What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely

Post Whore
It appears Haneef and saddam hussein got fairer hearings from the public than bird.

Quigs

Immortal
Posted by Since 73

What the?!?....
I've just read a dozen pages of this - has a life of its own.
Over 13K views in 2 days -has the country stopped?

(pssst Spide, Surely, do I get a cut on the returns??? Or will I just get a pat on the head and be called a LU arselicker ???)

I bet that this one goes against all the odds . how long will this thread run its race . Its just the tips of the iceberg
It would be a good sportsbet if you could lay down a punt on the outcome of the result. I'll give you the tip - sorry tips .

Imagine the odds being laid for the result of the pending court case. If you like a bet and you are interested in the Court result maybe you should consider a few tips on Law before you lay any bets . tip - If you have free time and are interested in the interesting odds about this incidents results, well who knows. Anyone with any legal knowledge is welcome to give their free tips , I bet we'd appreciate it. It being the free legal Tips or tips advice.

I bet a lot of youse have a lot of free tips so its a safe bet ....

Its odds on that tips links are strange but what odds would you give that 13,000 indiviuals of the free world would view this free thread. I bet the server gets overloaded and tips out.

(how am I going.... can I have a cut )

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
A cut of losing your shirt Quigs is a collar.

For Spides and the other legal eagles, a few examples from the Evidence Act 1995 to consider for Birdy's case:

Hearsay Examples:

(1) D is the defendant in a sexual assault trial. W has made a statement to the police that X told W that X had seen D leave a night club with the victim shortly before the sexual assault is alleged to have occurred. Unless an exception to the hearsay rule applies, evidence of what X told W cannot be given at the trial.

(2) P had told W that the handbrake on W's car did not work. Unless an exception to the hearsay rule applies, evidence of that statement cannot be given by P, W or anyone else to prove that the handbrake was defective.

(3) W had bought a video cassette recorder and written down its serial number on a document. Unless an exception to the hearsay rule applies, the document is inadmissible to prove that a video cassette recorder later found in D's possession was the video cassette recorder bought by W.

shintaro

Juniors
now that everyones had their say..................... she will be saying it was an accident. No ifs or buts

STSAE

Juniors
Bird has been stood down indefintely pending the outcome of the trial. What more do you want?
The club cannot legally sack him at this point in time.

Secondly, Bwaif is a lowlife dog pretending to be a league player. /discuss.

Its not about sacking mate, I dont recall mentioning the word.

Its your coaches attitude to the news. When it was Toad Carney he felt it was sweet to write an article condemming the bloke and his alleged actions, actions he wasnt even charged by the law for.

Then when it comes to his own player, he wants to wait to see the court outcome.

I wouldve thought that attitude comes across as very hypocritical????

No matter what you may want to deflect onto Bwaiff he comes out smelling like a sweet red riose compared to the absolute lowlife in question, you know it, I know it and Blind Freddy knows it.

But you see this is the attitude again. Instead of hands up it was me Im an arsehole, its deflect the blame, lets cover up and make weak arsed excuses.

Imagine how youd feel if say that was your sister or mother who was glassed???? How would you expect people to react then???? Imagine it was pRicks sister???? I wonder who would get the "benifit of doubt" in that case.

This weak arsed excuse ridden cover up attitude has gone on too long in all the se "boys" clubs. This incident HOPEFULLY will open up some ignorant eyes.

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

DJShaksta

First Grade
Its not about sacking mate, I dont recall mentioning the word.

Its your coaches attitude to the news. When it was Toad Carney he felt it was sweet to write an article condemming the bloke and his alleged actions, actions he wasnt even charged by the law for.

Then when it comes to his own player, he wants to wait to see the court outcome.

I wouldve thought that attitude comes across as very hypocritical????

No matter what you may want to deflect onto Bwaiff he comes out smelling like a sweet red riose compared to the absolute lowlife in question, you know it, I know it and Blind Freddy knows it.

But you see this is the attitude again. Instead of hands up it was me Im an arsehole, its deflect the blame, lets cover up and make weak arsed excuses.

Imagine how youd feel if say that was your sister or mother who was glassed???? How would you expect people to react then???? Imagine it was pRicks sister???? I wonder who would get the "benifit of doubt" in that case.

This weak arsed excuse ridden cover up attitude has gone on too long in all the se "boys" clubs. This incident HOPEFULLY will open up some ignorant eyes.

I understand where you are coming from, but do you really think a coach is going to hang one of his players out to dry in a public press conference??

STSAE

Juniors
I understand where you are coming from, but do you really think a coach is going to hang one of his players out to dry in a public press conference??

No probably not mate but he didnt have to poke the finger at others especially knowing the nature of footballers and that old chestnutt Karma.

He has painted himself into a corner now as has the NRL. Threatening to de-register over a RUMOUR as they did with Carney, its gonna make this whole mess even messier.

I do feel for the majority of your fans, damn shame after a quality season.

samshark

Juniors
A cut of losing your shirt Quigs is a collar.

For Spides and the other legal eagles, a few examples from the Evidence Act 1995 to consider for Birdy's case:

Hearsay Examples:

(1) D is the defendant in a sexual assault trial. W has made a statement to the police that X told W that X had seen D leave a night club with the victim shortly before the sexual assault is alleged to have occurred. Unless an exception to the hearsay rule applies, evidence of what X told W cannot be given at the trial.

(2) P had told W that the handbrake on W's car did not work. Unless an exception to the hearsay rule applies, evidence of that statement cannot be given by P, W or anyone else to prove that the handbrake was defective.

(3) W had bought a video cassette recorder and written down its serial number on a document. Unless an exception to the hearsay rule applies, the document is inadmissible to prove that a video cassette recorder later found in D's possession was the video cassette recorder bought by W.

Dave, you should stop now you are making a fool out of yourself by arguing with Spider about something you have very little knowledge about other than internet searches.

There was more than enough evidence to charge Bird. The points Spider correctly listed is the majority of the evidence that was used and none of it, I repeat none of it is 'hearsay'. Evidence can be either direct or circumstancial (both are admissable). At the moment a lot of the case is circumstancial against Bird. Obviously the key factor is the girls statement.

Of course he is considered innocent until proven guilty. The prosecution will have to reach prima facie (you can look that up) at trial before the defence has to say a word.

STSAE

Juniors
FMD this from a guy whose club went all out to sign Mason.

Thats not serious right????

You cant drag Mason into this one to try to deflect you dope.

You sound like youve been doing what you point at in your sig, now thats the definition of hypocrite.:crazy:

No probably not mate but he didnt have to poke the finger at others especially knowing the nature of footballers and that old chestnutt Karma.

He has painted himself into a corner now as has the NRL. Threatening to de-register over a RUMOUR as they did with Carney, its gonna make this whole mess even messier.

I do feel for the majority of your fans, damn shame after a quality season.

I think the difference here is that Carney didn't deny it. Not denying it is as good as an admission. Bird is maintaining his innocence (and I am not saying I believe him) and hence Sticky cannot say anything as the Club Coach until the allegation has been proven as he could open the Club up to legal action if Bird is found not guilty.

I am sure sticky's comments will be very different if Bird is found guilty of this.

If Carney was a rumour why did they sack him? They investigated it and found it was true. carney did not deny it, to his credit.

PJ

First Grade
Not at all STSAE, and I am not trying to deflect.

I hope they hang him out to dry.

It was your line about deflecting blame instead of putting your hands up to things, weak excuses etc,etc that led me to think of Willie, who is never to blame for any of the stuff he has been involved in, though admittedly nowhere near as bad as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts