What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Titan why do u insist on posting in here. This thread is mostly for people who know what is going on.
Go & post in the NRL forum thread. Please.

sharks8601

Juniors
i think you will find there has been 'no meeting' between the board and the sponsors

it was reported that the sponsors had contacted the club to question how they [the club] were dealing with the issue in regard to the allegations against bird

It still begs the question on how the sponsors feel if he is acquitted as he is a major marketing drive for our sponsors

Dave Q

Coach
i think you will find there has been 'no meeting' between the board and the sponsors

it was reported that the sponsors had contacted the club to question how they [the club] were dealing with the issue in regard to the allegations against bird

The so-called sponsers rumour.

Its Ok for the sponsers to take the high moral ground at the moment and seemingly, thats all appropriate and nice.

But when the sharks take a premature dip out of the finals and they dont get their brand on the telly for a few extra weeks, they'll be dissapointed and looking to blame you.

And what the fug is stinky taking them to North Sydney Oval. Thats making further dents into the routine. Why dont they train in Dubbo, thats away from the media too.

Theres a good excuse on the horizon for a poor finals showing. No doubt plenty of relief will be felt around some quarters.

Its turned into the circus we all expected.

Bird was an important part of the Sharks finals aspirations. Now you guys are looking more like the cactus everyone was hoping you wouldnt be.

Id be really p*ssed off if I was a sharks fan. Hell, I'm pi*sed off anyway.

Last edited:

spider

Coach
It still begs the question on how the sponsors feel if he is acquitted as he is a major marketing drive for our sponsors
i agree, and it will be something im sure would be playing on the minds of the board when its time for the big decision

as i have stated for the last couple of days - i cant see her making a statement

the club will need to make a decision, without a court hearing imo

sharks8601

Juniors
i agree, and it will be something im sure would be playing on the minds of the board when its time for the big decision

as i have stated for the last couple of days - i cant see her making a statement

the club will need to make a decision, without a court hearing imo

Exactly, however if he is acquitted/ not guilty it will hopefully play in favor of him staying
But him lying to Zappia will play a major role in the outcome

Yeah thats awful, he's a liar liar pants on fire.

I bet you've never told a porky titan.

I think you'd find if you lied to your boss, who then went public to defend you, and then ended up with egg all over his face for believing you, you'd be queueing up at Centrelink tomorrow.

Correct that to "was" a major marketing drive ... the sponsors he might have had will be running away at 100 kmh. They won't want to be associated with the official [insert sponsor name here] Greg Bird Cronulla Sharks commemorative schooner glass.

Titan why do u insist on posting in here. This thread is mostly for people who know what is going on.
Go & post in the NRL forum thread. Please.

I imagine Titan posts here for the same reasons I do. Its kind of fun, countering some of you guys blindly loyal defences of Greg Bird, with commonsense and reason, then seeing what responses in his defence you come up with.

Also, who's to say you know whats really going on more than anyone else? Even if you'd spoken to Greg Bird himself you're still only getting a slanted view of what happened.

TITAN1

Juniors
Times have changed,and players have to realise that society wont accept their childish behaviour or continue turning a blind eye (no pun intended) to drunken antics.
Hopefully the lessons have been learnt by the players to Carney and possibly Birds punishment.

Sharks still want to hear Bird's story

August 27, 2008 - 7:00PM

Cronulla say they are still waiting to hear from Greg Bird about the events that led to the Test star being stood down indefinitely from the NRL club.
Bird has been charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm on his girlfriend, Katie Milligan, and is due to appear in court again on October 8.
The NSW and Test star contacted the club after the alleged incident on Sunday but chief executive Tony Zappia admitted "a reasonably different" version of events was heard in court on Tuesday.
Zappia said the club still wanted to meet with Bird and his manager Gavin Orr to discuss the incident.
"There's intentions to meet with Greg and his management company, yes," Zappia said.
"We've extended an invitation, it's just a case of confirmation as to when and where.
"Obviously he'll be getting some legal advice, it's just a case of when there is a stage that things have settled down I assume, so we're just waiting on that.
"It's just a case of finding out what did occur."
Asked whether he was disappointed in Bird's lack of communication with the club so far, Zappia said: "I'll make no comment on that."
Bird's career hangs in the balance, with reports he will be sacked by the Sharks regardless of the findings.
He faces a possible jail term if convicted.
Source: http://news.theage.com.au/sport/sharks-still-want-to-hear-birds-story-20080827-43wx.html

Avoiding fronting the club. Why?

Getting story straight, rehearsing with manager and lawyer. It all takes time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.