What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis avoids conviction over assault

kurt faulk

Coach
They do, man. Some arsehat copped a life ban from the NFL (in addition to a jail term) for dog fighting. Personally, I think hitting a woman is worse than dog fighting; YMMV.

that's michael vick and he was reinstated to the league one month after he finished his jail term.

and it wasn't just the dogfighting, he used to torture the dogs, the bad fighting ones anyway, to death.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Why is our game filled with such idiots for? I go out every bloody weekend and im sure many others here do as well, yet i never get in fights or glass people etc. I also have a girlfriend as im sure many others do here but i dont bash her and get myself arrested. Ive stayed at hotels before and gotten drunk but ive never taken a dump in a hotel corridor. Ive been in groups before where its been 5 guys and one girl but we haven't raped her.

So how come these players (who make up only a majority of society) seem to get in trouble for things us regular folk could just as easily get in trouble for but dont. Our game will always have great players and always have its followers no matter what. However our game cant survive without sponsorship and who is going to sponsor a sport that has so much bad publicity. The NRL needs to do something and i for one would support big suspensions (eg. a season) for players bringing the game into disrepute. Just my two cents and im sure some will disagree but to each there own.

Last edited:

Alex Krycek

Juniors
In relation to the "face of the game" discussion, someone raised a good point on MMM earlier tonight, why do we need a face of the game? Why should we put a player/players on pedestals?

Because effective marketing techniques lead to more money for the game, including dollars for the grassroots and the players themselves.

Why should such a marketing option be taken off the table?

Spot On

Coach
I think I get how this works. When he's on the field- particularly at Origin level- he's from NSW. But then he steps off the field, or does something nobody likes, and he's a Queenslander.

Na, I'm pretty sure Bowraville Greg is from NSW - it doesn't matter which way you sell it - Bowraville is in NSW and Greg is from Bowraville. End of story. Oh hang on, he plays for a team that is based in Melbourne and represents Queensland at Origin level. Gee, gets around does Bowraville Greg. Doesn't matter if Greg does good or something nobody likes he knows where he is from.

sallymay

Juniors
well for a start i do agree with standing him down for the rest of the year to teach him a lesson and i hope he doesnt go to jail and have a criminal conviction but i dont think storm should sack him as it is his first offence (i hope)

i doesnt help that the storm comedy day was full of alcohol and they had a day off today

sallymay

Juniors
i say bring in one of the other guys dane nielson brett anderson josh jerome matt duffie give them a chance to play i really doubt we were gonna win the final this year anyway give them a chance in first grade blood em now i say

Spot On

Coach
Why is our game filled with such idiots for? I go out every bloody weekend and im sure many others here do as well, yet i never get in fights or glass people etc. I also have a girlfriend as im sure many others do here but i dont bash her and get myself arrested. Ive stayed at hotels before and gotten drunk but ive never taken a dump in a hotel corridor. Ive been in groups before where its been 5 guys and one girl but we haven't raped her.

So how come these players (who make up only a majority of society) seem to get in trouble for things us regular folk could just as easily get in trouble for but dont. Our game will always have great players and always have its followers no matter what. However our game cant survive without sponsorship and who is going to sponsor a sport that has so much bad sponsorship. The NRL needs to do something and i for one would support big suspensions (eg. a season) for players bringing the game into disrepute. Just my two cents and im sure some will disagree but to each there own.

Well said. Why can't the players $$$$ be redistributed back to the NRL or club or wherever revenue has been lost due to sponsors pulling out BECAUSE they have been unwilling to associate their brand with the NRL due to that players indescretion?

bartman

Immortal
FFS.

Jesus Christ....I'm sick of these stories.

If he did do it...scrub him out of the game.

Jesus f**king Christ. I am so sick of this bullsh*t. I feel so sorry for David Gallop.

Only got through the first page of repsonses... but I agree with these two word for word.

I got sick of player behaviour incidents/stories/charges this time last year. How hard is it to f**king stay out of potential trouble? f**king dickheads... :?

sting

Bench

Jose93

Juniors
I love the Bill Harrigan idea for the face of the game. When he's the Video Referee it's as entertaining as the game can get.

If Inglis is found guilty he must be sacked and the NRL must make sure we never see him in the competition again. It's the only option. He can go and play Rugby Union or any game that will take him.

m0nty

Juniors
Funny how there were so many ready to stick up for players from Sydney clubs earlier in the year but now it's a Storm player from Queensland, it's all "off with his head".

skeepe

Immortal
Dear oh dear.

It's just one thing after another is it. Not really much else you can say apart from that at the moment, because we don't know the full details. But it doesn't sound good.

Oh and to the Manly fans moaning and bitching that the NRL should enforce a 4 game suspension, there's one glaring difference you've completely missed in your idiotic rambling: the NRL only acted because your club is weak as piss and wouldn't. Given that the Storm have taken immediate action, why would the NRL get involved? If Manly had enforced some form of sanction on Brett Stewart, the NRL would not have done anything.

Oh and for the face of the NRL, look no further than Alan Tongue.

Matt23

Staff member
Funny how there were so many ready to stick up for players from Sydney clubs earlier in the year but now it's a Storm player from Queensland, it's all "off with his head".
Nup wrong, for starters he's no actually from Queensland, it's off with his head, because it's one time too many, and it's time these morons were held accountable, without using the media "living in a goldfish bowl" as an excuse, being an NRL player in Melbourne he wouldn't get that much media attention.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Nup wrong, for starters he's no actually from Queensland, it's off with his head, because it's one time too many, and it's time these morons were held accountable, without using the media "living in a goldfish bowl" as an excuse, being an NRL player in Melbourne he wouldn't get that much media attention.

he will now

it's the only time League is reported down there

the opposite applies with AFL players in NSW and QLD