What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

feeding frenzy

Juniors
GREG Bird's girlfriend Katie Milligan has been released from hospital without giving police a formal statement about who attacked her inside his Cronulla unit block.
Ms Milligan left Prince of Wales Hospital shortly before noon accompanied by her father and a female police officer.
In a statement through her lawyer, Ms Milligan pleaded for privacy.
"My client wishes to advise that she is concentrating on her recovery, as this is the paramount consideration at this point in time," the statement from lawyer Campbell MacCallum said.
"She has expressed some disappointment in the number of inaccuracies contained in much of the media coverage of the incident. However, under legal advice, she has not yet released her statement of events.
“She does request that the media and others respect her privacy and that of her family during this difficult period.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I don't think this chic has a clue who attacked her. That's my gut feeling. Some early reports say that even she told staff at Sutherland Hospital Watson was the perp. Then somehow it gets turned around to be Bird.

Nothing rings true in this.

Nuffs

Bench
hahaha media inaccuracies.

let's have a guessing game - which "facts" have been reported wrongly, so that she'd come out through her lawyer and say she's disappointed in the media coverage?

So she is disappointed in inaccuracies of teh media coverage. That not surprising I am disappointed in the media inaccuracies in most everything I read. Still this adds nothing to the debate. There is no diffinative statement as to which media statements she refers.

I remain unswayed in my opinion that an assualt took place but again it's only my opinion. One that is swayed by the attempt to move blame onto a third party and what appears to be a different version provided to the club on the day of the incident. Greg Bird has done his credibility no favours in his handling of this incident in my opinion.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So we have one clear statement from person from the incident.
"She has expressed some disappointment in the number of inaccuracies contained in much of the media coverage of the incident"

Lets look at this statement. The only statement to date.

"number of inaccuracies" I don't think she wanted more of them, so it is a fair guess that the people who have been arguing against this story from the word go, were on the money. Agreed?

"contained in much of media coverage" So by that I take it is a clean swipe at all Australian media except for those who did not embelish the court hearing with fabrications. if anybody has any links to those who have reported with a duty of care & fairly, that would be great to see.

"incident" hhmm. not an attack? not an accident? an incident? WOW!

millersnose

Post Whore
I don't think this chic has a clue who attacked her. That's my gut feeling.

bullshyte frenzy
dont pretend to be some shark8601 or dodge or some lame brain here

Some early reports say that even she told staff at Sutherland Hospital Watson was the perp. Then somehow it gets turned around to be Bird.

geeze i wonder why

sweety please i didnt mean it...if you say it was me then they will take away my footyy career and we wont be able to sail to the moon together - i will talk to watto i will get him to say it was him and it was an accident and i will tell the club i wasnt involved and then we can live in cuddly wuddly land forever

bahh

suspend logic frenzy

geeze i wonder why

sweety please i didnt mean it...if you say it was me then they will take away my footyy career and we wont be able to sail to the moon together - i will talk to watto i will get him to say it was him and it was an accident and i will tell the club i wasnt involved and then we can live in cuddly wuddly land forever

bahh

suspend logic frenzy[/quote]

:lol:

samshark

Juniors
I don't think this chic has a clue who attacked her. That's my gut feeling. Some early reports say that even she told staff at Sutherland Hospital Watson was the perp. Then somehow it gets turned around to be Bird.

She did say that as well.
It got turned around to Bird because of his messages and calls to Watson who then went and made a statement exonerating himself and also neighbours saying there was no one else in the unit. If Bird doesnt make those calls I dont think he would be in this position right now.

I cant fugging wait to see how this story turns out. This is the best drama in years.

samshark

Juniors
hahaha media inaccuracies.

let's have a guessing game - which "facts" have been reported wrongly, so that she'd come out through her lawyer and say she's disappointed in the media coverage?

There are two questions in that. Is she talking about the way the media have reported on this comapred to what was in the fact sheet tendered at court or is she talking about the way the media have reported compared to what actually happened. I would bet the latter.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If Bird doesnt make those calls I dont think he would be in this position right now..

I was thinking that too. However, after talking to somebody a lot more knowledgeable than me, they would have said do the same thing. Deny & say nothing until we are in control.

The Dodger

First Grade
bullshyte frenzy
dont pretend to be some shark8601 or dodge or some lame brain here

geeze i wonder why

bahh

suspend logic frenzy

hey, what have i done to be called a lame brain?
please explain.

coming from someone who is making presumptions as to how this happened, i find that quite funny...

RgSharks

Juniors
I unlike some here will wait until the ACTUAL facts and a statement by Katie before I put him in front of the firing squad.

I really can't understand why people like millersnose have been so quick to condem him without actually knowing nothing. I think it's totally unfair, especially if he is not guilty.

Last edited:

millersnose

Post Whore
I unlike some here will wait until the ACTUAL facts and a statement by Katie before I put him in front of the firing squad.

I really can't understand why people like millersnose have been so quick to condem him with actually knowing nothing. I think it's totally unfair, especially if he is not guilty.

do you think the club should be playing him this weekend?

carcharias

Immortal
1) I think I will smash this glass into this pretty, innocent, pure Dorothy from Kansas' face.
I am a big mean female beating footy head...I can't help myself.
It is because I am an arrogant tool...so I can't help beating women.

or

2) I think I will dump this physco who has attached herself to me and my friends. God what was I thinking....what? no I wasn't flirting ...huh I was just talking to her...god not this again...FMD
Just drop it ...look it is over ....
no it's not
yes it is
how could you ...waaa waaa waaa waa you fuggen arsehole pig ...lash lash out lash out.
scratch , hellicopter , airswing

stop it.
..push

waaa waaa waaa
fug are you ok ?

why did you do this to me
I didn't
yes you did.

Off course option 1 is the only plausible senario...because the tv said so.

Jasdragon

Juniors
To those people whom believe Bird should not be dropped atm pending the results of this case.

Do you really believe he would be able to even play at anywhere near his best, or at the level required for finals football with all this going on? I would not be surprised if he was physically sick due to this whole situation, especially due to the alleged nature of it, ramifications and not to mention all the media attention.

Look at the form of most players when they are going through contractual/ large personal issues, their performance till it's over usually has them on the verge of being dropped e.g Gaz, Prichard and many other etc. Also having bird still playing could be a large distraction on the whole team which could have a really negative impact (prob a good thing for Dragons supporters :D).

I support the club (can't believe I would ever say that! I hate them :D) on the stance it has made on this issue.

dannyboy

Juniors
Carch

Both of your scenarios are plausible...as are a number of others in the last 900+ posts. You do know that people who beat up on woman don't have a tattoo on their forehead don't you (not meant to imply that I think your first scenario is the accurate one by the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.