What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

millersnose

Post Whore
Why would she not produce an incriminating statement?

who knows reefy

sometimes the mind is a strange thing

with relatively minor injuries,

reefy she has been in hospital for days and her eye was apprently pierced with glass

no evidence of an attack, plenty of evidence to suggest an accident,

your wishful thinking shows admirable loyalty reefy

they would have to have video evidence of him doing it or multiple witnesses or there is no case.

i have no idea what evidence they have

his blame shifting would be pretty strong though

it seems that there is no circumstance that you would have him back in the club. You have believed the NEWS hook line & sinker.

no

i follow a line of logic that concludes he assaulted her

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I think people who say "there is no evidence" should expand the phrase to "no evidence I have seen"

I suspect there is only one person posting in this thread who has any inkling of what eveidence has really been presented and they couldn't say what it was anyway.

Too many moot opinions happening.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
who knows reefy

sometimes the mind is a strange thing

reefy she has been in hospital for days and her eye was apprently pierced with glass

your wishful thinking shows admirable loyalty reefy

i have no idea what evidence they have

his blame shifting would be pretty strong though

no

i follow a line of logic that concludes he assaulted her

I was being tickled once on the lounge room floor by a great chick & we had no dramas whatsover in our time together. but this particular day as she pinned me down her knee dropped on my nuts. My reflex action hurled her off and into the corner of the lounge which has a timber end covered in upholstery. She had a shocker of a shiner.
I could see the looks we got & all of her friends were saying you can talk to me if you need to etc etc. The line of logic there was that i had whacked her
Mud sticks because of the presumption of guilt.
FTR I ended up whacking her quite regularly. But only when & where she asked me too.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You don't spend days in a hospital with a scratched eyeball. You don't get sent from Sutho to a major trauma centre, POW, for nothing.

Wake up people.

You do for eye injuries. Sutho & many other hospitals are not equipped to handle specific trauma. Nor do they have the required security to keep the paparazzi(read paul kent) out.

Jimbo

Immortal
I was being tickled once on the lounge room floor by a great chick & we had no dramas whatsover in our time together. but this particular day as she pinned me down her knee dropped on my nuts. My reflex action hurled her off and into the corner of the lounge which has a timber end covered in upholstery. She had a shocker of a shiner.
I could see the looks we got & all of her friends were saying you can talk to me if you need to etc etc. The line of logic there was that i had whacked her
Mud sticks because of the presumption of guilt.
FTR I ended up whacking her quite regularly. But only when & where she asked me too.

Perhaps you should have tried to blame one of your mates

Oh, that's right...

shintaro

Juniors
Correct me if i am wrong..... throwing a glass etc. at some one would only become an "accident" when it hits them. If it doesn't hit them but was thrown at them, what's that???????????

SharkShocked

Bench
Tell me what you guys think here...

Which is there more logic behind, Bird either having a brain snap and throwing a glass near her that has shattered and caused the injury and him referring to it as an accident and then panicing and trying to get his mate to take blame for an honest accident?

Or is there more logic behind, Bird throwing a glass or even walking up to her and hitting her with a glass with 100% intent and purpose and then attempting to get his mate to take the blame for such an action?

To me, i personally think thats its more probable that he has thrown a glass at her in a heated arguement.

But i honestly hope that he has snapped in an arguement thrown a glass or knocked a glass forcefully not in her direction and that it has shattered and caused the injury to her in an accidental manner.

Of course this does nothing to help the injury, i just hope that one human being could not willfully slam a glass into anothers eye.

Either way, if he is acquitted of the charges due to it being an accident, or due to there being a lack of evidence and the victim not entering a statement, it places the club in a very precarious position as what to do next with him.

Even worse if that were to happen before semi final footy time.

spider

Coach
Correct me if i am wrong..... throwing a glass etc. at some one would only become an "accident" when it hits them. If it doesn't hit them but was thrown at them, what's that???????????
a terrible shot??

its still intent - if proved

and (if proved) the injuries are sustained from that act

spider

Coach
early reports released were suggestive there was funny business going on from the victim and bird

it seems to be getting worse for the prosecution the longer she does not give a statement

spider

Coach
early reports released were suggestive there was funny business going on from the victim and bird

it seems to be getting worse for the prosecution the longer she does not give a statement

Status
Not open for further replies.