What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
, if the magistrate says there is no case and the reason is due to technicality the, the charge on bird can be brought up again due to the techincality being fixed up then it will go to trial

By technicality, are you meaning zero tangible evidence, hearsay, circumstantial evidence, conflicting witness accounts, conflicting police accounts, conflicting medical reports etc etc etc.?
You see, I just see that for its worth. A pile of steaming shyte wasting everybodys time & money.
If that is the "technicality" you are referring to I think you may have used the wrong legal term.

millersnose

Post Whore
hmmm
just heard on radio.

she told her dad and the doctors she fell onto a bedside table that had cocktail glasses on it.
and

oh so that will be in her statement to the police....oh....she didnt make one.....

instead she told them

Ms Milligan told police: "Brent picked up a glass and just threw it at me ... he just said something like 'holy sh*t, I didn't mean that, I'm sorry'."

somehow i dont think her making no complaint will carry much weight with the judge....

millersnose

Post Whore
yes

it will

her non statement in light of her earlier claim she had been glassed is not exactly the convincing point in this case some assume it is though

Gaba

First Grade
the police will probably take mischief further,Don't be surprise bird will have to face trial for giving a false report,due to pleading guilty for mischief

up to the magistrate to say whether bird will go on trial for the assault .I think technicality will be the reason if he isnt , there may be still enough evidence for the magistrate to say yes the police have a case for the assault

The Crown argues that Bird had told several lies about the incident, indicating a consciousness of guilt.
Magistrate Roger Clisdell says it is circumstantial, but the Director of Public Prosecutions has established a case on all three charges to which Bird has pleaded not guilty.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/news/ta...dence-of-bird-assault-court-told/default.aspx

ps Gabba, you have commented quite a lot on this case so far. You think you could fluke at least 1 thing being correct?

Not a fluke; there has to be evidence somewhere because Bird lied , whether its strong evidence or not there is more guilt then innocence just a matter of proving it

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You missed the points. Everything you have said will happen you have been corrected on by Samshark. You have not made 1 correct statement.
How do you feel about that

Gaba

First Grade
You missed the points. Everything you have said will happen you have been corrected on by Samshark. You have not made 1 correct statement.
How do you feel about that
Corrected about what , if the magistrate finds there is enough evidence then bird will likely go to trial, what i been saying

millersnose

Post Whore
what makes you think samshark has any legal knowledge reefy?

he seems to be merely a poster claiming legal knowlege but making predictions not based on knowing any facts

very unlegal proffession like behaviour if you ask me

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
What do you like the sound of your own words so much you dont read what others write?
Go back & read Samsharks posts. He has corrected you on multiple occassions.

gregstar

Referee
hutz_pointing.jpg

What amuses me is that people actually expect the truth to come out in the Court room.

The Court is rarely a place for truth. It's a place where defence barristers go to herculean efforts to subvert and manipulate the truth. The "law" isn't something set in stone; its much more like a piece of string nailed to a plank of wood so that you can move it such that you can always be on the right side of it. That is, if you have enough mongrel and money in you.

At the end of the day, Bird is dead to me for that one, unmanageable and irrefuteable text message which screams of cowardice.

BTR, you can say all you like that it is just one kid who is scared shyteless of the media. But he made a choice.

To me, he is just another cowardly house-o from Maitland. He and Milligan suit each other. Oh, and she's studying law? She'll be a perfect defence counsel by the looks of things.

Genius Freak

Juniors
Greg Bird guilty of assault over girlfriend glassing.

EX-NRL star Greg Bird has been found guilty of glassing his girlfriend Katie Milligan in the face and lying about it.
Magistrate Roger Clisdell today dismissed Bird's claims that there too many other possible scenarios to warrant a conviction of guilt, especially because Ms Milligan has never given a statement to police.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25399300-5001021,00.html

Bloody courts.

Gaba

First Grade
Honestly how could the court find him anything else why did he deliberately lie if he was not guilty , andi have to laugh at people saying the court would throw the lying and assault charges out once he pleaded guilty to mischief charges it was hard for him to defend the lying and assault charge

i wont be surprise bird will try to appeal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts