What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorson1987

Coach
It is indeed true - at least from the evidence - that Souths tried to offload Beau Champion to the Eels, a source confirmed this earlier today before the story was aired. And the Eels refused, despite how good and young a centre Champion is; they quite obviously believe they can snare Inglis and will go all out to get him.
I have to feel sorry for people like Bunniesman, this situation could quite easily swing the other way.

Just like the man himself.

RWB

Bench
You would have to cut a well paid player and hope another club would want to fork out a large portion of their playing contract. That player would also have to be willing to leave. You just cannot terminate their contract otherwise the players salary in full will still count towards Souths salary cap. You also cannot cut a player on the minimum wage as you would need to add another player into your top 25 squad on at least the minimum wage. Given Souths situation it would have to be a player who has plenty of good years ahead otherwise clubs like Parramatta will just play hardball and refuse to budge. It is not going to be easy.

Exactly, it's delusional to think they can just offload Wesser or Crocker... no one will pay out their full contract. Roy Asotasi is still on something ludicrous like 450k, no sane club will be paying that this late in the season (or early which ever way you look at it) otherwise they'd already have Inglis tied up.

I'd hate to see Greg Inglis lost to the game but whilst he is being consulted by Nasser/Mundine I couldn't give a sh*t what happens to him... French Rugby who gives a f**k.

Eels Dude

Coach
i am confused why it is taking so long for NRL to close
1) the NRL has stated Souths should not have announced Inglis until NRL approved contract. OK , however the media circus was calling out that Souths were in the mix in early November , are we to believe that at that time , Souths do not announce and submit contracts to NRL , as they have done ,that all the media blitz could be contained and would the NRL have reached a decision sooner?
2) appears to me that NRL is looking for reasons to NOT approve the Inglis contract with souths. i.e. first we hear NRL has not seen contract , then they want to see third party deals , then they want third party affidavits , then they want to see more information to understand if third party deals were required as part of getting inglis to agree to Souths contract.
3) the last point,makes third party deals only of value for salary cap , if a player already has a contract with club and now third party being used to sweeten the deal to make it harder for other clubs to poach. this makes sense , however does not appear the clubs understand this.so implementation a mess.
4) how was Brisbane contract approved by the NRL and SOuths contract still under investigation , when appears the structure the same. Brisbane "NEWS" and Souths "not"?
5) how can NRL Auditor announce to "teammates" at Rooster function that Crowe has made it easy to not approve the Souths contract. If this is true , then disgrace to this role and the NRL Auditor ( who ever it may be ) should be sacked. Investigation neither completed nor correct process followed.
6) NRL should be able to make decision on facts presented i.e. what value they will support for Salary cap purposes. i.e. just state it to Souths management and let them close it. Appears to me that the NRL either do not want to give Souths a clear option to close and hoping delay results in either
Inglis walking away from NRL or a higher offer from another NRL team. How would this be possible if NO third party $$ could be included.

something stinks and right now it is the NRL management

You're making it difficult for people to respond to you by not talking in proper sentences. I cannot make sense of a lot of that but I'll try and respond anyway

1) Souths didn't give their contract to the NRL until late November, prior to this the Rabbitohs announced the signing, especially highlighted by Russell Crowe in front of 10 million television viewers.
2) They're just trying to make sure it's legit, and it's fair enough too
3) I cannot even understand what you're trying to say here. Re-type it using proper grammar.
4) It wasn't approved by the NRL, hence why Inglis got out of it
5) It's hearsay that's occured
6) Cannot understand you again. Learn proper english.

kbw

Bench
Russell Crowe out wooing Greg Inglis on the harbour today

288202-oprah_winfrey-russell-crowe.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
It is indeed true - at least from the evidence - that Souths tried to offload Beau Champion to the Eels, a source confirmed this earlier today before the story was aired. And the Eels refused, despite how good and young a centre Champion is; they quite obviously believe they can snare Inglis and will go all out to get him.
I have to feel sorry for people like Bunniesman, this situation could quite easily swing the other way.
Relax, you don't need to feel sorry for me. Inglis will be a Rabbitoh, it's just a matter of seeing how complicated the NRL will make this.
You would have to cut a well paid player and hope another club would want to fork out a large portion of their playing contract. That player would also have to be willing to leave. You just cannot terminate their contract otherwise the players salary in full will still count towards Souths salary cap. You also cannot cut a player on the minimum wage as you would need to add another player into your top 25 squad on at least the minimum wage. Given Souths situation it would have to be a player who has plenty of good years ahead otherwise clubs like Parramatta will just play hardball and refuse to budge. It is not going to be easy.
From what I've heard we're only about 50k from getting him even if the NRL block it. His first year is about 220k under the cap, but they apparently want us to pay something like 275k. That means we get rid of anyone making over 110k (so we can also afford a minimum player to replace him). Worst case scenario is Roy goes to super league.

As for clubs "playing hardball and refusing to budge", irrelevant, if we cant ship someone off to another NRL team we just look to the mother country, Super League clubs over pay for aussie players every day of the week.
Just like the man himself.
You calling me gay? I'm not. I have a girlfriend.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Relax, you don't need to feel sorry for me. Inglis will be a Rabbitoh, it's just a matter of seeing how complicated the NRL will make this.

From what I've heard we're only about 50k from getting him even if the NRL block it. His first year is about 220k under the cap, but they apparently want us to pay something like 275k. That means we get rid of anyone making over 110k (so we can also afford a minimum player to replace him). Worst case scenario is Roy goes to super league.

As for clubs "playing hardball and refusing to budge", irrelevant, if we cant ship someone off to another NRL team we just look to the mother country, Super League clubs over pay for aussie players every day of the week.

He has to want to leave.. You can't just make him to to England.

thorson1987

Coach

Alot of gay people had girlfriends. Fmd Elton John was married to a female. So was the singer from savage garden. And im pretty sure George Michael had a few girlfriends in his time.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Super League clubs have an over seas quota and most have it filled already for next year. Not sure if this covers Kiwis though.

You are incredibly defensive when someone questions your sexuality.

boxhead

First Grade
Bunniesman, you fail to realize that your club cannot just terminate contracts with your players; the player has to want to go. If your club thinks it can, for example, get rid of Beau Champion overnight to sign Greg Inglis then they should think again; your club will have to pay up any money the other club doesn't spend on him.

Say for example Beau Champion signs with the Eels for $100K and he was on $250K at Souths, Souths will have to include that $150K in their cap. That immediately means they won't be able to sign Inglis, and they will have lost a good player for nothing.

If your club can't sign him without releasing a player then, unfortunately for you and Souths, unless one of your players wants to leave so as Souths can "be premiers" - which will never happen - then Inglis wont be a Rabbitoh in 2011 at all.

BunniesMan

Immortal
And what if the player doesn't want to go?
I'm sure we'd be able to find one guy willing to go.
So did Elton John.
Newsflash. My name isn't Elton John.

Alot of gay people had girlfriends. Fmd Elton John was married to a female. So was the singer from savage garden. And im pretty sure George Michael had a few girlfriends in his time.
Well on top of being with a female, I'm also sexually attracted to females. Sorry to break it to all the guys on this forum with a crush on me, I'm not into guys. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Super League clubs have an over seas quota and most have it filled already for next year. Not sure if this covers Kiwis though.

You are incredibly defensive when someone questions your sexuality.
All I did was respond to someone's "questions" in a calm manner explaining the facts, didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I don't see that as "incredibly defensive".

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
All I did was respond to someone's "questions" in a calm manner explaining the facts, didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I don't see that as "incredibly defensive".

What question? the comment that you responded to was about you but not directed at you. You jumped at it to tell thorson that you are straight.

Iv seen you sprout several times that you have a girlfriend, you seem intent on reminding everyone that.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What question? the comment that you responded to was about you but not directed at you. You jumped at it to tell thorson that you are straight.

Iv seen you sprout several times that you have a girlfriend, you seem intent on reminding everyone that.
He says he has a girlfriend in an attempt to hide his man love for russ & GI.

applesauce

Bench
Channel 10 news this arvo reported that Parramatta have tried to approach Inglis after losing Tahu and Grothe, after having the inside word it will be rejected......... (not that channel 10 have much of an idea, so take it with a grain of salt).

God I hope this is true, as annoying as they can both be i would love to see the sh*t fly between bunniesman and haynetrain lol.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Channel 10 news this arvo reported that Parramatta have tried to approach Inglis after losing Tahu and Grothe, after having the inside word it will be rejected......... (not that channel 10 have much of an idea, so take it with a grain of salt).

God I hope this is true, as annoying as they can both be i would love to see the sh*t fly between bunniesman and haynetrain lol.
haynetrain is a fool who supports a sh*t club in disarray losing players all over the place and more likely to compete for the wooden spoon in 2011 than the premiership. they are so hopeless they can't even get a meeting with GI because he wants to play for a team with a hope of winning not that club with a joke of a board, an untested coach and a thin squad all over the place. they'd have been nothing in 2009 without hayne singlehandedly dragging them over the line for a couple of months.

in 2010 they were proven for what they really are, and their 2011 squad is worse than their 2010 squad. the definition of 1 man team full of no hopers.

lol still funny they can't even get a word in with inglis. the man knows what he wants, he wants to play for a contender. thats why theyre spending their money on nobodies like hicks.

lol eels quickly joining the group i think will be competing for the wooden spoon: knights/sharks/cowboys... and now eels too

hunters

Juniors
haynetrain is a fool who supports a sh*t club in disarray losing players all over the place and more likely to compete for the wooden spoon in 2011 than the premiership. they are so hopeless they can't even get a meeting with GI because he wants to play for a team with a hope of winning not that club with a joke of a board, an untested coach and a thin squad all over the place. they'd have been nothing in 2009 without hayne singlehandedly dragging them over the line for a couple of months.

in 2010 they were proven for what they really are, and their 2011 squad is worse than their 2010 squad. the definition of 1 man team full of no hopers.

lol still funny they can't even get a word in with inglis. the man knows what he wants, he wants to play for a contender. thats why theyre spending their money on nobodies like hicks.

lol eels quickly joining the group i think will be competing for the wooden spoon: knights/sharks/cowboys... and now eels too
BM, I love your passion for the bunnies but you need to tone it down a bit for the sake of our good name. It's one thing to have something against Haynetrain but I don't think it's necessary to stick the boot into Parra and (by association) their supporters. We were then only a few years ago and we've come good. Parra will too.

applesauce

Bench
BM, I love your passion for the bunnies but you need to tone it down a bit for the sake of our good name. It's one thing to have something against Haynetrain but I don't think it's necessary to stick the boot into Parra and (by association) their supporters. We were then only a few years ago and we've come good. Parra will too.

This.

But in fairness Parra have signed Hicks, McGuire, Webb, Matua and Walker. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts