What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
88332693.jpg

Evenflow

Bench
The legal fees issue has been settled. They've come to an "undisclosed agreement".

:lol:

Once again yet another example of believing and taking as gospel whatever the media says that suits your agenda and totally discrediting anything they say that doesn't. You really have taken over the mantle of the biggest joke/dickhead/arseclown etc etc etc of LU. Yes, that includes Gaba and let me tell you it's no mean feat to usurp the great man himself and i honestly didn't think anyone possibly could, at least in my time but you certainly have.

Bunniesgirl..... :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol:

Once again yet another example of believing and taking as gospel whatever the media says that suits your agenda and totally discrediting anything they say that doesn't. You really have taken over the mantle of the biggest joke/dickhead/arseclown etc etc etc of LU. Yes, that includes Gaba and let me tell you it's no mean feat to usurp the great man himself and i honestly didn't think anyone possibly could, at least in my time but you certainly have.

Bunniesgirl..... :lol:
I'd be honored to take that mantle but I wouldn't feel right stealing it from you.

P.S. If you're going to resort to name calling try thinking of something more clever. I'm quite sure I am 100% male.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd be honored to take that mantle but I wouldn't feel right stealing it from you.

P.S. If you're going to resort to name calling try thinking of something more clever. I'm quite sure I am 100% male.

You have some doubt? Even if it's really small you should still be able to tell it's there.

boxhead

First Grade
If they keep him then they have to pay his ENTIRE payment. So even more players have to be sacked. All that to have a guy in the lockerroom they've been in a public and bitter fight with for months. How would the rest of the Storm squad like losing mates to pay for Inglis who obviously doesn't want to be there.

And in the article i quoted where the Storm CEO discussed this he didn't mention the possibility of keeping him. It's not a realistic possibility at this point.

You don't get it do you. If Storm refuse to release him to Souths because part of the deal would count under their cap, then Inglis will go elsewhere. Whether its the Eels (but Storm hate the Eels so it won't happen) or another code (most likely), fact of the matter is Storm will not do Souths any favours and they can't afford to either.
So if the deal is indeed too much then Inglis won't be at Souths and will likely go to another code.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You don't get it do you. If Storm refuse to release him to Souths because part of the deal would count under their cap, then Inglis will go elsewhere. Whether its the Eels (but Storm hate the Eels so it won't happen) or another code (most likely), fact of the matter is Storm will not do Souths any favours and they can't afford to either.
So if the deal is indeed too much then Inglis won't be at Souths and will likely go to another code.
What you just said is the single dumbest thing I've ever heard. Storm don't get to control where he goes to you moron. It's their own fault any of this is happening, so he doesn't have to go anywhere to make it easier for him. Look at what the Storm CEO said, did he mention anything like what you're saying? NO. Coz it's not f**king possible.

Eels Dude

Coach
What you just said is the single dumbest thing I've ever heard. Storm don't get to control where he goes to you moron. It's their own fault any of this is happening, so he doesn't have to go anywhere to make it easier for him. Look at what the Storm CEO said, did he mention anything like what you're saying? NO. Coz it's not f**king possible.

That's incorrect. If they release him they certainly can release him conditionally. SBW can't play for an NRL club other than the Bulldogs until 2013 due to conditions of his release, the Eels did the same thing to Jamie Lyon forcing him to play in the ESL or nothing for the remainder of his contracted time at Parramatta.

Maybe you should check your facts before you label other people as dumb.

Regardless, that's not the entire point he was making. IF Inglis wants to make the money he's been earning at Melbourne he may be forced to head overseas because no NRL club can afford the salary cap space.

Matt23

Staff member
Are we sure it's got nothing to do with News corp being pissy about him not joining the other the news corp team?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Inglis is still contracted to the storm so yes they do have a say in where he goes.
No they don't. Their say ends at releasing him or not releasing him. And the consequences of not releasing have been talked about countless times on this thread, it won't happen and he will be released.
That's incorrect. If they release him they certainly can release him conditionally. SBW can't play for an NRL club other than the Bulldogs until 2013 due to conditions of his release, the Eels did the same thing to Jamie Lyon forcing him to play in the ESL or nothing for the remainder of his contracted time at Parramatta.

Maybe you should check your facts before you label other people as dumb.

Regardless, that's not the entire point he was making. IF Inglis wants to make the money he's been earning at Melbourne he may be forced to head overseas because no NRL club can afford the salary cap space.
Nope, you're post is incorrect. You're resorting to comparing the Inglis situation with the SBW situation to make your point, that says a lot about how strong your argument is.

The two situations are completely different. SBW was getting released because of his own unfair actions, the conditions he was given were obvious. Inglis is being released because his club cheated, he didn't do anything wrong to be released.

This is how the conversation would go (if they ever bothered having this conversation because neither the Storm nor Inglis are as dumb as your argument):

Storm: Hey GI we'd rather you not go to Souths, if you go there we still have to pay part of your salary, so go somewhere else please.
GI: No I won't be doing that. I'm going to Souths.
Storm: WTF, YOU CAN'T. We won't release you !!!!!!!!!
GI: Whatever. Either release me and I'll go to Souths and you have to pay some of my contract and release some players or don't release me, pay my entire contract and release even more players. I'm sure the squad would like that.
Storm: Damn. Ok Ok Ok. Have fun in Redfern.

Inglis knows they have to release him (because the consequences of not releasing him are even worse than him going to Souths) so he doesn't have to agree to any conditions.
Are we sure it's got nothing to do with News corp being pissy about him not joining the other the news corp team?
Some of us are smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. But there are the naive types.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This is how the conversation would go
Storm: Hey GI we'd rather you not go to Souths, if you go there we still have to pay part of your salary, so go somewhere else please.
GI: No I won't be doing that. I'm going to Souths.
Storm: WTF, YOU CAN'T. We won't release you !!!!!!!!!
GI: Whatever. Either release me and I'll go to Souths and you have to pay some of my contract and release some players or don't release me, pay my entire contract and release even more players. I'm sure the squad would like that.
Storm: Damn. Ok Ok Ok. Have fun in Redfern.
No, more like this:
Storm: Gregory, don't go, souths have crazy fans who make up conservations.
GI: Me hungry. Want to eat Sydney.
Storm: How about we throw in another speed boat. And pay all your bills forever. (When I say we GI, I mean News limited, nudge nudge wink wink.)
GI: No, Anthony says I have to be my own man. So I am. If he says Its OK.
Storm: If you don't stay we'll release those photos of you and Molly Meldrum from last years end of season trip.
GI: Look, I'm going. I have to walk, it raining and the planes aren't flying. Just one thing - is Sydney anywhere near bowralville?

Eels Dude

Coach
Nope, you're post is incorrect. You're resorting to comparing the Inglis situation with the SBW situation to make your point, that says a lot about how strong your argument is.

The two situations are completely different. SBW was getting released because of his own unfair actions, the conditions he was given were obvious. Inglis is being released because his club cheated, he didn't do anything wrong to be released.

You're clutching at straws now. The reason for his release is irrelevent. If he wants out of a legally binding contract he has to meet their wishes. They can still keep him on their books if they wish and have him see out his contract, and make arrangements to release other players who are willing to leave instead. He cannot even negotiate with rival clubs without the Storms permission. Cooper Cronk was refused permission to speak to rival NRL clubs despite salary cap dramas because he has a binding contract with the Storm until 2013. But keep living in your delusional world.

By the way, are you related to the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland?

no name

Coach
No they don't. Their say ends at releasing him or not releasing him. And the consequences of not releasing have been talked about countless times on this thread, it won't happen and he will be released.
Exactly, they do have a say in where he goes. While there are consequences they still have the right to release him or not

BunniesMan

Immortal
No, more like this:
Storm: Gregory, don't go, souths have crazy fans who make up conservations.
GI: Me hungry. Want to eat Sydney.
Storm: How about we throw in another speed boat. And pay all your bills forever. (When I say we GI, I mean News limited, nudge nudge wink wink.)
GI: No, Anthony says I have to be my own man. So I am. If he says Its OK.
Storm: If you don't stay we'll release those photos of you and Molly Meldrum from last years end of season trip.
GI: Look, I'm going. I have to walk, it raining and the planes aren't flying. Just one thing - is Sydney anywhere near bowralville?
At least mine was logical. You're one makes him seem like an idiot. Here's what Anthony Mundine has to say about Inglis. And Mundine, unlike all of us here, actually knows Inglis.
''GI is not a character who talks out, he doesn't like to rock the boat but at the end of the day he is his own man and believe me he is smarter than what people might think.''

mrpwnd

Bench
At least mine was logical. You're one makes him seem like an idiot. Here's what Anthony Mundine has to say about Inglis. And Mundine, unlike all of us here, actually knows Inglis.
I take anything Mundine says with a grain of sh*t.

Eels Dude

Coach
I take anything Mundine says with a grain of sh*t.

I'll go further. Given his own intelligence and the fact that every word that comes out of his mouth is completely off the mark, if Anthony Mundine thinks Inglis is smarter than people think, it really means Inglis is a lot dumber than people think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.