What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Q

Coach
I wonder if Birdy is getting counselled.

His life is a mess atm, he could easily get depressed and go out on a drunken rampage and do something stupid.

If he's a drinker already, he will be no odubt drawn to the alleged solace of the booze.

S.R.

Juniors
A NEW THEORY!

Bird got home at 7:30am after a big night, found his girlfriend bleeding and semi-conscious, with a broken glass nearby. She was dazed and confused, and jibbering. When she realised what had happened, she went off and blamed him. Bird wasn't there when the incident happened. He put 2 and 2 together and blamed his mate, who conveniently was off playing golf by this time. Bird told the police this, and then was trying to get in touch with his mate to let him know that the Police were involved.

Allegedly....

spider

Coach
A NEW THEORY!

Bird got home at 7:30am after a big night, found his girlfriend bleeding and semi-conscious, with a broken glass nearby. She was dazed and confused, and jibbering. When she realised what had happened, she went off and blamed him. Bird wasn't there when the incident happened. He put 2 and 2 together and blamed his mate, who conveniently was off playing golf by this time. Bird told the police this, and then was trying to get in touch with his mate to let him know that the Police were involved.

Allegedly....
i wonder how his mate 'felt about that'

A NEW THEORY!

Allegedly....

Interesting.

Well having read what was said by katies legal representative (re disappointment over inconistancies in media reorts) and read through these and other posts, i am starting to believe that Greg Bird will be mounting a defence that realistically could see him either aquitted or the charges dropped. I would like to think that this defense will be based on the truth and not a smoke screen.

As I have stated before I believe Greg Bird will still have some trouble with the Club management regardless and some explaining to do regarding information he provided to them on Sunday.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Interesting.

Well having read what was said by katies legal representative (re disappointment over inconistancies in media reorts) and read through these and other posts, i am starting to believe that Greg Bird will be mounting a defence that realistically could see him either aquitted or the charges dropped. I would like to think that this defense will be based on the truth and not a smoke screen.

As I have stated before I believe Greg Bird will still have some trouble with the Club management regardless and some explaining to do regarding information he provided to them on Sunday.

There's no way in the f*cken world he's innocent. Of course he did it.

STSAE

Juniors
I feel bad for your club and the fans, this is going to draw some heavy heat I suppose. And youve just shown you are the real deal on the field.

My interest lies in how the News RL will deal with this. After Toad Carney not actually being charged with anything being BANNED from the NRL, you have to wonder what Gallop will do with this incident????

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Hmmmm and someone elses 1st thought on the matter.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
seems i hoped right, since then. I woke up. Saw past the media lies. Saw past the public outrage based on media lies & fabrications. I still have an open mind that there is very remote possibility that Bird snapped & did it after prolonged provocation.

How is your little gullible club going that have made there mind up on media "facts"

Did I say he was innocent reefy? I said he could well mount a defence that would see him get off this charge. Big difference. What is wrong with you, you are snappy as a reef shark....oh f**k hang on

ryanallen

Juniors
A NEW THEORY!

Allegedly....

That's what i was trying to say a few pages back but everyone kept saying his mate would of had to play golf like a rocket for it to happen.

It is a block of unit with a lot of other people around. The door could of easily left unlocked/open when his mate left for golf for someone to easily enter.

STSAE

Juniors
seems i hoped right, since then. I woke up. Saw past the media lies. Saw past the public outrage based on media lies & fabrications. I still have an open mind that there is very remote possibility that Bird snapped & did it after prolonged provocation.

How is your little gullible club going that have made there mind up on media "facts"

Interesting comment considering you ass-u-med guilt on page 1.

Me, my 1st thought was for the fans at your club, the ones who have been hurt most in all this, bar the victim allegedly of course.

Reefer-madness.

So much clutching at straws, living in denial in some of these scenarios about the incident, only because of Birds contribution to Sharks team as a player. If he was a fringe Jim Bean Cup player no one would care what happened to him.

I don't reckon there's any reason that would be good enough to make me want to see Bird play for the Sharks again. Sure the media can get it wrong, but there's enough info appearing from the media hype, to suggest that there's something dirty going here. If any of it's true Bird's the not sort of individual we want at the club.

squiddy

Juniors
f**k this is getting weirder by the second , turns out Katies lawyer is a partner of Gavin Orr !!!! ( according to the telegraph)

I'm guessing she aint going to be sueing..........

spider

Coach
I still have an open mind that there is very remote possibility that Bird snapped & did it after prolonged provocation.
i think there is a strong possibility in that

hence - it doesnt act as a defence for him

Dave Q

Coach
Have you been drinking dave?

Im like Quigs, I gave up drinking socially etc, in my case, many years ago.

If I drink now, I begin to feel sick.

Once you dont consider it as a social option and dont have grog around the house, then it doesnt mean much.

I dont have any problems with a drinking culture or people who drink, but I do have problems with the crime, danger and stupidity that accompanies it.

Every time theres a serious allegation like this one, it helps the critics of the game. Lots of people get tarnished with the same brush by our common enemies.

And for all its faults and failings, rugby league is a truly wonderful sport and I dont like to see it glassed.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
i think there is a strong possibility in that

hence - it doesnt act as a defence for him

It is remote, despite earlier info suggesting that.

provocation is used as a defense.

Women have gotten off murder charges because of verbal abuse & provocation from their husbands.

Im like Quigs, I gave up drinking socially etc, in my case, many years ago.

If I drink now, I begin to feel sick.

Once you dont consider it as a social option and dont have grog around the house, then it doesnt mean much.

I dont have any problems with a drinking culture or people who drink, but I do have problems with the crime, danger and stupidity that accompanies it.

Every time theres a serious allegation like this one, it helps the critics of the game. Lots of people get tarnished with the same brush by our common enemies.

And for all its faults and failings, rugby league is a truly wonderful sport and I dont like to see it glassed.

No worries Dave, I just noticed you had double posted so thought maybe it was the grog

Status
Not open for further replies.