What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

millersnose

Post Whore
its a shame so many of you were mislead by people claiming legal knowledge

i hope now we can all support the club in its decision to get rid of this woman basher

Gaba

First Grade
There will be an appeal surely... This thing will go on forever.

After the sentence if he wants to try to appeal

The application for appeal he will need to justify why he lied to the police, and he will need new evidence for both the lying and assault

Cant see the appeal being approved if he doesnt provide new details

SirShire

First Grade
What amuses me is that people actually expect the truth to come out in the Court room.

The Court is rarely a place for truth. It's a place where defence barristers go to herculean efforts to subvert and manipulate the truth. The "law" isn't something set in stone; its much more like a piece of string nailed to a plank of wood so that you can move it such that you can always be on the right side of it. That is, if you have enough mongrel and money in you.

At the end of the day, Bird is dead to me for that one, unmanageable and irrefuteable text message which screams of cowardice.

BTR, you can say all you like that it is just one kid who is scared shyteless of the media. But he made a choice.

To me, he is just another cowardly house-o from Maitland. He and Milligan suit each other. Oh, and she's studying law? She'll be a perfect defence counsel by the looks of things.

Agreed 100%. He was always a loose cannon, everyone with an ear to the ground around the Shire knew this, and yet there was a willingness to turn a blind eye when he came good on the park. He went one step too far, however.

I don't support how the club handled it, but I find it hard to feel sorry for him given the text message and his failure to inform the club of what happened.

And now his case REALLY begins to to differentiate from the Gibbs, Watmough, Laffranchi, Lockyer, 3 x Broncos cases. He has been found guilty. I guess the support these received from their clubs directly correlates with the the helpfulness and truthfulness of the player in inquiries.

So what does it mean for Zappia? Vindicates his decision and firms up his position as CEO?

Last edited:

millersnose

Post Whore
gabba

can i ask you to stop going back and editing your posts here - it can be bad form really and frankly i have seen most of those posts in their original form and i dont think you posted anything wrong so i dont even know why you are revising them

SirShire

First Grade
It seems that Milligan was the one who buried him with her statements to hospital staff.

"My flatmate put the glass in my eye. I don't know why he's lying."

How is the defence going to establish a reasonable doubt before the Magistrate when the now confirmed victim says that?

Gaba

First Grade
gabba

can i ask you to stop going back and editing your posts here - it can be bad form really and frankly i have seen most of those posts in their original form and i dont think you posted anything wrong so i dont even know why you are revising them
one was where i dont think he wasnt responding to me, and the others didnt come out right :0

Dave Q

Coach
For posterity:

Courtroom 4.6Before: MAGISTRATE CLISDELLList No.DefendantTime(SF)DPP -V- BIRD09:30

spider

Coach
the simple facts proved he was responsible

only two of them in the unit, she sustains severe injuries, they both lie about what happened and conflicted each others efforts, and then try to attribute blame on the flat mate who had an air tight alibi

the defence would have based their whole case around the circumstancial evidence

did anybody ever really think she did it to herself.....?

Frailty

First Grade
So he was convicted...

Funny considering all the heroes and prediction maestros who said the prosecution case was weak and he would get off...

... OH wells...
They were wrong again.

ratsack2

Juniors
f**k, he just should of sexually assaulted her on the way home from an official season launch, then taken her with two other team mates to the local and the three of them do her in the toilets, then on the way home kick the sh*t out of a car before pissing on it.

Then I am sure he would of gotten away with the lot.

we have a piss weak administration that will NEVER win a comp with their attitude, bring back Gow and chop up a few mnore jerseys then we just might one day get close to winning something

redback

Bench
f**k, he just should of sexually assaulted her on the way home from an official season launch, then taken her with two other team mates to the local and the three of them do her in the toilets, then on the way home kick the sh*t out of a car before pissing on it.

we have a piss weak administration that will NEVER win a comp with their attitude, bring back Gow and chop up a few mnore jerseys then we just might one day get close to winning something

That would have to be the most ridiculous post ever written!

Ausguy

Coach

:sarcasm: whats that got to do with this case?

Dave Q

Coach
Bird and the girl were their own worse enemies.

As soon as the event happened, they should have been quiet and rung their lawyer.

But they tried to spin their way out of it in amateur fashion and insoding, gave the people of NSW the evidence we relied upon to convict Bird

The text was a really bad idea, the lies were even worse.

Bird has done a really stupid thing, I hope he has learned his lesson and makes the changes to his life he needs to. He is not the antichrist or anything like that.

Ive criticised them before but with hindsight, now I think that the club did the right thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts