What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24249682-5001021,00.html

Cops probe possible Greg Bird bail breach

Article from:

By Kara Lawrence
August 27, 2008 01:00pm

POLICE are investigating a possible breach of NRL star Greg Bird's bail conditions following a visit by Bird's manager to the Cronulla Shark's injured girlfriend in hospital yesterday afternoon.
Miranda Local Area Command crime manager Detective Inspector Greg Bamford confirmed police wanted to know the purpose of Gavin Orr’s visit to Kathryn Milligan’s bedside on Tuesday, when Ms Milligan had yet to give a formal statement to police about her alleged glassing by Bird on Sunday morning.
Katie's parents flying to her side from the US
“We are looking at that,’’ Det Insp Bamford told The Daily Telegraph today.

“We would hope to interview the relevant parties soon,’’ he said.
Paul Kent: Should Greg Bird be sacked?
It is believed police would need specific evidence that Bird’s manager Gavin Orr spoke to Ms Milligan on Bird’s behalf when he attended Prince of Wales Hospital, to prove a breach of Bird’s bail and have it revoked.

Does anyone seriously believe Orr was not there representing Bird's interests? If so, please email me, I've got a Harbour Bridge to sell you.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanallen

Juniors
I couldnt see bird walking up to her and whacking her with the glass. He would of had to have some force behind the hit which means he would of had to move his arm backwards up before striking her.

WOuld Katie just be looking at him while he aims up? You would think her reactions would of resulted in her turning her head, putting her hands up to cover her face.

Also i am suprised that noone BUT bird has been blamed. What if bird wasn't home at the time, and if it wasn't his roomate Katie might of been by herself from bewteen 6-8. Then someone has entered the unit, tried to assault Katie, she woke up, they panicked, tried to knock her out with the first thing they could find. Bird comes home and assumed it was his room mate.

Check this link out

http://maitland.yourguide.com.au/ne...-pressure-after-flatmates-arrest/1254997.aspx

Looks like the truth will never been known if she is lieing as well!!!

Where do you get that she's been lying? "We've told police ...." could mean "I've told police...". I think she's more likely to be waiting for her parents to arrive and help her lawyer up.

Also, if it was an accident, why tell the police? How did the police first get involved? If I'd had an accident with broken glass at home I can think of several places to call before the police, eg ambulance, doctor, emergency dept at hospital.

shintaro

Juniors
I couldnt see bird walking up to her and whacking her with the glass. He would of had to have some force behind the hit which means he would of had to move his arm backwards up before striking her.

WOuld Katie just be looking at him while he aims up? You would think her reactions would of resulted in her turning her head, putting her hands up to cover her face.

Also i am suprised that noone BUT bird has been blamed. What if bird wasn't home at the time, and if it wasn't his roomate Katie might of been by herself from bewteen 6-8. Then someone has entered the unit, tried to assault Katie, she woke up, they panicked, tried to knock her out with the first thing they could find. Bird comes home and assumed it was his room mate.
Are you a CEO of an NRL club?

You are really clutching at straws.

Squae

Juniors
Where do you get that she's been lying? "We've told police ...." could mean "I've told police...". I think she's more likely to be waiting for her parents to arrive and help her lawyer up.

Also, if it was an accident, why tell the police? How did the police first get involved? If I'd had an accident with broken glass at home I can think of several places to call before the police, eg ambulance, doctor, emergency dept at hospital.

I do agree that the "we have told police" could really just be him saying it, misleading the flatmate.

Thats why I specifically said that we might never know the truth "IF, she is lieing about it as well"

spider

Coach
you dont ring your mate and ask "how do you feel about that?" after leaving a message that you will / have told police it was the mate that did it

this is the gillette big play - imo it weighs up all the guilt towards him

what other reason would there be to do this

Jimbo

Immortal
I do agree that the "we have told police" could really just be him saying it, misleading the flatmate.

Thats why I specifically said that we might never know the truth "IF, she is lieing about it as well"

'We told police' sounds more convincing to a potential scapegoat than 'I told police'

If Milligan was in on the cover-up, why would she have said 'why did you do this to me?' to Bird?

ryanallen

Juniors
I know the message looks to blame it on his friend but have we ever heard anyone but the media say he blamed it on his friend.

We don't know in which context the message was sent. "We've told police it was you, how do you feel"
This could mean "You've hit Katie, we've told police, wish you hadn't done it now?"

If you came home and found your partner with blood pouring out of her face what would you think? The only other person who was in the unit would come to mind first.

you dont ring your mate and ask "how do you feel about that?" after leaving a message that you will / have told police it was the mate that did it

this is the gillette big play - imo it weighs up all the guilt towards him

what other reason would there be to do this

To avoid all publicity.

Unknown person glasses unknown person would be lucky to make it into the Leader.

TITAN1

Juniors
Agree,theres no evidence that ive seen that implicates Milligan with a statement to that effect

TITAN1

Juniors
I know the message looks to blame it on his friend but have we ever heard anyone but the media say he blamed it on his friend.

We don't know in which context the message was sent. "We've told police it was you, how do you feel"
This could mean "You've hit Katie, we've told police, wish you hadn't done it now?"

If you came home and found your partner with blood pouring out of her face what would you think? The only other person who was in the unit would come to mind first.
The same person playing golf at that time?
Try again.

Jimbo

Immortal

His friend was in Bankstown at the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.