What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have an open mind that there is very remote possibility that Bird snapped & did it after prolonged provocation.

How is your little gullible club going that have made there mind up on media "facts"

Most judges or magistrates would instantly dismiss such a defence. Polonged provocation by a waif like looking woman of a 100kg footballer. Sounds unlikely. Self defence. A man who can handle some for the biggest hardest forwards in the NRL?

She is a law student maybe he felt threatened by her intelligence.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I dont have any problems with a drinking culture or people who drink, but I do have problems with the crime, danger and stupidity that accompanies it.
As opposed to prohibition, where the above is far more prevalent. But you would support that hey Dave?

azzah72

Bench
The lawyer came out and said that katie "has expressed some disappointment in the number of inaccuracies contained in much of the media coverage of the incident".

So....

the way i see it.

Bird f**ked up, katie got hurt, Bird called manager, manager called katies lawyer, both agreed not to tarnish Birds name, Bird keeps his mouth shut and hides except denying the accusations, lawyer and manager are business partners, plea bargain or a deal done under that table, Bird will play for us next year.

I reckon bird did it but for all we know he threw a glass at a wall and it flew back at her or he's a bad aimer and was meant to hit a wall or something, we have no idea what really happened and no body will except them two, the ball is in katies court, i reckon it is up to her wether she'll just take cash or plead against him if anything did happen.

I predict we'll see him playing next year.

Last edited:

ollie515

Juniors
Most worrying/concerning/encouraging (depending on your viewpoint) surely is this..

This is the website for Gavin Orr's company Pacific Sports management..
http://www.pacificsportsmanagement.com
Go to the partners page.. (http://www.pacificsportsmanagement.com/partners.php)
Here you will find Ryan & Bosscher Lawyers..
http://www.ryanbosscher.com.au
Now Lawyers, Gold Coast.. Oh Look Campbell McCallum.. Katie Milligans friggin lawyer..
http://www.ryanbosscher.com.au/index.php?snapcms/displayTemplate&t=editable/Campbell_MacCallum&_form_id=0d8e1e16

Bird -> Orr -> Pacific Sports -> Ryan and Bosscher -> Campbell MacCallum -> Katie Milligan ("There are innacuracies")

Hmmm

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
why is that worrying? Do you think she doesn't know who he is ? That he is a Bird camp infiltrator?
She has had her own legal advice provided . She has her parents with her right now.
She is not a dummy one would presume, considering her degree of choice.
She has chosen them for a particular reason & can change them at any time.

SharkShocked

Bench
Azzah

Whilst i think Bird will get off the charges due to her dropping them or circumstantial evidence...

I don't think he will be playing for us next year, he's definitely in hot water with the club in regards to the way he has handled the reporting of the situation to the club.

Along with other unreported incidents.

My view only.

ollie515

Juniors
why is that worrying? Do you think she doesn't know who he is ? That he is a Bird camp infiltrator?
She has had her own legal advice provided . She has her parents with her right now.
She is not a dummy one would presume, considering her degree of choice.
She has chosen them for a particular reason & can change them at any time.

I dont think it looks bad for her at all. On the contrary I think it looks terrible for Bird.

IF it was all an accident and she says so what will the prosecutors say to her on the stand??
"Miss Milligan is it not true that your defence attourney has a direct relationship with the accused? Miss Milligan is it not plausible your testimony has been compromised"

"Your honor permission to treat the witness as hostile.."

It provides the prosecution to put doubt into her statement IF it is favourable to his cause.. If her testimony can be put into doubt then the circumstantial evidence bears more weight..

Inferno

Coach
I've been out all day and would rather not go trolling back through the last 10 pages or so to catch up, any chance someone could summarise any of the latest developments, if there are any?

ollie515

Juniors
I've been out all day and would rather not go trolling back through the last 10 pages or so to catch up, any chance someone could summarise any of the latest developments, if there are any?

PKF is staying with the Sharks
Katie Milligan out of hospital and released a statement saying there are innacuracies in the reports in the media while pleading for privacy
Her Lawyer has a direct connection to Pacific Sports Management (Gavin Orr)

Alan Shore

First Grade
If Milligan makes a statement saying it was an accident or that Bird didn't do it, then it will be highly unlikely that the police would take it all the way to the court hearing at October's end - unless they're really keen to nail a superstar footballer, which they may well be. But then Milligan does not have to testify; so then the defence lawyer simply stands up and points out that Milligan wants no part of it and hence there is reasonable doubt.

spider

Coach
If Milligan makes a statement saying it was an accident or that Bird didn't do it, then it will be highly unlikely that the police would take it all the way to the court hearing at October's end - unless they're really keen to nail a superstar footballer, which they may well be. But then Milligan does not have to testify; so then the defence lawyer simply stands up and points out that Milligan wants no part of it and hence there is reasonable doubt.
i doubt that Lt. Daniel Kaffee (if he changed sides) could prosecute with that evidence

...johny cochrane though

Status
Not open for further replies.