What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'll do and say whatever I like princess... I especially like taunting twigs like you.
All I can say lad, is that if you look back at your posts a certain disturbing pattern emerges - a fascination with venereal disease, homosexuality, paedophillia and death mixed with puerile petty insults. All instigated by a comment made about a nz actor. Its fair to say you have issues lad.

I'll leave you with your demented outlook on life. Adios lad.

SoftSydney

Juniors
all i can say lad, is that if you look back at your posts a certain disturbing pattern emerges - a fascination with venereal disease, homosexuality, paedophillia and death mixed with puerile petty insults. All instigated by a comment made about a nz actor. Its fair to say you have issues lad.

lol

All I can say lad, is that if you look back at your posts a certain disturbing pattern emerges - a fascination with venereal disease, homosexuality, paedophillia and death mixed with puerile petty insults. All instigated by a comment made about a nz actor. Its fair to say you have issues lad.

lad

drake

First Grade
Wasn't supposed to be funny dumbarse, I was serious. Say whatever you like daddles, we'll do our talking on the field when we smash your sorry pretender arses.
So you were seriously accusing someone of being a pedophile? Pretty stupid, even from you.

I like the 'we'll do our talking on the field..." part. 50uffs seem to do nothing but talk. Maybe your mob should just shut their mouths and stop being such a bunch of media whores.

Setting yourselves up for a big fall.

CMUX

Mundine says whats on his mind and some people don't like that kind of unfiltered voice. They feel threatened. And while I don't always agree with Mundine I do agree in this case.

I strongly agree with this "haterism" point. The NRL wants their teams to succeed (Brisbane and Melbourne) and they are annoyed that for once something went against their precious teams. And I think they can't handle that for once a team that isn't one of theirs has the balls to walk around with a bit of swagger, they don't like Crowe and Mundine, and Souths especially, because we're getting things done that doesn't fit in their worldview.

I can't wait until News is out of the game and power is with the IC, all clubs might be treated fairly for a change.

- Mundine is a waste of fresh air.
- What exactly are Souffs getting done? The only thing they are achieving is ensuring a huge LOL at souffs moment when they miss the finals again next year.

Doing a bit of research about what a statutory declaration is precisely. It's a big deal, if you lie in one of them you can potentially see jail time. I doubt 4 different sponsors would risk jail time just to trick the NRL and get Inglis to us. The third party deals are clearly legit.

You had to look up what a stat dec is? Aren’t you a self professed Genius? I thought you would know about something so simple.

boxhead

First Grade
Originally Posted by BunniesMan
Mundine says whats on his mind and some people don't like that kind of unfiltered voice. They feel threatened. And while I don't always agree with Mundine I do agree in this case.

I strongly agree with this "haterism" point. The NRL wants their teams to succeed (Brisbane and Melbourne) and they are annoyed that for once something went against their precious teams. And I think they can't handle that for once a team that isn't one of theirs has the balls to walk around with a bit of swagger, they don't like Crowe and Mundine, and Souths especially, because we're getting things done that doesn't fit in their worldview.

I can't wait until News is out of the game and power is with the IC, all clubs might be treated fairly for a change.

So if Inglis doesn't sign with Souths, but signs with the Eels (they are the only remaining NRL club that can get him if Souths deal falls through) then what does that say about the NRL not treating clubs they don't own fairly?

BunniesMan

Immortal
- Mundine is a waste of fresh air.
- What exactly are Souffs getting done? The only thing they are achieving is ensuring a huge LOL at souffs moment when they miss the finals again next year.
If we get Inglis and miss the finals, we deserve to be laughed at. Luckily that won't happen. Top 4/best attack in the league/premiership is much more likely than missing the finals.
You had to look up what a stat dec is? Aren’t you a self professed Genius? I thought you would know about something so simple.
You're equating unintelligence with ignorance. I'm highly intelligent, I was just ignorant of this specific fact, so I went to look it up, which is what intelligent people do, now I have that information for life.

CMUX

You're equating unintelligence with ignorance. I'm highly intelligent, I was just ignorant of this specific fact, so I went to look it up, which is what intelligent people do, now I have that information for life.

If you did not know that foeniculum vulgare is the botanical name for fennel then I could understand that.

However, one would think that someone of your extreme intellect would know about such a mundane thing like a stat dec.

skeepe

Immortal
If you did not know that foeniculum vulgare is the botanical name for fennel then I could understand that.

However, one would think that someone of your extreme intellect would know about such a mundane thing like a stat dec.

Agreed. It's not ignorance, it's more not having a functional knowledge to survive in day to day life.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Agreed. It's not ignorance, it's more not having a functional knowledge to survive in day to day life.
22 million people in this country right now. How many of them will ever have a stat dec be a direct part of their lives? A very small proportion. Knowing what a stat dec is isn't "functional knowledge" and even if it is, now I know what it is so it's all good.

Back on topic:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...art-of-crowes-inglis-deal-20101206-18myv.html

GREG INGLIS might end up with more than the four third-party deals being queried by NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert, with other companies understood to have expressed an interest in sponsoring the South Sydney-bound superstar...Under the NRL salary cap rules, there is no limit on the amount players can earn through third-party deals with non-club sponsors

In another twist, Melbourne CEO Ron Gauci told the Herald yesterday that he understood Inglis had been given a notional value by Schubert and if Souths registered him for less than that amount, then the difference would have to go under the Storm's salary cap.
Should that happen, Gauci said the Storm would be forced to shed players to ensure the club did not again exceed the salary cap.

That last bit is new and interesting info. It seems like Souths should have no further problems. Regarding the 3rd party deals, Schubert has been giving his statutory declarations and if he doesn't accept them he's accusing multiple businesses of a serious crime. And if he has proof he should give the evidence to the authorities for those businesses to face court. Otherwise the 3rd party deals are fine.

And regarding the amount under the cap, looks like the Storm might still have to sack players because they'll have a part of Inglis's salary under their cap. But that's been known all along as a possibility.

Eels Dude

Coach
That last bit is new and interesting info. It seems like Souths should have no further problems. Regarding the 3rd party deals, Schubert has been giving his statutory declarations and if he doesn't accept them he's accusing multiple businesses of a serious crime. And if he has proof he should give the evidence to the authorities for those businesses to face court. Otherwise the 3rd party deals are fine.

And regarding the amount under the cap, looks like the Storm might still have to sack players because they'll have a part of Inglis's salary under their cap. But that's been known all along as a possibility.

That's not exactly ideal for you guys though, as Melbourne will probably refuse to release him if he's still taking up a large chunk of their salary cap.

Galeforce

Bench
that last part , "amount under the cap" , makes NO SENSE to me. The Storm should only include any value which they need to reimburse Inglis , as being "contract" differences that Inglis is owed between the existing Storm contract and any new contract replacing it. That makes sense , however if Storm are not reimbursing any contract differences to Inglis then why on earth should they include any value under their salary cap. NRL need to look at stupidity like this.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That's not exactly ideal for you guys though, as Melbourne will probably refuse to release him if he's still taking up a large chunk of their salary cap.
If they keep him then they have to pay his ENTIRE payment. So even more players have to be sacked. All that to have a guy in the lockerroom they've been in a public and bitter fight with for months. How would the rest of the Storm squad like losing mates to pay for Inglis who obviously doesn't want to be there.

And in the article i quoted where the Storm CEO discussed this he didn't mention the possibility of keeping him. It's not a realistic possibility at this point.

Eels Dude

Coach
If they keep him then they have to pay his ENTIRE payment. So even more players have to be sacked. All that to have a guy in the lockerroom they've been in a public and bitter fight with for months. How would the rest of the Storm squad like losing mates to pay for Inglis who obviously doesn't want to be there.

And in the article i quoted where the Storm CEO discussed this he didn't mention the possibility of keeping him. It's not a realistic possibility at this point.

Believe what you like, but Melbourne will only release him on their terms. We found this out after the whole Brisbane debacle and their demand he cough up the cash for his attorney fees.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Believe what you like, but Melbourne will only release him on their terms. We found this out after the whole Brisbane debacle and their demand he cough up the cash for his attorney fees.
The legal fees issue has been settled. They've come to an "undisclosed agreement".

Status
Not open for further replies.