What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

millersnose

Post Whore
well like I said ..my brother had a pretty little girlfiend once upon a time.

She was a fuggen nutjob and would totally lose it...and was more than capable of doing lots worse than this to herself and him.

So anything is possible.....plus it is my natural suspicious streak to distrust all seppo's.:sarcasm:

2 things carc

1. did she stab herself in the eye with a broken glass
2. would your brother try to blame you for it

samshark

Juniors
I probably should mention as well, a second charge of Assault ABH was also laid. Depending upon the outcome of her injuries this may be the charge that goes forward. Obviously Assault ABH is a lot less serious than the GBH.

carcharias

Immortal
1: she did more to herself than stab herself in the eye.
2: I was out of the country....but yes he tried to :)

Luke Hatherley

Juniors
if it went to trial and bird was found noty guilt after all facts and testimony is submitted then i would assume he was innocent

if at this stage the police were to drop charges due to the girlfreind refusing to testify then i would conclude that she has a settlement and doesnt want the embarassment of a court case

therefor bird would be guilty

as gregos has said it is not uncommon for such cases to be dropped

and we do know one thing - the girl was assaulted

Guilty until proven inoccent in your eyes the.

TITAN1

Juniors
For those proclaiming birds innocence,why did he try and get a "mate" to take the blame?
Theres a few posters on here who sound like bulldog supporters when the whole Coffs Harbour affair hit the news.

samshark

Juniors
Regardless of whether Bird beats the charge, this filth around the club is not acceptable. I won't be taking my kids to Shark Park whilst he is playing.

I know it looks bad but dont punish the club for this. Its not their fault. There is no filth at the club.

Things like this happen every week. You just dont here about it. Bird just happens to be an NRL player, thats why he is front page news. Not every person who gets accused of things like this are evil. Sometimes things get out of hand especially when alcohol and emotion are involved. Wait to hear the full facts before making a judgement.

millersnose

Post Whore
Guilty until proven inoccent in your eyes the.

if you like

i am not bound by the burden of convicting judge in a criminal court

i am like the police or a civil court where the balance of probability is enough

it is how i make all my decisions day to day

without a burden of 'beyond reasonable doubt'

For those proclaiming birds innocence,why did he try and get a "mate" to take the blame?
Theres a few posters on here who sound like bulldog supporters when the whole Coffs Harbour affair hit the news.

I don't think anyone here is proclaiming Bird's innocence, you are misinterpreting the many "What if" scenarios that people are speculating about.

carcharias

Immortal

she also said it was the mate.

PJ

First Grade
Would you take the rap for your brother if it meant saving his career & if it was indeed an accident or even self inflicted?

Not if it meant jail time and a criminal record, but hey I may just be selfish.

If it was an accident why not say so?

If it was self inflicted why not both of them say it was an accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.