What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
Thing is we actually make the finals more often than not, even a Grand Final just over 12 months ago, so until Souths making the finals on a regular basis Souths fans should stop acting all high and mighty and let their performances show how good they are, rather than just optimism. Anyone can talk optimistic. It's performance's on the field that count. Something Souths haven't been able to achieve for more than 20 years.

boxhead

First Grade
Channel 10 news this arvo reported that Parramatta have tried to approach Inglis after losing Tahu and Grothe, after having the inside word it will be rejected......... (not that channel 10 have much of an idea, so take it with a grain of salt).

God I hope this is true, as annoying as they can both be i would love to see the sh*t fly between bunniesman and haynetrain lol.

I don't really care to be honest but I would love to see Inglis in Eels colours for the same reasons you provided, but mainly so I can laugh all day at Bunniesman.

haynetrain is a fool who supports a sh*t club in disarray losing players all over the place and more likely to compete for the wooden spoon in 2011 than the premiership. they are so hopeless they can't even get a meeting with GI because he wants to play for a team with a hope of winning not that club with a joke of a board, an untested coach and a thin squad all over the place. they'd have been nothing in 2009 without hayne singlehandedly dragging them over the line for a couple of months.

in 2010 they were proven for what they really are, and their 2011 squad is worse than their 2010 squad. the definition of 1 man team full of no hopers.

lol still funny they can't even get a word in with inglis. the man knows what he wants, he wants to play for a contender. thats why theyre spending their money on nobodies like hicks.

lol eels quickly joining the group i think will be competing for the wooden spoon: knights/sharks/cowboys... and now eels too

:lol: This, coming from you? Hmm let's look at the record books, now shall we?

Past 10 Years (2000-2009):
Eels
Minor Premierships - 2 (2001, 2005)
Finals Appearances - 7

Souths
??
Not many....

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol: This, coming from you? Hmm let's look at the record books, now shall we?

Past 10 Years (2000-2009):
Eels
Minor Premierships - 2 (2001, 2005)
Finals Appearances - 7

Souths
??
Not many....
Previous 10 years aren't as important as the next 10 years.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Bummyman, what would you do if Inglis ends up playing for Parra next year? I know for a fact that we are interested and have said that we would be willing to talk if the deal with Souths doesn't go through.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bummyman, what would you do if Inglis ends up playing for Parra next year? I know for a fact that we are interested and have said that we would be willing to talk if the deal with Souths doesn't go through.
I won't entertain your lovely little hypothetical because it's not going to happen. And for your own sake, I hope you and your fellow Eels fans don't get their hopes up.

And if you don't believe me how about you listen to your own CEO, someone who actually matters in this situation:

New Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney has worked with Inglis for the star centre's entire career to date, as assistant coach of Melbourne, but chief executive Paul Osborne isn't holding his breath.
'I'm not expecting him to be anywhere except at Souths,' Osborne told AAP.
http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=551560&vId=
Get it through your thick head. He ain't going to the Eels.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I won't entertain your lovely little hypothetical because it's not going to happen. And for your own sake, I hope you and your fellow Eels fans don't get their hopes up.

And if you don't believe me how about you listen to your own CEO, someone who actually matters in this situation:

Lol, your so precious!

Hutty1986

Immortal
BM, I love your passion for the bunnies but you need to tone it down a bit for the sake of our good name. It's one thing to have something against Haynetrain but I don't think it's necessary to stick the boot into Parra and (by association) their supporters. We were then only a few years ago and we've come good. Parra will too.

But you haven't "come good" at all. One finals appearance (a thrashing) since 1989..

hunters

Juniors
But you haven't "come good" at all. One finals appearance (a thrashing) since 1989..
We haven't picked up the silverwear but surely you're not stupid enough not to be able see the improvements we have made in financial viability, ability to attract players, sponsor interest, membership numbers etc.

Sorry for talking about the big picture and actually trying to be positive about someone else's team.:roll:

Hutty1986

Immortal
We haven't picked up the silverwear but surely you're not stupid enough not to be able see the improvements we have made in financial viability, ability to attract players, sponsor interest, membership numbers etc.

Sorry for talking about the big picture and actually trying to be positive about someone else's team.:roll:

The big picture is results and the fact is, they haven't come yet.

hunters

Juniors
The big picture is results and the fact is, they haven't come yet.
So this time last year the Dragons weren't coming good either?

I congratulate you guys on winning the comp but you've missed the point of my post. I was simply telling a bloke (that supports the same team as me) to ease off kicking a team while they are down. We've all been there. Eels are there now, we are on the way back, you guys are back on top. It will all reverse again one day.

Hutty1986

Immortal

I congratulate you guys on winning the comp but you've missed the point of my post. I was simply telling a bloke (that supports the same team as me) to ease off kicking a team while they are down. We've all been there. Eels are there now, we are on the way back, you guys are back on top. It will all reverse again one day.

Of course, that's the beauty of our game and the salary cap

My post was more directed at tools like Bunniesman, who think Souths winning the 2011 premiership is a certainty!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Will you say the same thing in 10 years time.
Well I'll look back on our multiple premierships and say it's time to win some more in the next decade.

I know what you mean by not kicking a team while they are down. It makes you a better man than me, but I have a special hatred for the Eels, read the book of feuds - eels section (specifically 1999) to know why. I take pleasure out of anything and everything bad that happens to them.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Well I'll look back on our multiple premierships and say it's time to win some more in the next decade.
Child please.
How about concentrating on winning one premiership before thinking about multiples, a feat recent trends suggest is almost impossible to do with the closeness of the competition.

Or, more importantly, how about making the semi finals before making brazen statements about premiership wins.

There is confidence and delusion. Then there is arrogance and madness - otherwise known as BunniesMan.

Last edited:

Mickyd39

Juniors

I know what you mean by not kicking a team while they are down. It makes you a better man than me, but I have a special hatred for the Eels, read the book of feuds - eels section (specifically 1999) to know why. I take pleasure out of anything and everything bad that happens to them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: What a wank!

Simo

First Grade
With the last few pages being full of bitching I havent been able to see, has there been any news on Inglis contract??

StormChaser

First Grade
Can't believe what a bitchfest this has become. "Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh my team's better than yoursssss!!"

Go and slap yourselves with your bejeweled handbags you big girls. Nobody gives a f**k!!!

Lambretta

First Grade

With question avoidance skills like that, you should get a job as a politician.

I believe you have a close enough relationship with reality to join Fred Niles party. Good luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts