What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squae

Juniors
Just been reading the last few pages of the thread (didn't realize just how large it has gotten).

Anyway, just a comment.

Whats the deal Genius Freak do you have some form of personel agenda or what?, your posts are like fully extensive and numerous, not a pot shot, just a couple of thoughts after reading a number of your posts.

Despite not being prosecuted prior to a hearing, do you personally think.
1) That he has done it
2) If not, that she glassed herself in the head
3) That his friend was in the unit, as well as at golf at the one time
4) If the friend was not there, that they have made up the story because she has glassed herself?

It just does not make any sense at the end of the day, and the cops have charged him on what he has said, surely he is the last person to self incriminate himself.

If she did this herself why would they have to lie, they wouldn't.

If he did do it and she decides to lie for him (which is a definately possible scenario, girls do it all the time for deadsh.t w.nkers, I have seen it, as I suppose numerous people have). Than chances are that he will get away with it. I personally will be spewing if the club keeps him, IF, this is the case.

He also has a case coming up about a assualt on a women during January or something as well doesnt he????

As I have stated above Genius Freak, not a pot shot at you, BUT, it just appears commonsense that he has done it, otherwise he wouldn't be blaming the flat mate like he has?????

Last edited:

DJDL

First Grade
allegedly she doesn't have a fractured eye socket either

I've been wondering if the damage was done by throwing his glass at a wall and the shattered glass rebounding into her face. The only thing that troubled me was the "fractured eye socket", I couldn't reconcile that with a glass rebounding off a wall. If what you say is true (and you have a good track record for being on the money around here) then maybe that is what actually happened.

My father has a bad scar on his neck from having been at a party and someone throwing a schooner glass a a wall next to him and being hit by the broken glass on rebound.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Interesting read.

More opinion and assumption than fact in here I'd reckon. Good sprinkling of bush lawyers as well. Nice troll selection. A smattering of intelligence. A load of idiocy. No sign of any outcome.

May as well start a book for the punters.

I have no comments on any of it. Yet.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
she allegedly doesn't have a fractured eye socket either

Hey shint. Don't get all edgy like you sometimes do because you know I don't doubt you, but..........how do you know that?

Last edited by a moderator:

coolumsharkie

Referee
I've calmed down from it all, geez I was pissed off on Monday. I must say though Greg only has himself to blame to be in this position. Whether it be a product of his past discretions or whatever, I don't think you would ever see someone like Simmo in the same predicament. Just to use an example.

squiddy

Juniors
Now there's all this sh*te in the media this morning about Birds manager visiting the victim in hospital and is that a breach of the AVO , and is undue pressure being put on the girl , this is getting even messier

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Now there's all this sh*te in the media this morning about Birds manager visiting the victim in hospital and is that a breach of the AVO , and is undue pressure being put on the girl , this is getting even messier
probably depends on the wording of his bail conditions and the interim avo

squiddy

Juniors
probably depends on the wording of his bail conditions and the interim avo

Very true gunna , I dont think it could be a breach , but I think the inference is there that pressure is being applied to the victim to drop the charges

PJ

First Grade
I didn't think it would be but the AVO apparently says he can't approach her through a 3rd party. I would have thought it isn't a big stretch to say his manager is a third party, but it would be difficult to prove.

SharkShocked

Bench
One would think that the manager if he had any brains would be fully aware of the situation regarding the AVO and that he wouldn't approach the girl without the knowledge that his actions were lawful

carcharias

Immortal
well the most shocking part of all this is where I read ( the leader) that Birds mother was there on the weekend to watch him play.....with her new born baby!
WTF!

...anyhoo

I have a mate who got locked up for ''glassing a bar wench''.
he was refused service for being too pissed.
He dropped his glass down onto the bar it slid off the edge onto a lower lever of the counter/bar and bounced into her chest and shattered.
Her boyfriend was the bouncer.
My mate not only got locked up for the night but got flogged by the bouncer.
The chick carried on like a screaming banshee when the cops arrived.
She wasn't hurt at all.

..all it was , was a stupid accident...because he was pissed .
He had to go to court and when the truth came out all he had to pay was for the dry cleaning of her uniform.

In the cops eye's.. on that night he threw the glass straight at her on purpose.

dannyboy

Juniors
One would think that the manager if he had any brains would be fully aware of the situation regarding the AVO and that he wouldn't approach the girl without the knowledge that his actions were lawful

Manager = Brains? Does the name Khoder ring any any bells.

Most think of getting/keeping/securing their $$$$$ before they think of unzipping their fly at the trough.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
well the most shocking part of all this is where I read ( the leader) that Birds mother was there on the weekend to watch him play.....with her new born baby!
WTF!

...anyhoo

I have a mate who got locked up for ''glassing a bar wench''.
he was refused service for being too pissed.
He dropped his glass down onto the bar it slid off the edge onto a lower lever of the counter/bar and bounced into her chest and shattered.
Her boyfriend was the bouncer.
My mate not only got locked up for the night but got flogged by the bouncer.
The chick carried on like a screaming banshee when the cops arrived.
She wasn't hurt at all.

..all it was , was a stupid accident...because he was pissed .
He had to go to court and when the truth came out all he had to pay was for the dry cleaning of her uniform.

In the cops eye's.. on that night he threw the glass straight at her on purpose.
a better result would have been he refused to pay and insisted on the bouncer being charged with assault. was there cctv. did the cops check it out?

PJ

First Grade
Manager = Brains? Does the name Khoder ring any any bells

Or the manager that allegedly forged Fui Fui's signature and wasn't able to be registered with the NRL for a while. He may have also been the one who got allegedly caught taking teenage boys to a knock shop at a country carnival. WHo is Greg's manager?

I didn't think it would be but the AVO apparently says he can't approach her through a 3rd party. I would have thought it isn't a big stretch to say his manager is a third party, but it would be difficult to prove.

I would have thought it is a 100% certainty that his manager is a "3rd party or representative". I'd guarantee he wasn't there to talk about the weather.

As I've said before, for someone who claims to be innocent, Bird and his manager are acting very guiltily.

SharkShocked

Bench
I don't think you can really say that Khoder Nasser has no brains, yes he looks like a complete genius, but, i haven't seen him cop any real legal or official blame or had to pay any fines or appear in court.

Irrespective of the manner in which they conducted that saga, they managed to avoid any legal consequences and conducted it perfectly for their own interests.

carcharias

Immortal
a better result would have been he refused to pay and insisted on the bouncer being charged with assault. was there cctv. did the cops check it out?

Well it was in a very well known pub in town and there would have definitely been CCTV footage.
Her boyfrined didn't see it happen.
She hit the trouble button and he came flying up the stairs.
She had the shytes because she wanted go home and we were the only ones left in the bar.
He was pissed but he wasn't in any way being violent ...never ever has been .
He has never had a fight in his life.
I reckon she just saw a way to get us out of there.
Then the cops came and all hell broke loose.

He had to pay about 3 grand for a lawyer.
I am not even sure of she showed up in court.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Well it was in a very well known pub in town and there would have definitely been CCTV footage.
Her boyfrined didn't see it happen.
She hit the trouble button and he came flying up the stairs.
She had the shytes because she wanted go home and we were the only ones left in the bar.
He was pissed but he wasn't in any way being violent ...never ever has been .
He has never had a fight in his life.
I reckon she just saw a way to get us out of there.
Then the cops came and all hell broke loose.

He had to pay about 3 grand for a lawyer.
I am not even sure of she showed up in court.
sounds like a travesty of justice to me.

shintaro

Juniors
Hey shint. Don't get all edgy like you sometimes do because you know I don't doubt you, but..........how do you know that?

I spoke to someone yesterday who had just got off the phone to her to check on her wellbeing.
Not too edgy then? Ha ha........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts