What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spider

Coach
reefy said:
gunna said:
He will not paly again this season and my conclusion is he will be sacked.

Time to put a figure on Birds payout for when he is cleared of all charges. How much will it cost the Sharks?
he will need to escape conviction of 'both' alleged incidents for that to be the case, and provided the club's actions contrevene his contract

not much has been reported on the other incident, other than it being at a nightclub

couldn't imagine there would be a lack of witnesses in that one

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Genuine question reefy (not meant confrontationally).
Why would it be typical of the Sharks? Have they actually had to continue paying a player at another club? Who?
Typical in the fact that now the club is in a position to "harden the f**k up" & not bend over & get reamed. Instead of consolidating a position of strength, the club has always folded & weakened.
WE have been reamed by officials, owners, councils, players, governments & the media time & time again.

HTFU!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
he will need to escape conviction of 'both' alleged incidents for that to be the case, and provided the club's actions contrevene his contract
Not true.
The club has let him play on despite the allegation hanging over his head. For them to be able to sack him now, they needed to stand him down until police investigations had cleared him. That is my understandings of how the "sacking" process works.
if they let him play on, no warnings to his management, no then the club has already demonstrated contractual obligations.
The big thing that will hurt is that the Sharks signed the new upgraded contract until the year 2012 after knowing of that incident.
not much has been reported on the other incident, other than it being at a nightclub

couldn't imagine there would be a lack of witnesses in that one

I would say heaps of witnesses that will also force the charge to be dropped. The sheila that was caught in the 3 oclock headlock though, will have here 15 minutes.

shintaro

Juniors
I posted on here last Tuesday that she didn't have a fractured eye socket. Today's Telegraph finally states that she doesn't have one after 10 days of saying she did, not "might have" or "maybe". No apology for incorrect reporting etc, etc, etc..... You have to wonder if the press wields the most power in this town when it chooses to. The cops are going to come out of this looking really really stupid, along with every one else.

I am going to put $100 on Cronulla to win the Premiership, cause if this debacle doesn't inspire a situation nothing will.

spider

Coach
Not true.
The club has let him play on despite the allegation hanging over his head. For them to be able to sack him now, they needed to stand him down until police investigations had cleared him. That is my understandings of how the "sacking" process works.
was the club aware of the first alleged incident though?

I would say heaps of witnesses that will also force the charge to be dropped.
im suprised it was pursued if there are so many witnesses to the event that will force the alleged incident to be dropped

spider

Coach
I posted on here last Tuesday that she didn't have a fractured eye socket. Today's Telegraph finally states that she doesn't have one after 10 days of saying she did,
bully for you - but again i say, i hope his legal defence is not based on media reports

You have to wonder if the press wields the most power in this town when it chooses to. The cops are going to come out of this looking really really stupid, along with every one else.
the press get nothing from police - so its an individuals interpretation that weilds the power

anyone who seriously takes all their info, because they drop 'alleged' in each accusation, is seriously deluded

just maybe they were given the wrong info - because i cant see a journo getting into the hopsital to examine katie

I am going to put $100 on Cronulla to win the Premiership, cause if this debacle doesn't inspire a situation nothing will.
i hope it gets up

shintaro

Juniors
your missing the point. The press cover themselves when necessary by saying alleged glassing ,to name one example. But there was no "suspected " or "possible" in reference the injuries, they were stated as fact. They shape the story whichever way suits them without regard to the implications of those stories. Australia never used to be like this.

spider

Coach
shint said:
But there was no "suspected " or "possible" in reference the injuries, they were stated as fact.
thats what i mean - who informed the media of the injuries?

did the media speak with ambulance officers who transferred her from sutho hospital?

did they speak with doctors who treated her?

i certainly dont know, and i would think the lawyers of the media organisations would not allow them to predetermine their [media] own medical assessment of the victims injuries

shintaro

Juniors
They right whatever they like and people form an opinion on it over a few days of being fed fabrications. later it's shown not to be the case but it's too late. First impressions.

I doubt the hospital would be ringing the paper to say that's incorrect.

Last edited:

spider

Coach
Exactly. they right whatever they like and people form an opinion on it over a few days of being fed fabrications. later it's shown not to be the case but it's too late. First impressions.
to the public, yes i agree

to the judge, no i dont agree

the judge will base his decision on the facts of the case, not what he reads from chest beating journo's,

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
to the public, yes i agree
so you agree that the Sharks have based their predicted sacking of Bird on fabricated media reports?

to the judge, no i dont agree
a judge will not be required for these issues.
the judge will base his decision on the facts of the case, not what he reads from chest beating journo's,

Read above.
This entire incident will trial by media. he will be exonerated of all charges & still sacked.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The Sharks will sack Bird. Of that there is no question, albeit speculation.

Do you agree with Shintaro then if he is sacked & he is exonerated?

Status
Not open for further replies.