What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

millersnose

Post Whore
well it seems likely to me many here will get their wish as the girl will not produce an incriminating statement to police

probably could see this coming in light of the fact she didnt produce one that incriminated him either

this of course makes the case against bird weaker than it would have been

i dont know what the police have on him in terms of other evidence but it would need to be very strong or he will be acquitted

under such circumstance i would be dismayed if the club accepted him back

Quigs

Immortal
Does anyone with just an inkling of inside information know what Bird has told the Coach and the CEO what happend.

Not statements, forensic evidence, news releases.

Just maybe some inside goss.

That's the bit I am waiting to hear.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

The Dodger

First Grade
being as it was in his home, i think they would find a lot of finger prints dodger

its just a thought.

she could have been washing the dishes.

she could have been using the glass to drink some OJ at the time it happened.

if, by how her statement pans out, they can prove otherwise, then it can help.

for instance, she can say that he picked up the glass and threw it at her, when the only fingerprints they find on the glass are hers, or vice versa.

sharks8601

Juniors
ricky said he will take him back
but its up to the board
i guess if he is acquitted the club will most likely take him back
i will support their decision

sharks8601

Juniors
Does anyone with just an inkling of inside information know what Bird has told the Coach and the CEO what happend.

Not statements, forensic evidence, news releases.

Just maybe some inside goss.

That's the bit I am waiting to hear.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

If bird, Zapps and Ricky have this heart to heart meeting that you are dying for and bird says his innocent even though he is not are you happy to take him back if the case has been acquitted?

spider

Coach
somehow i cant see bird lying to sticky.

dont ask me why, just a feeling.
i think it would be an extremely difficult place to be in such as birds situation

only he would understand how the emotive repsonses would flow out

i think if it meant avoiding gaol, anything is possible

RgSharks

Juniors
If bird, Zapps and Ricky have this heart to heart meeting that you are dying for and bird says his innocent even though he is not are you happy to take him back if the case has been acquitted?

If he is acquitted and he says he hasn't done it then I would take him back. We're never going to find out that he did it if he get acquitted.

spider

Coach
cheers frenzy

well im a bit shocked by stuart on that account

some tough decsions ahead for the governing body

All this innocence talk is just wishful thinking.

Phoning up his best mate and asking him to take the rap for this can only be explained one way. Or have I missed a media report that this wasn't true?

Quigs

Immortal
I hope the meeting took place asap after more then the fresh air hit the fan.

If he is guilty then bye bye. If he has lied to Coach and CEO then one of them should take him around the back of the sheds and flog him frontier style.

If he is in the right, and by that I mean in the right, not technically in the right, there is a difference, then he should be kept.

My opinion only - Who am I to judge.

Personally I reckon one of them should flog him anyway for being a dickhead after the last couple of incidents.

Forget all the forensics and Cronulla CSIs' going down in here.

7.30am in the morning... you work it out.

Right or wrong he needs a good strappin with dads belt. Should of woke up to himself after the previous previouses.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
well it seems likely to me many here will get their wish as the girl will not produce an incriminating statement to police

probably could see this coming in light of the fact she didnt produce one that incriminated him either
Why would she not produce an incriminating statement?

this of course makes the case against bird weaker than it would have been.i dont know what the police have on him in terms of other evidence but it would need to be very strong or he will be acquitted
with relatively minor injuries, no evidence of an attack, plenty of evidence to suggest an accident, they would have to have video evidence of him doing it or multiple witnesses or there is no case.

under such circumstance i would be dismayed if the club accepted him back

it seems that there is no circumstance that you would have him back in the club. You have believed the NEWS hook line & sinker.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I spoke to someone yesterday who had just got off the phone to her to check on her wellbeing.
Not too edgy then? Ha ha........

Good answer. Very insightful news. Outstanding roving reporting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.