cook drive over the powerlines and into the swamp.

downside is he's getting older, had a bad hammy injury and a small issue with substance abuse.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/onecommunity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=220

Harvey Norman Women in League

A joint initiative of Harvey Norman and Rugby League's One Community, Harvey Norman Women in League aims to recognise and acknowledge the important role of women in the game.

To launch the program, NRL stars, administrators, and hundreds of female grassroots volunteers were invited to the inaugural Women in League Lunches held in Brisbane and Sydney in May.

The lunches, paid tribute to the many women involved in senior and junior Rugby League and acknowledged the crucial role they play in the game.

The lunches are just the beginning of Harvey Norman's mission to recognise and reward women in the game. At the end of the 2007 season, two deserving women will also be awarded the Harvey Norman Women in League Achievement Award at the One Community Awards Night.

NRL CEO David Gallop reminded guests at the Sydney lunch of the crucial role played by the NRL's only female board member. "The lunches have been driven in no small part by NRL Board Member and Harvey Norman Managing Director Katie Page".

"They are the start of a program that will gather more profile in the years ahead

For more information on the Women in League Awards follow the link...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yes. I had no idea Harvey Norman was a sponsor. I thought they were NRL sponsors only. & I didn't work it out. Harvey Norman do not sponsor the Broncos as far as I am aware.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Is birdy invited?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/confidential

IT'S not all doom and gloom at Cronulla. Ricky Stuart is under investigation for referee abuse, the club is in desperate financial trouble and CEO Tony Zappia has his own problems sorting out the future of Greg Bird.
In some good news, front-rower Ben Ross will tie the knot today with pharmacist Renai Sola. Ross met Sola two years ago when picking up painkillers for a knee injury from the Cronulla chemist.
The couple have chosen a church ceremony in Cronulla, with a lavish reception at Summer Salt restaurant. A collection of Ross's current and former team-mates have been invited, including Brett Seymour, Brett Kearney, Bryan Norrie and Paul Stephenson, Bulldogs halfback Brett Kimmorley and Souths prop Michael Greenfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.