What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liddell

Juniors
The rumour that has popped up today - as in more principally now - is that Beau Champion will indeed sign with the Eels for 3 years worth $300K a season.

Good luck if you sign Inglis, I never really cared to be honest, it's just your idiotic comments have sort of enflamed me and most other forum members.
If this is about signing Beau Champion though, then I will be very happy. A very talented and good centre, someone who will easily fix our centre problems and we won't have to pay overs for like with say Greg Inglis.

I hope Souths do well next year, but the pressure is definitely on them to perform.

Parra really are the new Souths.

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol, missed the 300K part.

300K for champion? Farkin' 'ell.

Next thing they'll have Mortimer on about the same, & sign hacks like Webb, Walker & Maitua............

grouch

First Grade
Yep, that is stupidity of BunniesMan proportions. Beau Champion is average. If $300k is not overs then the salary cap is way way too high

BunniesMan

Immortal
BunniesMan will support Melbourne or the Broncos over Parra because Parra are the main offenders of Souffs getting booted?

You are a dead set nutter!
I didn't say they were the main offenders, but the way they acted with their arrogance and cruelty is unforgivable.
I've lost count of how many times Souths supporters have said "20XX premiership here we come"

I'd wait and see how they go first. I mean afterall according to Souths they had the best forward pack in the comp and they didn't even make the 8.

Souths will never win a premiership while you have Sutton and Sandow in the halves.
Yes no doubt 2010 was very disappointing. The players know it, I think it'll be another thing that makes them go well in 2011. The problem is for a long time we've had a culture of losing, that's why the hype from the media and the bookies and everybody is good for the squad. They need to get it through their thick head that we finally have the talent to do well.
Canterbury for instance, who immediately raided your juniors to sign Braith Anasta.....

You stupid dumb genius. Brisbane started Stupid League which was the start of SOuths decline. They wanted Souths gone. The whole reason Souths went in the first place is because of the criteria brought in by News Ltd who wanted SOuths gone......
Do I have to remind you of the entire super league war? You dumb f*ckwit - your comments are anti Souths because youd support TWO clubs who wanted Souths dead - and very nearly got it - over a club that had a mythical "farewell Souths" marketing ploy?

You are the single most geniused gimp on this forum.

Like Brisbane in 1995 - who wanted to punt Souths?

Again, championing a mob who wanted Souths carcass over a team that didn't. You are like the african who supports the klu klux klan.

And Balmain were not going to start a rebel comp in 1909.........

What's next from you? Organising John Ribot to come and dance on Clive Churchill's grave? Bombing Redfern? How f*cking dumb and stupid can you get?
Support? You make it sound like I'm taking Broncos and Storm membership. I hate them too, but for one hypothetical game I'd want them to win over one other team, and only in a GF. I wouldn't take any pleasure from them winning, but I'd prefer it over the Eels.
The rumour that has popped up today - as in more principally now - is that Beau Champion will indeed sign with the Eels for 3 years worth $300K a season.

Good luck if you sign Inglis, I never really cared to be honest, it's just your idiotic comments have sort of enflamed me and most other forum members.
If this is about signing Beau Champion though, then I will be very happy. A very talented and good centre, someone who will easily fix our centre problems and we won't have to pay overs for like with say Greg Inglis.

I hope Souths do well next year, but the pressure is definitely on them to perform.
I don't think Inglis is getting paid overs, infact 300k for Champion is borderline overs IMO. And if we do get rid of Champion, I'm ok with that. I'd rather he go than Asotasi and while Champion is solid and a good young player, Inglis is a huge upgrade.

Once again, if it is news you want to hear then the telegraph is reliable. If it is not news you want to hear then they cannot be trusted.
Coming from News ltd and their huge bias against us, if it's bad news for Souths then it may or may not be true, probably not though, but if it's good news it is most likely true because they'd never make up good stuff about us. Because they're merkins.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach

I agree!!! Boxhead, that is probably the most stupid comment you have ever posted on this forum.

Sorry boxhead, I have to agree with eels01s here.

boxhead

First Grade
I do get morning sickness......
Yes it is overs. I was just caught in jubilation that we would actually be signing someone that is a young first-grader!!!!

boxhead

First Grade
Actually, he wouldn't be the best signing in the past 2 years for the Eels.
Justin Poore easily would be that signing. Sure he lost his Origin spot, but look at his competition. Guy was awesome for us this year, not at the start but for the majority he was one of our best players and played consistently great footy.

boxhead

First Grade
They could have changed it anytime once it became "in doubt".

You will find they probably wouldn't change it around speculation - which the whole situation basically is.
No point putting a * next to his name and saying "in doubt".

On the Beau Champion thing, it was reported on a radio station this morning.

kbw

Bench
I agree 300K is too much for Champion, but I think if he stays injury free he will be a very good player and while I am not necessarily surprised at $ouff$ letting him go I think its a stupid move

RHCP

Bench
Beau Champion is a decent player, he's certainly the kind of player that Parramatta need at the moment, but if they are indeed offering him $300K a season that's much more than the guy is worth.

applesauce

Bench
Champion, like his name suggests, is among a select few who can go toe to toe with the likes of Nightingale and Ryles. $1mill a year!

Status
Not open for further replies.