What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
and i doubt the media legal team would allow it to print if thought to be incorrect at time of writing

you are kidding right?

if it bleeds it leads is the No.1 rule of media.
close is enough is good enough is the 2nd.
Any mistakes can be paid for through a print apology on page 92 near the obituaries.

Omnishark2

Juniors
spider said:
the same katie they refuses to give a statement to police, which if bird is so innocent of this wrong doing, why does she not exonerate him now and save the love of her life the legal costs and the personal trauma
Excellent point Spider ... only one possible answer to that I'm afraid

spider said:
maybe my morals are different to some, but i hope i never see him in our jersey again
I fully agree

blacktip-reefy said:
when the charges are dropped & he is fully cleared, I will be expecting that the Sharks do the right thing & re-instate him immediately. Anything else, is unlawful.
Todd Carney's contract was terminated & he was de-registered by the NRL for a far less serious incident ... for which he was never charged.
Was that unlawful ?

spider

Coach
if it bleeds it leads is the No.1 rule of media.
close is enough is good enough is the 2nd.
is there a media rule book or something so i can look at these rules?

i would be fascinated to read the rest

Any mistakes can be paid for through a print apology on page 92 near the obituaries.
are you an editor reefy?

has an apology been put to print yet for this awful mistake in journalism which has digressed from the injuries sustained to the victim

Brookie

Juniors
bird is a grub.

but i think the lad may need help?
help with grog problems, anger management too.

i think they should also go on suicide watch for him, it will be hard to take all this in.

especially seeing she still loves him and won't testify against him.

imagine looking at her everyday knowing you * allegedly *'did that' to her.
knowing that she * allegedly *covered it all up for love.....

as they say: love is blind, maybe she takes it literally?

Last edited by a moderator:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
E

Todd Carney's contract was terminated & he was de-registered by the NRL for a far less serious incident ... for which he was never charged.
Was that unlawful ?

No & yes.
Lets get some facts straight first. CArney was charged & convicted for a driving offence.

He was on a disciplinary probation with warnings attached to his new contract that included no alcohol.
The raiders covered themselves & acted legally.

The NRL in my opinion acted illegally & as pointed out to me by an official, need nothing more than to strike a pen through who they want & who they dont want.
In laymans terms they are refferred to as the door biatch of the NRL. Wrong clothes on & your not coming in.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
is there a media rule book or something so i can look at these rules?

i would be fascinated to read the rest
Its an interesting read. hard to get a hold of the book especially if you have not been in the industry.
No. Them & news producers are scum bags.

has an apology been put to print yet for this awful mistake in journalism which has digressed from the injuries sustained to the victim
Is it unlawful? They used the word alleged enough times I think. They should be right with an apology in a few months time.

shintaro

Juniors
As I see it ATM, With Milligan using Bird's Manager's solicitor.....
There's been little comment from any one. (Bird / Milligan)
There's been photo's sold to the paper.
Ther's a deal in the wings or possibly secured with T.V.
There will no doubt be a magazine story (pure speculation on this one but I'm willing to put money on it).

Looks to me like Birdie's management / solicitors are in charge now.

spider

Coach
As I see it ATM, With Milligan using Bird's Manager's solicitor.....
There's been little comment from any one. (Bird / Milligan)
that's adhering to their legal advice - standard practise

There's been photo's sold to the paper.
not by either bird or milligan though

Ther's a deal in the wings or possibly secured with T.V.
is that specualtion?

There will no doubt be a magazine story (pure speculation on this one but I'm willing to put money on it).
ill agree with that one - so they can show their love is stronger than it ever has been

more a preventative measure of damage control so he can go out in public again

Looks to me like Birdie's management / solicitors are in charge now.
lol, and so they should be - hence why we have seen no more attempts to blame it on the butler

Dave Q

Coach
My mate in the media says his colleagues refer to Bird as the "optometrist." ( If Ive spelt that correctly).

Pretty disrespectful isnt it?

millersnose

Post Whore
f**k they sound like pretty cool lawyers reefy

if they can pull a stunt like that they will be in huge demand

PJ

First Grade
So are the Sharks going to sack him if he is found innocent or charges don't proceed.

If I was Bird I would be hoping like hell the girlfriend gets her story out asap if it was all an accident so that at worst it is taken from over his head and at best he can get back onto the park this year for the finals.

cityshark

Juniors
It will be the Grand Final 'Story" . We sacrifice Birdy and we get to play Storm. Nice senario eh ? I can hear Ray now . The elite Storm vs the Tradesmen. The tradgedy of Greg Bird The resurection of Buster. The slowest winger in the comp in Covell. Rickys brilliant performance in coaching a bunch of nobodys. Nuts last game . Noddys last game at the Sharks. Etc etc .Jeez I could do his intro!!!!!!!!!

Brookie

Juniors
So are the Sharks going to sack him if he is found innocent or charges don't proceed.

If I was Bird I would be hoping like hell the girlfriend gets her story out asap if it was all an accident so that at worst it is taken from over his head and at best he can get back onto the park this year for the finals.

her story?

meaning what REALLY happened that morning?

or the i still love greg and won't testify against him STORY?

i know the sharks will struggle without him, but how could you want him in you team....

its obvious to average joe on the street, but biased sharks fans can't see it? i applaud spider, gregos & omnishark though

Squae

Juniors
So is there a difference between being found innocent, ande not having the evidence to confict???

At the end of the day surely they will go after him for trying to deceive the police about what happened

Brookie

Juniors
So is there a difference between being found innocent, ande not having the evidence to confict???

At the end of the day surely they will go after him for trying to deceive the police about what happened

thats it, and the cops have said they'll persue the GBH charge woith or without statement from katie....

to me that says they probably already have enough evidence to charge him. he did lie after all.

can someone pls answer, why would you lie and dob in someone who wasn't even there? especially if you're innocent.

this is the question sharks fans keep avoiding!

jc155776

Coach
What right does a manly supporter have to tell other clubs off about domestic violence??

Dirty coin chuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.