What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkShocked

Bench
If you had tried to pin it on your mate, why would you ask "are you ok with that"

That's asking someone if they will take the blame for something, not saying 'Yeah i swear he was the one that threw the glass'

Asking him to take the rap yes, pinning it on him, no.

sharks8601

Juniors
If you had tried to pin it on your mate, why would you ask "are you ok with that"

That's asking someone if they will take the blame for something, not saying 'Yeah i swear he was the one that threw the glass'

Asking him to take the rap yes, pinning it on him, no.

so you know bird THREW a glass and know thats what he was taking the rap for??

millersnose

Post Whore
If he gets acquitted and we already sack him there is no reason for the other 15 clubs not to sign him

yes there is a possibility he will be acquitted

i still dont want him at my club

and the club he joins will always have to carry the club who accepts guys who slahes womens faces in the perception of the sporting community

that is suicide via sponsorship destruction

SharkShocked

Bench
Goes back to my original scenario question earlier on in this thread.

Would you ask a mate to take the rap for a possible accident, maybe if your stupid like bird is.

Would you ask a mate to take the rap if you walked up and glassed someone.. He could be that stupid as well...

Police reports are that he has actively attempted to divert police with statements.

I don't see any report that police have published that Bird has said that Mr Watson is the one to blame and that they will be testifying that he did the damage.

My personal view as i have said all along is, that he has thrown a glass at her in a fit of rage it's hit her, and then he's tried to get a mate to take the blame for it, not accuse him and try to pin the blame on him.

As i said, that's just my personal opinion on the matter. When the truth comes out, that's when we will all know.

Stalefish

Juniors
Everyone on here knows about as much as the next person - f**k all.

This thread just gives me a headache.

What if he is innocent Millers or it was an accident?

Apply logic. What reasonable hypothesis other than guilt could be inferred from his conversation with Watson? I said from the outset that the onlydefensible position would be if it emerged she had caused this injury by accident or otherwise

But is that reasonable?

Don't trot out the innocence before guilt because it is fed you constantly.

Think.

The probability of this even reaching trial is minimal.

But think.

Courts are a place of truth for some but mostly a place of evidence for others.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
no

i dont know what her motives are

battered wife syndrome is one of the many possibilities

i have no idea if she is even interested in a monetary settlement

its seems to me its just as likely she wants to get back with him

She has legal advisors of her own, her parents are with her & the media is showering her with gifts. She is famous. Apparently she has lost an eye & has a fractured eye socket.
& yet you think her & these people are going to let her not make a truthful statement to protect somebody she has been with for 8 weeks?
Millers, you are out of your depth here mate. Believe me, take the time, take a breath & give in to the fact that there is a possibility that this was an accident. I haven't discounted the possibility that it was done on purpose. But there is some very good mail around saying that it wasn't. Read back to where I wrote "there is no privacy from public departments"
You've swallowed the entire media spin & I am shocked. But it does make me curious of what you do think about Lindy Chamberlain? Did you ever think during all those years that there was a possibility that they were telling the truth.
The STAE's & Dannyboys & myanons & other imbeciles had her tried & convicted.

millersnose

Post Whore
gregos

i ask because i just dont know

but it has been said that once a charge is laid in a domestic violence case then it will go to court

is this the case or not?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Apply logic. What reasonable hypothesis other than guilt could be inferred from his conversation with Watson? I said from the outset that the onlydefensible position would be if it emerged she had caused this injury by accident or otherwise

But is that reasonable?

Don't trot out the innocence before guilt because it is fed you constantly.

Think.

The probability of this even reaching trial is minimal.

But think.

Courts are a place of truth for some but mostly a place of evidence for others.

Gregos I am with you 100% on that & I agree. I don't think the IbeforeG thing is always correct. However, Birds biggest fear was never the police or the law. it was& still is, the media. I am 100% certain that if Greg Bird was a bricklayer from maitland, the truth would be known already.

Added to that, there is not 1 report anywhere of the possibility that Greg Bird was acting in self defense!!!! it is a very real possibility.

millersnose

Post Whore
She has legal advisors of her own, her parents are with her & the media is showering her with gifts. She is famous. Apparently she has lost an eye & has a fractured eye socket.
& yet you think her & these people are going to let her not make a truthful statement to protect somebody she has been with for 8 weeks?

i repeat reefy

i do not know

i do know so far she hasnt made a statement either way

Millers, you are out of your depth here mate. Believe me, take the time, take a breath & give in to the fact that there is a possibility that this was an accident.

i cannot conceive this was an accident

I haven't discounted the possibility that it was done on purpose. But there is some very good mail around saying that it wasn't.

i have read the same mail you have reefy probably from the same guys

and it damns bird not exonerates him

Read back to where I wrote "there is no privacy from public departments"
You've swallowed the entire media spin & I am shocked.

call me names if that will make you feel better

i am dissappointed that you of all people would put up a defence of such an attack

But it does make me curious of what you do think about Lindy Chamberlain?

oh ffs

fizman

Bench
Is it not possible that Bird was advised to lie in the first instance to all and sundry by his Manager?? Quite possible.

I agree with you completely Reef.

But I guess the sticking point is that I don't buy fear of the media as a defence for his immediate response. That's where people will have to make up their own mind. And how long is reasonable before we hear that if it is in fact true? Will it simply be evidence given from the bar by his QC?

And Millers, I am informed there is apparently a Commisioner's direction that police should favour charges in relation to domestic violence matters. But without sufficient available evidence I am told by a friend the DPP would hear representations to withdraw the charges very carefully.

Without the primary victim you do the sums.

Status
Not open for further replies.