What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis avoids conviction over assault

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Normally I don't agree with Brutus' ramblings about the AFL/NRL imbalance in reporting, but it's clear for all to see right now. It's a f**king atrocious double standard.

That said, f**k you Inglis. If you've done this I hope you never play in Australia again.

davohan123

Juniors
Normally I don't agree with Brutus' ramblings about the AFL/NRL imbalance in reporting, but it's clear for all to see right now. It's a f**king atrocious double standard.

That said, f**k you Inglis. If you've done this I hope you never play in Australia again.

Well here again we will see double standard rules applied. Goose Gallop rememeber at the beginning of the year " 4 weeks suspension to Brett Stewart" now what for GI and slap on the hand.

As i say Brett stewart and Brett semour given unfair treatment while GI and News limited will brush it under there skins

Minimun of 4 Weeks here oh sorry thats right this rule only applies to certain clubs and players:x

Dragon

Coach
MNF footy panel - Waldron says Inglis has been stood down by Melbourne indefinitely (until police investigation etc).

Gaba

First Grade
Inglis has been stood down http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=19175

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=19175#

Inglis stood down indefinitely

Monday, August 10, 2009
Melbourne Storm has tonight stood down Greg Inglis from all club activities pending a police investigation.

00003599-image.jpg

Inglis has been stood down by the Storm pending an investigation

Greg Inglis has been notified of the club’s decision.
The decision was made by the club’s board tonight after Greg Inglis was today charged by Victoria Police over a domestic incident that occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning.
As a result, Melbourne Storm CEO Brian Waldron said Greg Inglis, 22, would be stood down by the club for an indefinite period.
“The board has tonight made the decision to stand Greg Inglis down for an indefinite period,” Waldron said.
“The Melbourne Storm is vehemently opposed to any situation that in any way endangers the health, safety and wellbeing of any woman.
“The club has taken a strong stance in the past towards behaviour of this type and will continue to do so in the future.
“As such this decision is made in the best interests of all parties concerned.”

taxidriver

Coach
Jesus f**king Christ. I am so sick of this bullsh*t. I feel so sorry for David Gallop.

i don't, his lack of leadership is a major contributor to the large number of dramas

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
People coming out and attacking the NRL less than 2 hours after the incident has become known should give themselves an uppercut. Let justice take its course first, the Storm and/or NRL will act as they see fit at some point in the coming days. Right now it's a matter for the courts.

I know people are upset with him and want to use anything to have a stab at the NRL (sometimes with good reason), but just step back and let the facts come out.

Broncodroid - IMO the "new face of league" should be from people like Jamie Soward, Scotty Prince, Brett Kimmorley, Benny Creagh. Cameron Smith is already tarnished by the QLD brush in regards to the drug allegations (by association whether he was named or not IMO, not suggesting for a moment he was actually involved).

brad_19

Juniors
I know there's bigger things then football to worry about atm, but geez, this will be a blow to our finals chances!

Hopefully GI can move on from this and, if guilty and eventually convicted, show remorse for his actions and come back to footy. I'm sick of these scandels, and kicking him out of RL on a permanent basis won't do Greg Inglis the person any favours. Why does he deserve favours?? I guess everyone deserves a second chance...