What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Q

Coach
bla bla bla, He has too sh*tty a past record for slap on the wrist punnishments as you suggest. And as for him being king in there lol @ that, he wont be in there with women dont forget.

Samshark submitted yesterday that he had no previous convictions when this matter reached hearing.

Nothing good will come of sending him to gaol.

He will probably have to consider having to join a gang in gaol for his own protection.

Plenty of bad-guys, much harder, bigger and meaner than him will probably see him as some kind of "trophy" ripe for a threat and/or flogging. Then he will have to deal with the crazies and psycho's.

More often than not, gaol is a big dustbin that we throw undesirables into and then expect the screws to deal with them.

This bullsh*t privatisation is going to make them 100 times worse for everybody.

If he is guilty, gaol is not going to help him or those effected by his conduct. Its the simple way out.

carcharias

Immortal
someone has been watching too much tv.

Most of the bloke in there are skinny little drug fugged thieves.

gang?
poor bloke is in a conundrum them..
as he is 1 poofteenth aboriginal ..who in the clink are affiliated with the Lebanese...but he looks like a white Aussie and played for Cronulla.

he is peekay

Dave Q

Coach
and

is this the same legal eagle samshark that declared this would be thrown out of court?

One of the appeals is as to his conviction in the first place, so techinically speaking, that view ascribed to Sam is still very much alive.

I imagine that Local Court Magistrates have more of their decisions overturned than any other members of the judiciary.

Until the appeal is heard, IMO Bird has recovered the right to be considered as innocent.

So folks, the legal system delivers on its promise.... its back to square one.

Last edited:

SirShire

First Grade
Sure it is the court's role to make decisions on technicalities to determine guilt or innocence. In this case, the former was found.

Why are we STILL dwelling on the technicalities here? This sh*t kicker has been trouble since day one, and finally that smug, thuggish, boorish attitude caught up with him.

I don't really care if he meant to hit her or not. He is a liar. He is a criminal. He treated this club, his employer with disdain. He turned on his best mate like a snake. He let down his team. He made a monkey out of Ricky and Zappia, and whether you hate him or love him, Zappia should have been kept in the loop from the second that glass struck Milligan in the mug.

I hope he enjoys every minute of that 8-16 months in the slammer.

millersnose

Post Whore
Until the appeal is heard, IMO Bird has recovered the right to be considered as innocent.

nope

he is appealing the severity of the sentence not the verdict

he is guilty and has no right to be 'considered as innocent'

perhaps if you listened to the news you wouldnt read so much into self apppointed legal experts who stumble from one embarrasing prediction to another

Dave Q

Coach
nope

he is appealing the severity of the sentence not the verdict

he is guilty and has no right to be 'considered as innocent'

perhaps if you listened to the news you wouldnt read so much into self apppointed legal experts who stumble from one embarrasing prediction to another

My comment was based on Brad Walters report last night on 2KY. It seems he got it wrong hence did I.

You sound pretty angry nose.

I said some time ago that if he was found guilty he would be slotted.

Having said that, I dont agree that he should go to prison when I think that there are much more positive and helpful alternatives available.

Greg gets out of gaol and then what?

Any pre-disposition he has to alcohol abuse and violence needs to be addressed in a comprehensive and thorough manner.

He has the rest of his life to lead. We dont want him in and out of gaol like a lot of guys. Thats far more costly and dangerous to society in the long run.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
someone has been watching too much tv.

Most of the bloke in there are skinny little drug fugged thieves.

gang?
poor bloke is in a conundrum them..
as he is 1 poofteenth aboriginal ..who in the clink are affiliated with the Lebanese...but he looks like a white Aussie and played for Cronulla.

he is peekay

No and not anymore.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25675546-421,00.html

What a stupid article that is! this dikkwad is making it out as if Greg should be admired when he walks in there??? FFS he commited a crime and is going to be locked up for it and this guy is telling him not to sweat it you'll be sweet Greg..

You should be sh*tting yourself Greg!!! you have f**ked your life up..

The article by Elias is close to the money but some things have changed since he was last in.

I promise you, without a shadow of a doubt, Bird will be an icon in the clink. He WILL get a single cell first night in. He WILL get a TV first night in. He WILL get a job in the first week in.

Shyte, the joint is already "excited" about the prospect of him coming.

No one, for so many reasons, will get within a bull's roar of him.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
My comment was based on Brad Walters report last night on 2KY. It seems he got it wrong hence did I.

You sound pretty angry nose.

I said some time ago that if he was found guilty he would be slotted.

Having said that, I dont agree that he should go to prison when I think that there are much more positive and helpful alternatives available.

Greg gets out of gaol and then what?

Any pre-disposition he has to alcohol abuse and violence needs to be addressed in a comprehensive and thorough manner.

He has the rest of his life to lead. We dont want him in and out of gaol like a lot of guys. Thats far more costly and dangerous to society in the long run.

Name one that works.

samshark

Juniors
and

is this the same legal eagle samshark that declared this would be thrown out of court?

bullsh*t Millers. I have never once said this matter would be thrown out in court. For the record I said from day one the Maliciously assault causing GBH would be thrown out, which it was. I then predicted that he would get found guilty on at least one of the public mischief or false reps charges and that I thought he would beat the assault/wounding charge but I based that opinion on his defence mounting a strong case, given the obvious holes in the prosecutions case. However this didnt happen and we were all surprised.

As for his sentance, I am happy, he deserves it but I can tell you it is not consistant with everyday low profile cases for first time offenders and I can say that Millers from occupational experience. Not being some half wit legal eagle as you say.

warren

Juniors
Psychiatric help.

And I suppose gaol works doesnt it?

Thats why people who go to gaol never re-offend, isn that right? :lol:

is bird mentally ill?

you can get that kind of treatment in jail though (where he belongs)

Dave Q

Coach
bullsh*t Millers. I have never once said this matter would be thrown out in court. For the record I said from day one the Maliciously assault causing GBH would be thrown out, which it was. I then predicted that he would get found guilty on at least one of the public mischief or false reps charges and that I thought he would beat the assault/wounding charge but I based that opinion on his defence mounting a strong case, given the obvious holes in the prosecutions case. However this didnt happen and we were all surprised.

As for his sentance, I am happy, he deserves it but I can tell you it is not consistant with everyday low profile cases for first time offenders and I can say that Millers from occupational experience. Not being some half wit legal eagle as you say.

They could have mounted the best and most techincally correct defence case ever seen in legal history and the magistrate could still have found him guilty. Thats the way the law has been going for ages.

And anyone who wants to get a bit tricky or legally sophisticated these days is taking a bit of a risk. Far better to run your case on provable factual errors of the elements of the offence ( if they exist), not legalistic holes.

Even when the defence is not trying to be tricky or doesnt make a submission on something, a magistrate can still think something is cooking when in fact it isnt and make a finding or state something that is in his or her mind and nobody elses.

The cops and the radio bleat on about lenient courts and accused people getting away with everything, for the most part, thats all bullsh*t.

And so is gaoling Greg Bird. With respect to His Honour, thats a poor outcome for the community and for Greg.

Last edited:

millersnose

Post Whore
you were 'surprised' samshark because you got it wrong - very wrong

for 150 pages you pompously declared what would happen with gimp daveq cheerleading you

and here he is blaming his latest gaffe on a journalist

you guys are probably great fellas in real life

but you guys posted for hundreds of pages on this denigrating the police, the legal teams, and others

its time you recognised that bird is guilty of a low low act and stop bagging other people

Dave Q

Coach
you were 'surprised' samshark because you got it wrong - very wrong

for 150 pages you pompously declared what would happen with gimp daveq cheerleading you

and here he is blaming his latest gaffe on a journalist

you guys are probably great fellas in real life

but you guys posted for hundreds of pages on this denigrating the police, the legal teams, and others

its time you recognised that bird is guilty of a low low act and stop bagging other people

No I wasnt cheerleading Sam on, but I appreciate his points. If Sam is guilty of anything, its trying to add some informed opinion into the debate.

The police are not sacred cows, if you think they are, you dont know too many or have much to do with them. They get it wrong all the time. They are human and thats how it goes.

As for Bird and his legal team, well they did an outstanding job of the case didnt they?

Your abusive tone and overall negativity suggests you have some real issues of your own to resolve.

You are probably a great guy in real life, but you should take your own advice and stop bagging people.

If you dont want people to share their opinions, you should start your own forum.

The moderators badge doesnt entitle you to run around being a dickhead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts