What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spider

Coach
If she comes out & says there was no attack. if she comes out & says it was an accident. If he comes out & says there was no attack. If he says it was an accident.
none of those points have been stated as yet
The result is clear.
no - and this is why the domestic violence laws changed

to stop the victim protecting the attacker

her scars are enough to prove something happened and no truth followed first up after he event

There was no attack. There was an accident. no matter what the police, the media & the public want to charge him with.
He is innocent of the charges & the charges were dropped.
again, it is up to the evidence the prosecution have as to whether they proceed with the charge regardless of what either bird or katie claim occurred

they can claim ghosts did it - but the prosecution decide if they go to court

millersnose

Post Whore
in fact reefy the police have been able to win cases in such circumstances

and her continued refusal to provide police with a statement points to a strong police case

carcharias

Immortal
If her father is sweet with it...then so am I.
No self respecting father would let his daughter go near a bloke who belts her.

spider

Coach
i wouldn't believe much the papers have reported

they have been given nothing

the same artcicles re-written over and over

millersnose

Post Whore
yeah carc

that interview and statement provided by her father confirming he is sweet with everything was a real clincher......

lol

Dave Q

Coach
The cops may well call in an expert to say that her injuries could not possibly have been caused by herself or in the circumstances she has claimed in her statement (when or if she makes one).

90% of the time the villians think they are being clever, but the cops can be very smart and they have massive resources and good legal minds.

The physical evidence alone will reveal quite a bit of what happened.

The call to the mate was especially dumb. He should be charged with stupidity on that act alone.

And no doubt the cops have or are tapping his phones or have placed wires.... waiting for an admission. They are probably tapping her too.

They do it all the time.

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
no - and this is why the domestic violence laws changed
I asked a person about the change of laws the other day. They said there has been no change to laws. The safety net has been in for decades to protect people in domestic violence cases. That safety net is there to protect the individual from retribution from the accused. It is not there to assist prosecution in the hunting of Greg Birds.
If the prosecution feels that the "alleged victim" is not co-operating due to threats or fear, they will continue regardless of the statements & will sometimes win.
This will not happen in this case.
it was an accident.

[/QUOTE]

spider

Coach
That safety net is there to protect the individual from retribution from the accused. It is not there to assist prosecution in the hunting of Greg Birds.
imo - that is a contradiction

they protect the victim by prosecuting the defendant

Dave Q

Coach
geez - thats not politically correct

lucky blokes though

You may laugh and scoff at my ignorance spides, which I cant blame you for, but this time I'm for real.

The investigating police apply for warrants.. unbeknownst to the accused..and if succesful, they plant listening devices and tap telephones.

They can tender the tapes and a transcript as evidence during the hearing and if there is an admission from either the girl or birds, theres a mighty big problem for the accused.

Investigations are often on-going and secretive.

The cops are not as dumb as they look.

spider

Coach
You may laugh and scoff at my ignorance spides, which I cant blame you for, but this time I'm for real.
dave - i did nothing of the sort

i found your post amusing in the sense of the typo - to which i do plenty

and no, i wasn't having a go at you, i just thought it funny

snippet of dave's post said:
They are probably tapping her too.

Dave Q

Coach
I suppose it was a grim post that was brightened up with a spides joke, so no flies on anyone.

If it was an accident, the best thing to do is to tell the cops by way of a statement asap.

Thats what the legal advice would most likely have been if that is what occurred.

In the UK if you dont make a statement, guilt may be inferred. But as I understand it, not here (not yet anyways).

millersnose

Post Whore
i am not 'totally convinced he glassed her in the face" carc

thats probably one of your mates

i am convinced he assaulted her in some way that has seen her hospitalised for days

Status
Not open for further replies.