What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ

First Grade
Theres a few posters on here who sound like bulldog supporters when the whole Coffs Harbour affair hit the news.

You mean the affair where no one was charged and the supporters who were saying wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions were proven correct?

millersnose

Post Whore
Not domestic ones and not this one.

i did a quick google and can find nothing

however i do not work in law and will assume you are correct

though are you sure you arent talking about after a woman has pressed charges against her husband?

STSAE

Juniors
Black-tip reefy, what a stand up individual you appear to be. :crazy:

This clowns attitude combined with the hypocracy from sections astounds me.

Toad Carney wasnt CHARGED with anything and HAMMERED. Can ANYONE recall your coaches articles damning players who have crossed the line????

NOW its one of his own, who hes known for 2yrs, and its lets be "FAIR" and let justice prevail.

This sorta sh*ts been in society for years. And for years CLUBS from all codes have covered up these criminals anti social behaviour. In fact its been alleged one such instance occured earlier this season, with this same arsehole.

Incredible hypocracy here, not by the MAJORITY of course.

I recall some here calling Bwaiff Banasta a lowlife dog just the other day. People in glass houses..........:crazy:.

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

DJShaksta

First Grade
Black-tip reefy, what a stand up individual you appear to be. :crazy:

This clowns attitude combined with the hypocracy from sections astounds me.

Toad Carney wasnt CHARGED with anything and HAMMERED. Can ANYONE recall your coaches articles damning players who have crossed the line????

NOW its one of his own, who hes known for 2yrs, and its lets be "FAIR" and let justice prevail.

This sorta sh*ts been in society for years. And for years CLUBS from all codes have covered up these criminals anti social behaviour. In fact its been alleged one such instance occured earlier this season, with this same arsehole.

Incredible hypocracy here, not by the MAJORITY of course.

I recall some here calling Bwaiff Banasta a lowlife dog just the other day. People in glass houses..........:crazy:.

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Bird has been stood down indefintely pending the outcome of the trial. What more do you want?
The club cannot legally sack him at this point in time.

Secondly, Bwaif is a lowlife dog pretending to be a league player. /discuss.

TITAN1

Juniors
Does the NRL have the power to de-register players for bringing the game into disrepute?

spider

Coach
if bird was sacked before due process run its course, it leaves a sour taste with reason to pollute aspects of he case

but, if by his own admission of guilt to the club (ie: latu), then they would have been able to force his hand

Inferno

Coach
Yes Irish if there is no charge, for whatever reason, what right would the Cronulla club have to terminate a contract.

Alternative is found guilty, therefore in breach and sacked.

Would you disagree?

Not necessarily Angry, I'm sure there's a clause in there regarding bringing the club into disrepute or something like that.

Look at Ben Cousins, he was sacked and all charges around him were dropped. He was still given the boot.

if it went to trial and bird was found noty guilt after all facts and testimony is submitted then i would assume he was innocent

if at this stage the police were to drop charges due to the girlfreind refusing to testify then i would conclude that she has a settlement and doesnt want the embarassment of a court case

therefor bird would be guilty

How can you make the assumption that should she refuse to testify it must be because of his guilt, could be a variety of reasons for that. I think it's a bit of a stretch to automatically link it to guilt IMO.

I'm with Angry, I'm leaving it up to the courts to decide.

millersnose

Post Whore
inferno said:
How can you make the assumption that should she refuse to testify it must be because of his guilt?

because i will not let my fondness for the sharks interfere with my ability to apply reason and logic

millersnose

Post Whore
if bird was sacked before due process run its course, it leaves a sour taste with reason to pollute aspects of he case

he has effectively been sacked as it is

he is about to missout on a final series (at best)

this is because the club accepts the strong probability that he is guilty as do all thinking people

Normally I would say if Bird is not found guilty, bring him back and put him on a leash.

But while he was at the station, the cops said "oh while we've got you here buddy charging you for glassing your girlfriend, that reminds us - we forgot to charge you for allegedly assaulting another woman in a nightclub earlier in the year".

What's that, the (alleged) girl basher's version of buying a Mars Bar and checking the wrapper to see if you won your next one free? It's bizarre.

So all that changes everything. It's all a bit much.

spider

Coach
he has effectively been sacked as it is

he is about to missout on a final series (at best)
he has been stood down at this point, not sacked as yet, but imo, that will be the end result after the process runs its course

this is because the club accepts the strong probability that he is guilty as do all thinking people
i agree

im not defending bird, i have said that numerous times

i will hold my final judgement until after its dealt with accordingly, which again i say is not looking good for greg bird based on the events reported to date

Dave Q

Coach
it was the right thing to do considering information released thus far

"information"

Unsubstantiated allegations that remain untested in court.

Judging by the comments here, if its jury trial, looks like he'll be hard-pressed getting a fair trial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.