What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJDL

First Grade
Will we ever know the truth in this? Katie indicates "the truth will come out", and I hope it does.
I honestly hope is has all been a media blow-up, but one of several things which troubles me is if it was not as serious as has been made out, why did her father fly out to be with her?

The only conclusion I can come up with, other than her having received shocking injuries, is that she needed someone with her to help her with the media frenzy which was going on.

Fairly long bow.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
because she was here by herself & in hospital.
Hopefully it will all come out & the accident is explained in full.
But I am with Carina on this one now.
If anything is released to the media make sure they pay through the teeth for it.

carcharias

Immortal
If anything is released to the media make sure they pay through the teeth for it.
she is a seppo.
That is part of life to them.

Paris gets appearence money to go to party's.
wtf!

coolumsharkie

Referee
So why the f**k is Greg Bird not playing semi final football? Guilty or not, no one will ever know the truth. Lets get on with it.

cheese

Bench
People see the phone call to his mate as the nail in the coffin that proves guilt

I see the opposite

Unless your totally f*cked in the head, O.J Simpson stylez, you're not going to get your best mate to take the wrap for a serious domestic violence incident. But when everything you have is on the line, you might panic and ask your mate to claim some involvement in an "innocent" accident where the injuries look much more sinister than what actually took place

Regardless though, it was a f**k up on his part.

Ftr, if he DID intentionally smash a glass in her face and then try and lay it on his mate, he's a low dog merkin. I just can't see anyone being dumb enough to do it though ...even a footy player

Innocent accident? Didn't she have a fractured eye socket?

The way I see it, he has either smashed the glass in her face or thrown it at her. Either way, he is still a merkin for doing it. Trying to get his mate to take the blame just makes him a low-life merkin.

cheese

Bench
Maybe she fell on the glass?? who the f**k knows

The dad is obviously happy with the version of events, so that says plenty. There's no way the father of a "beaten" daughter would be happy with the explanation if there was any doubt.

"Sorry sir, your daughter was being an annoying s**tbag, so I smashed an inch thick stein glass in her eye socket"

"We've all been there ...welcome to the family Greg"

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Innocent accident? Didn't she have a fractured eye socket?

The way I see it, he has either smashed the glass in her face or thrown it at her. Either way, he is still a merkin for doing it. Trying to get his mate to take the blame just makes him a low-life merkin.
wouldnt it be a lot more swollen?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
This is a message for my man Birdy.

As it was an accident we don't have to claim on your insurance, so think of the money you've saved. Who knows what you could be able to afford now? Ring any "bells", Birdy? Wouldn't a nice long honeymoon be better than a stint in jail?

Love you Birdy.
In france?

spider

Coach
bird will never wear a sharks jumper again - regardless of the outcome

in that alone and the backing the coach has put into him publicly, imo it just proves the facts will never come out in light of the victims statements to media

SharkShocked

Bench
I agree Spider, i don't think he will wear a sharks jumper again regardless of the outcome.

But if he were to be found innocent, what is the club going to sack him on, you'd have to imagine they will need to have solid grounds for sacking him, otherwise he would have a legal option to sue the club.

I imagine lying to the club in the initial stages would be enough to sack him i guess?

coolumsharkie

Referee
bird will never wear a sharks jumper again - regardless of the outcome

in that alone and the backing the coach has put into him publicly, imo it just proves the facts will never come out in light of the victims statements to media

What makes you so sure?

millersnose

Post Whore
lol

wonder what happens here

will there be a reinstate bird campaign on the forum

guys threatening never to go to a game again unless bird gets his jersey back

this will be a real treat for the sharks

to quote gregos

"the best thing would be for bird to fess up"

he was right.....but bird didnt

Special K

Coach
lets call it a hunch cools

i have been wrong before though, and its only my opinion remember
Your hunches are normally based on something but :lol:

I have a hunch he will be back playing next year. He is a extremely popular member of the team, an international(not that he will ever play that level again), sticky seems to love him, gallens best friend. Sponsors have not pulled out and if they make a decision in the off season to keep him then they have enough time to find new sponsors before major $$ damage. I think the club will be looking to keep the players and sticky happy rather then a sponsor if Bird is "proved" not guilty. Plus he has 3 years to run on his deal so what would they release him under if Katie says he did nothing wrong. They could fine him for this fuss it has caused to save some money but I don't even think they will do that.

The club can send Bird to every hospital to see the sick kiddies, "ban" him from the drink for a couple of months, have him talk to the u/20s around the country about the pressure of the media etc.

By the time March swings around he will just be seen in the media as another guy who f**ked up in the past. Like a Hoppa for example. The difference is if Bird comes back I highly doubt he would ever sneeze let alone get into another big incident. I don't think you could call this a wake up call its to big!

spider

Coach
Sponsors have not pulled out and if they make a decision in the off season to keep him then they have enough time to find new sponsors before major $$ damage. I think the club will be looking to keep the players and sticky happy rather then a sponsor if Bird is "proved" not guilty.
its got to be a business decision on behalf of the club - not on birds popularity within the team or organisation

and i cant see the "not guilty" factor weighing in for two reasons

her statement will aquitt him - and imo, aquittal does not constitute innocense, so there is that tarnished glare hanging over the club

and secondly, if it does go to court, then the police must have one hell of a case based on circunstantial evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.