What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese

Bench
It's alot like kimmorley and miller's relationship.

Kimmorley slaps him 'round silly every weekend with shyt kicks and monotonous inside balls.

Brave millzy still fronts up every monday with a warped take on what just happened, justifying his bruising lover's actions

coolumsharkie

Referee

Kimmorley slaps him 'round silly every weekend with shyt kicks and monotonous inside balls.

Brave millzy still fronts up every monday with a warped take on what just happened, justifying his bruising lover's actions

:lol: :lol:

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I've mentioned it earlier in this thread but I reckon Bird will cop a further charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice. Interestingly there was some mention of the police paying a visit over the weekend to serve some paperwork on him. This may well be related. If there is evidence another person is involved then we have a conspiracy.

millersnose

Post Whore

lol yeah

happened this week again

he could only manage another man of the match performance

and it was dissappointing last year as well when his last game was in the state of origin

dannyboy

Juniors

So you're the drummer. ;-)

carcharias

Immortal
kachink
just clocking on for the morning shift.

Geeze you blokes had a big night.

Spidie said this.

there may well be a case of accident, or self defence in some view, as i dont believe greg bird deliberately glassed katie milligan

Now if it was a lovers tiff ( which is what I belive it started as) and either he threw a glass at a wall and some of it got her.
or
She lashed out at him and he has knocked her over while she had the glass in her hand.
That wouldn't take much.

Does he need to lose his whole career over a 2 second mistake?

I dunno what to make of the dobbing on his mate...I can only assume he is a dog for doing it.
I would lie to the cops for a mate but never blame one for something I did.

Also the bit where the neighbours supposedlly heard her say why did you do this to me...and he said I didn't do it....and stop being a f**king idiot ( or whatever it was)
That to me says it was more likely an accident .

If he did smash her in the head with a glass why would he say he didn't to her.
Maybe I am wrong but this is only what people said they heard.

So am I to assume there was nobody with them when this conversation happened?

or was he saying that just in case there were people listening?

spider

Coach
in lieu of millignas statements (where she was dispponited at some inaccuracies reported), could there be a possibility of the charge being down graded???

to what i dont know - but i do know GBH is a bad charge if convicted

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
he will be exhonerated of all charges. The only one that may contineu is the one where there was an unreliable witness from a year ago at a nightclub in front of hundreds.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well they can't really say, "nah, we're giving up, we got nothing" can they.

But they should.

Nice piece of journalism & fabrication though to go with the new photo.

Omnishark2

Juniors
he will be exhonerated of all charges. The only one that may contineu is the one where there was an unreliable witness from a year ago at a nightclub in front of hundreds.
How can you be so sure Reefy ?

The prosecution will have :
- Watson's evidence (backed by SMS & call records)
- Neighbours' evidence
- Evidence gathered by the police throughout the Sunday
- Medical expert opinion on the physical injury

The defence will have :
- Bird's evidence
- Milligan's evidence

Which set of evidence will be considered more reliable (particularly when you look at each person's motivation for their actions) ?

Maybe the finding will be not proven beyond all doubt.

But either way Bird is finished at the Sharks.

At the very least, lying to the club on such a serious issue, getting the club to go out on a limb for you & then having to retract, is unacceptable. There are club & community standards to uphold, and that means Bird is gone. No player is bigger than the club.

I stated earlier that I wasn't going to make any comments about Bird until we hear ALL the evidence not just what some journo or neighbour or forummer thinks he/she knows.

Two things really stick out like the dogs proverbials for me:

1/ All the bush lawyers on here thinking they know what happened. No-one on here does unless you've been talking to Bird or Milligan or their respective solicitors. This I highly doubt and even if one of them did speak to you I would suggest that there is no way in hell that you'd be told the complete truth.

2/ The f*cken double standards. Watmough has an AVO slapped on him and comments made by the presiding Magistrate seem to indicate to me that a. she told the truth and b. he told porkies. She was abused/assaulted on more than one occasion over a period of time. Now Bird's alleged attack on Milligan is quite serious, if proven, however for Watmough to subject his ex to years of mistreatment is not far behind. When you think of the non-visible damage done to her it certainly ups the ante. Yes, Milligan will have some non-visible scars too but from my experience (I do actually have some) or will she. Again we don't know as nothing has been proven. It is ALL alleged at this point in time. Unlike Watmough it's been through the courts and decided.

And I'll say it again - if Bird did what he is accused of AND is found guilty then he wll go to gaol. There is no place n our club, the NRL or the community for this type of attack, but people do deserve a 2nd chance in life.

Do we throw the Greg Bird's on the rubbish pile or place him in the too hard bin? I for one don't think so. I am not a social worker and such warm and fuzzy thinker/doer but I've seen enough in life to recognise that a. we all make mistakes just that some people make bigger ones than others and b. we should try and help others.

Old Jack Gibson didn't give up so easy on players or community members. Some older forummers on here will remember Michael Wicks. There was an article in the daily tele just after Jack died. Can't link cause my son's at work. Daily Tele 14 May 2008.

I'm not saying he's innocent. I'm not saying he's guilty. Let the courts decide.

This is Australia where we either chop down the tall poppy or we can give the bloke a fair go.

My rant and feel free to blaze away.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
How can you be so sure Reefy ?

The prosecution will have :
- Watson's evidence (backed by SMS & call records)
- Neighbours' evidence
- Evidence gathered by the police throughout the Sunday
- Medical expert opinion on the physical injury
circumstantial & nothing that will incriminate him.

The defence will have :
- Bird's evidence
- Milligan's evidence
The only evidence that matters.
Which set of evidence will be considered more reliable (particularly when you look at each person's motivation for their actions) ?
The only evidence that matters. Bird charges will dropped becaue it was an accident. People do not go to court to prove accidents.
Maybe the finding will be not proven beyond all doubt.
there will be no finding. There will be no charges. it was an accidennt.

But either way Bird is finished at the Sharks.

At the very least, lying to the club on such a serious issue, getting the club to go out on a limb for you & then having to retract, is unacceptable. There are club & community standards to uphold, and that means Bird is gone. No player is bigger than the club.

You have missed something very important this week. While I did believe initially Bird was finished at the club, lots of other things have come to light. Word last week was that Bird has snapped & attacked Milligan. That will turn out to be completely false.
Other things include;
that Sticky was at the hospital before Zapps spoke to Bird.
Was Bird acting under instruction?
Did bird ever accuse anybody else of an "attack"?
has there been any repercussions for anybody else involved with the club because of a management issue?
How easy/hard is it for management at the Sharks to communicate with players?
What exactly was Zapps told & by who?
Is Zapps & sticky angry at Bird or somebody else?

The reality is very different from what the papers have fabricated.

Last edited:

cheese

Bench
Just heard on 2GB they're currently painting over birds image on the advertisement trailer at taren point.

Status
Not open for further replies.