What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RgSharks

Juniors
do you think the club should be playing him this weekend?

Yes, he has not been convicted of anything. I don't think your job would stop paying you let alone suspend you if you were in the same situation.
Unfortunately for him he is a high profile player playing in a game which has been in trouble too many times now.

Do you think being accused of rape is a serious crime?
Yet I can think of two cases where players where not suspended. The whole bulldogs coff horbour thing and Laffranchi.
I'm not saying the club hasn't taken the right action here, I just think that it's unfair to hang him out and dry until we know everything.

millersnose

Post Whore
carc has a mate whose missus has done worse than that to herself and his brother tried to blame him....

greg would never hit a girl ...because there is something special about greg

i read that in another thread

1) I think I will smash this glass into this pretty, innocent, pure Dorothy from Kansas' face.
I am a big mean female beating footy head...I can't help myself.
It is because I am an arrogant tool...so I can't help beating women.

or

2) I think I will dump this physco who has attached herself to me and my friends. God what was I thinking....what? no I wasn't flirting ...huh I was just talking to her...god not this again...FMD
Just drop it ...look it is over ....
no it's not
yes it is
how could you ...waaa waaa waaa waa you fuggen arsehole pig ...lash lash out lash out.
scratch , hellicopter , airswing

stop it.
..push

waaa waaa waaa
fug are you ok ?

why did you do this to me
I didn't
yes you did.

Off course option 1 is the only plausible senario...because the tv said so.

Nice work! Regardless of which if either is remotely close to the truth, if he hit her, be it in your suggestion of self defense or not, he will still have to justify why he didnt just walk away. If she was being trouble as you suggest and he wanted her out then he could use the law if need be to do that. In either case he allowed himeslf to be embroided in the situation and then their is the attempted cover up that is in evidence.

Seems no matter what way you look at this he acted in a totally inapproapriate manner which may still lead to his career being in all sorts of strife, let alone the obvious legal problem.

millersnose

Post Whore
Yes, he has not been convicted of anything. I don't think your job would stop paying you let alone suspend you if you were in the same situation.
Unfortunately for him he is a high profile player playing in a game which has been in trouble too many times now.

Do you think being accused of rape is a serious crime?

yes

Yet I can think of two cases where players where not suspended. The whole bulldogs coff horbour thing and Laffranchi.

yes

I'm not saying the club hasn't taken the right action here, I just think that it's unfair to hang him out and dry until we know everything.

well has the club been 'unfair' or not?

Surely

Post Whore
With regard to dissappointment at a number of media inaccuracies what have the media reported.

Greg bird glassed his girlfriend and fractured her eye socket.

So which inaccuracies is she referring to ?

carcharias

Immortal
carc has a mate whose missus has done worse than that to herself and his brother tried to blame him....

greg would never hit a girl ...because there is something special about greg

i read that in another thread

Millers got divorced beacause he didn't have any mates to tell him she was a dumb bitch.

he told me that in one of his 50 million boring anti rudd/whales 4c threads.

RgSharks

Juniors
I don't think the club is being unfair. They have no choice and have taken the only fair option they can take in this situation.

I think you are being unfair by not giving him the benifit of doubt without actually knowing any facts.

stupidhumour

Juniors
I don't think your job would stop paying you let alone suspend you if you were in the same situation.

Actually, employers standing employees down on full pay is the norm in these types of situations (which can vary greatly, yes - but generally speaking)

Last edited:

millersnose

Post Whore
I don't think the club is being unfair. They have no choice and have taken the only fair option they can take in this situation.

that ios because they recognise the strong probability that bird has assaulted the woman as charged and that he told them a different story than the police told them

I think you are being unfair by not giving him the benifit of doubt without actually knowing any facts.

i am not required to give anyone the 'benefit of the doubt'

and there are plenty of facts already public

RgSharks

Juniors
He was charged and the club had little choice but to suspend him. He was not suspended because the club thinks he "probably" did it! He was instructed to give the story he gave to the club. Of course he is going to take that advice, he has been doing so since the start of his career.

Well that's you choice to judge people before hearing the facts. Just glad you don't have anything to do with the legal proceedings as you have already made up your mind.

Surely

Post Whore
and there are plenty of facts already public

Yes there are, a girl has an eye injury, the fractured eye socket is yet to be varified, greg bird was involved, greg bird tried to get a mate to take the heat. Millers has executed him already.

What we don't know is

How it happened
Was it an accident or intentional
iIf bird smashed a glass into someones face with enough force to fracture her eye socket how come he has no cuts to his hand.
The accuracy of the media reporting, as there is no statement from bird or the alleged victim.

millersnose

Post Whore
He was charged and the club had little choice but to suspend him. He was not suspended because the club thinks he "probably" did it!

well if you want to beleive that then all power to you

Well that's you choice to judge people before hearing the facts.

i have heard plenty of facts

Just glad you don't have anything to do with the legal proceedings as you have already made up your mind.

as have the police and prosecutor who have plenty to do with legal proceedings

spider

Coach
So that would be one of a number then, and the others would be ?
we wont know until the facts / case is presented in court

if it gets that far

imo - his actions have tarnished the club and he wont remain with them over that alone

only possible way i can see him remaining is if it did go to court and he was deemed not guilty

carcharias

Immortal
Yes there are, a girl has an eye injury, the fractured eye socket is yet to be varified, greg bird was involved, greg bird tried to get a mate to take the heat. Millers has executed him already.

What we don't know is

How it happened
Was it an accident or intentional
iIf bird smashed a glass into someones face with enough force to fracture her eye socket how come he has no cuts to his hand.
The accuracy of the media reporting, as there is no statement from bird or the alleged victim.

but it was on the tv and in the newspaper.

I was thinking that too. However, after talking to somebody a lot more knowledgeable than me, they would have said do the same thing. Deny & say nothing until we are in control.

Probably fair enough, but he didn't deny and say nothing, he actively attempted to deflect blame. He should have said "I don't know what happened".

Status
Not open for further replies.