What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis avoids conviction over assault

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I also love how instead of coming out and bagging Inglis, the usual suspects have taken aim at Gallop... Inglis has allegedly assaulted someone, Gallop's dared to be a CEO of a national sporting body. Jokes aside, the ire is being misdirected by some IMO.

El Diablo

Post Whore

Spot On

Coach
Hey Brutus, forget Gallop and "News" for the moment, if the game had control over its destiny Newscorp free and the CEO was not a bloke called Gallop, call him Brutus for this point, what would you do?

kurt faulk

Coach
With the amount of money in the NFL there's good reason why they handle things very differently.

exactly.

nobody gives a sh*t what players do in their personal life.

the nfl is a money making machine.

some of the things that happen over there make things over here look like schoolyard stuff yet, just like here, their ratings are off the charts.

every corporation wants a piece of them.

every tv channel wants a piece of them.

you think they care about what the grunts do off the field?

Kiki

First Grade
I also love how instead of coming out and bagging Inglis, the usual suspects have taken aim at Gallop... Inglis has allegedly assaulted someone, Gallop's dared to be a CEO of a national sporting body. Jokes aside, the ire is being misdirected by some IMO.

totally agree.

Brutus

Referee
Hey Brutus, forget Gallop and "News" for the moment, if the game had control over its destiny Newscorp free and the CEO was not a bloke called Gallop, call him Brutus for this point, what would you do?

Sorry mate, the Gallop jibes are just too hard to resist, especially when people start to feel sorry for him :lol: He's doing just fine in real role of employment.

I'd do whatever Andrew Demetriou would do.

BWNB

First Grade
so, will he get the bird or latu treatment?

In three years time football (the real one) will be the main sport watched by australians.

Spot On

Coach
Sorry mate, the Gallop jibes are just too hard to resist, especially when people start to feel sorry for him :lol: He's doing just fine in real role of employment.

I'd do whatever Andrew Demetriou would do.

That's too good Brutus. Very good stuff. Exactly. Although I can't say I fell sorry for Gallop - my opinions re News and their puppet/s are similar - but I am over the sh*tty headlines.

Nightward

Juniors
Probably a fair call ... I don't know what we do as a code when it comes to looking at a 'face of the league'. With the nomination of Stewart and then Inglis, we looked to be heading toward the elite guys.

Simple solution; ditch the high-fliers. Rugby League prides itself on being a working man's game, so highlight the worksmanlike players, the ones who aren't flashy but do the hard yards. Nick Kenny springs to mind, and every club should have at least one decent bloke who's busting a gut to make the grade every week. I would point to Steve Price, but he's a reformed gambler (good on him for owning up and getting help) and the League really needs players without skeletons in their closet right now.

what other sport bans players for life for off the field discretions?
sh*t, if the nfl was like the nrl there would be hardly any players left to play the sport.

They do, man. Some arsehat copped a life ban from the NFL (in addition to a jail term) for dog fighting. Personally, I think hitting a woman is worse than dog fighting; YMMV.

doubtful, seems the Sharks are the only club to take such decisive action.

Uh, yeah. No. They only stood Bird down due to massive media scrutiny and/or public outcry. Until last year, the only club in the League walking the walk after talking the talk was the Broncos, but even they pissed their integrity down the drain in search of a winning edge.

Wow, the Queenslanders have really lost the plot!

I think I get how this works. When he's on the field- particularly at Origin level- he's from NSW. But then he steps off the field, or does something nobody likes, and he's a Queenslander.

Ah, logic. Gotta love it.

And if you want to play the misdemeanor angle, I'd remind you about the adage of glass houses and throwing stones. The majority of the scandals this year (and last, and before that) have come out of Sydney.

Come on. Women like men who are in control and confident. Mostly.

Ask inglis: is not slapping your women around just another way of many to display that to her?

Some NRL players = repulsive. Some don't.

The game will be ok, its the players skills we come to see, but gee, IF Inglis is done, I will think he's a moron. A skillful moron, but as if the former part is of any consolation. Life's bigger than footy on some levels. Footy IS NOT A PLACE TO HIDE in.

I dont care how much of hero someone is, how high they rise, or how rich and powerful they become. One should never forget his manners and etiquette, or cease to be a gentleman.

Hari Kari

Juniors
I think I get how this works. When he's on the field- particularly at Origin level- he's from NSW. But then he steps off the field, or does something nobody likes, and he's a Queenslander.

Ah, logic. Gotta love it.

And if you want to play the misdemeanor angle, I'd remind you about the adage of glass houses and throwing stones. The majority of the scandals this year (and last, and before that) have come out of Sydney.

Was a cleanskin till he got mixed up with the likes of those Nate Myles types.

Nightward

Juniors
Come on. Women like men who are in control and confident. Mostly.

Ask inglis: is not slapping your women around just another way of many to display that to her?

It took me a couple of reads to work out that you weren't advocating hitting women there, chief. Might want to tighten up the phrasing a bit.