What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
you asked - "but can somebody tell me when Bird told the police that Watson did it?"

do you think the following court statement is a fabrication?

this would have been the officers involved giving evidence in court

they are stating that 'bird and milligan' told them this on initial reports

yes i believe it is.
why cant there just a be a clean , straight up statement saying "Greg Bird, in solidarity, told police that watson attacked his girlfriend with a glass"
That is the alegation, so where is the unambiguous statement & report?

spider

Coach
yes i believe it is.
so if you believe that is a fabrication - and it being a statement in court which was given by police, do you think the police are telling lies?

why cant there just a be a clean , straight up statement saying "Greg Bird, in solidarity, told police that watson attacked his girlfriend with a glass"
because he [watson] was on the golf course

watson had to give a statement to police to absolve himself from birds original claim

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
so if you believe that is a fabrication - and it being a statement in court which was given by police, do you think the police are telling lies?
No, I think the line has been blurred as to who said what. Thee is no comment or statement where bird is mentioned without Milligan also being included.

watson had to give a statement to police to absolve himself from birds original claim
Where has that claim been reported where milligans name is not involved with making the statement?

spider

Coach
No, I think the line has been blurred as to who said what.
i see your train of thought, but i cant see a newspaper blurring a statement made in court

reefy said:
Thee is no comment or statement where bird is mentioned without Milligan also being included.

yes - here

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24237719-5001021,00.html

CRONULLA star Greg Bird telephoned a friend and asked him how he felt about taking the blame for him, after he allegedly glassed his girlfriend in the face during an argument.

i dont think he would have had his mobile on speaker phone when calling watson

Where has that claim been reported where milligans name is not involved with making the statement?
as above

unless you can find another one

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
from your links spider
"allegedly told police his flat mate and friend of a decade, Brent Watson, was to blame for the assault on his girlfriend Kathryn Milligan."

he "allegedly told" police or he "told" police. Why is that reported ambiguously? Do police now have to prove he said that?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
This is the clincher that will see Bird exhonerated of all charges & show the media to be total fabricators.

"Bird's lawyer Les Nicholls challenged the police facts, saying their informant was not in court and the alleged victim had yet to give a statement.

"The facts that are before Your Honour are circumstantial," Mr Nicholls said.

He told the court he was twice refused access to the hand-written notes of police who attended the alleged incident

spider

Coach
also from the same link, where they use allegedly a few more times

but i find it more daming the parts that they dont use it, considering it was from a statement of facts

According to a statement of facts, Bird allegedly sent a text message to Watson while he was being interviewed, telling him: "My manager is helping us sort this s*** out".

The court was told Watson had left the Cronulla unit to attend a golf competition at Bankstown early on Sunday morning where he received a frantic phone call from Bird asking for his help.

"Something has happened to Katie. it was an accident," Bird said in the phone call.

"There is blood everywhere in the unit. We have told police it's you. How do you feel about that?"
and watson had given his statement to police - i wonder if he kept the phone messages???

Bird's lawyer Les Nicholls challenged the police facts, saying their informant was not in court and the alleged victim had yet to give a statement.

that one would be an inference to the witness - the neighbour, who overheard him say 'dont be a f**king idiot'

This is the clincher that will see Bird exhonerated of all charges & show the media to be total fabricators.
for birds sake i hope his legal team dont base his case on a media report

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
i would say the witness will be somebody not yet mentioned, who is the only person who heard the milligan/bird fusion statements. Not the neighbour & not watson & certainly not the police.

Inferno

Coach
Suppose he doesn't get charged or is found innocent, and the Sharks still sack him, I wonder where that leaves the NRL as far as de registering him.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
for birds sake i hope his legal team dont base his case on a media report

its not the media report that is the clincher.
As Bird did the wrong thing by ringing a friend, the police(prosecutors) have done the wrong thing by withholding information.

troy

Juniors
Spider i think that if he is aquited he'll stay...... Just my gut feeling.....

Maybe reefy could blame Noddy :lol:

spider

Coach
i would say the witness will be somebody not yet mentioned, who is the only person who heard the milligan/bird fusion statements. Not the neighbour & not watson & certainly not the police.
we all have our theories, i know

but as i have stated, the case wont be a shadow in resect of what the media actually know as opposed to what the police know

i kept asking myself - 'did he harm her', and i cant get any other answer than yes he did

there may well be a case of accident, or self defence in some view, as i dont believe greg bird deliberately glassed katie milligan

but i do believe he harmed her in some form which was extremely malicious, and which resulted in her spending days in hopital

im not a believer he could use the self defence view and i certainly dont believe a course of action warrants the harm such as she suffered, unless she had a gun to his head

spider

Coach
its not the media report that is the clincher.
As Bird did the wrong thing by ringing a friend, the police(prosecutors) have done the wrong thing by withholding information.
im far from a legal eagle, but i would think birds legal team would obtain access to the info they wish for, as per the legal process

if it had to be presented to the defence in court - im sure the judge would not turn a blind eye (no pun intended)

Surely

Post Whore
I find it hard a woman would say she is standing by her man and loves him if he had maliciously attacked her with a glass.

It's not like they have been together for years and is conditioned to abuse like watmoughs ex allegedy was.

Generalzod

Immortal
I find it hard a woman would say she is standing by her man and loves him if he had maliciously attacked her with a glass.

It's not like they have been together for years and is conditioned to abuse like watmoughs ex allegedy was.

Years ago I caught a conversation on the radio about men abusing there patners, the announcer suggested for her to leave the relationship...I kid you not but her reply was "I couldn't leave him I love him so much"..f**king Crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.