What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I would think he would be pretty optimistic. In the mean time its a bit unreasonable to think he is going to spend the next month continued to be hole up at home or in Maitland and be looking miserable all the time. You would go insane. Its been 3-4 weeks since the incident. Also, it is some good PR for him that he was invited to and seen in a SPONSORS box at the game.
I was not suggesting he maintain some sort of sabbatical seclusion mulling over the whys and what fors but I had expected it so good luck to him if he is genuinely feeling optimistic.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Mate, that is one of many scenarios that could have occurred and its not fair to paint the three Broncos as the bad guys just yet. I hardly think this girl was an innocent bystander.

What is to say that this girl didnt walk up to the three of them in the club and say 'how about you three boys come with me in the toilet and Ill give you the best blow jobs you've ever had'.

Thats more than likely exactly what happened, but the 3 of them SHOULD have thought to themselves "We are high profile football players, we represent our club, our state and our country on the field, this could end up going bad in any number of ways. AND we have the most important game of our season so far this weekend. I think we'll just give you our numbers and you can blow us in a month"
Yes they were drunk, no peeps don't think when they are drunk. But hell they are stoopid merkins for getting into that situation and should be punished.

samshark

Juniors
Thats more than likely exactly what happened, but the 3 of them SHOULD have thought to themselves "We are high profile football players, we represent our club, our state and our country on the field, this could end up going bad in any number of ways. AND we have the most important game of our season so far this weekend. I think we'll just give you our numbers and you can blow us in a month"
Yes they were drunk, no peeps don't think when they are drunk. But hell they are stoopid merkins for getting into that situation and should be punished.

Little head wins every time.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Exactly Sam.

Whether they are charged or not, I think they should be punished for making such a stupid choice, and for dragging their club, and the game through the mud.

Dave Q

Coach
Bird should be playing, no question.

But the side seems to be going along nicely without him. Its not like his loss has caused any major dramas thus far. Thats a credit to Ricky and the boys.

As far as the game is concerned this Bronco thing is pathetic. Whether they did anything wrong, Its getting harder to support the game when its featured sportsmen are so so stupid.

An ex-copper mate of mine told me on Sunday that from what he understood, he thought Bird was guilty as. Im not surprised. They think everyone is guilty even when they are found innocent!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
But hell they are stoopid merkins for getting into that situation and should be punished.

Punished for what? If they had have done it at their home they would still be in the same situation.
its doo gooders attitudes like yours that f*cks this world up.

Stop preaching on what is wrong & right. If you can let that go, you can see they have nothing wrong.

I think they are funny bastards.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Punished for what? If they had have done it at their home they would still be in the same situation.
its doo gooders attitudes like yours that f*cks this world up.

Stop preaching on what is wrong & right. If you can let that go, you can see they have nothing wrong.

I think they are funny bastards.

If she said she didn't want to be filmed its makes it wrong where ever they did it reefy.
If she wants to screw 3 guys at a time goodluck to her, but if she said she didn't want to be filmed and they continued to film her then they have just crossed the boundary of right and wrong.

t1tan

Juniors
Sam, I know they haven't been charged, but seriously man, 3 high profile football players go into a toilet with a girl with the intention of gang banging her, then they film it. Whether they are charged or not they have done something very wrong in the eyes of public opinion.
Mark Gasnier was stood down from Origin for leaving a voicemail on a chicks phone, these guys have trumped that 20 times over.

Alledged?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If she said she didn't want to be filmed its makes it wrong where ever they did it reefy.
If she wants to screw 3 guys at a time goodluck to her, but if she said she didn't want to be filmed and they continued to film her then they have just crossed the boundary of right and wrong.

actually no they haven't. Do you think Bird wanted to be filmed walking out of the court appearance?

DJShaksta

First Grade
They probably didnt understand her as she had her mouth full.

They have only broken the law if they distribute or spy.

She should have walked away. if she could.

Mouth full or not, if she said no, or tried to say no, then they have broken the law.
I agree she should have walked away if possible.

Irrespective of the law, they have created a $h!t storm for themselves, for their club and for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts