What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You are one of them. You see fit to throw what Denis Fitzgerald said in with the rest of us, we will do the same with the crap you dish out. Troll
I specifically said that I didn't have a blanket hatred for Parra fans, I said I hated the club, not the fans. So don't put words in my mouth. Troll. (see i can use that word too, and it's actually true when i use it, it's just like a troll to lie about what others say)

no name

Coach
I don't care what people that I haven't even met think of me. I'm here to talk footy, not to make friends.

Well you better start trying to make friends, cause you have nfi about footy.

Just in case you didn't know, the chain of events that led to Souths demise started long before round 20 something in 1999. But continue your crusade against the evil Parramatta who single handedly got rid of Souths

Loudstrat

Coach
I lol'd. Take a history lesson mate. Parra was happily dancing on our grave before we were even buried.
You know nothing of Super League?

Parra's CEO was one of the loudest and most vocal in favour of kicking us out. In the last round of 1999, they marketed the game as our final game before it was even announced that we were gone. I might be young but I've taken the time to find things out. I have more knowledge under a fingernail than both of you arrogant clueless fools could ever hope to have.

And revisionist history saying Parra supported us is a joke.
1997 - Parra and Saints elected to field teams in the ARL comp, staying loyal to Souths who would have been dead had SL won the war.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You know nothing of Super League?

1997 - Parra and Saints elected to field teams in the ARL comp, staying loyal to Souths who would have been dead had SL won the war.
I'm talking about 1999. But even then, you want a high five for doing the right thing? When I drive down the street I don't expect to be congratulated for not trying to run people down.

Loudstrat

Coach
I'm talking about 1999. But even then, you want a high five for doing the right thing? When I drive down the street I don't expect to be congratulated for not trying to run people down.
So, what about 1995-7, when Brisbane wanted to exclude SOuths from any plans for SL? You do know that they asked EVERYONE bar Balmain and Souths to join SL, and refused to consider Souths at all? You do know that their partners News Ltd orchestrated the bodgey "criteria" which saw Souths come last - and get punted - even though they were one of only 2 clubs who could pay their players from their own coffers?

Yet you embrace them? And hate Parra who once had a CEO (which we punted) who acted like every other CEO?

So you like those whose intention it was to kill Souths?

BunniesMan

Immortal
So, what about 1995-7, when Brisbane wanted to exclude SOuths from any plans for SL? You do know that they asked EVERYONE bar Balmain and Souths to join SL, and refused to consider Souths at all? You do know that their partners News Ltd orchestrated the bodgey "criteria" which saw Souths come last - and get punted - even though they were one of only 2 clubs who could pay their players from their own coffers?

Yet you embrace them? And hate Parra who once had a CEO (which we punted) who acted like every other CEO?

So you like those whose intention it was to kill Souths?
ffs who said anything about embracing them? it's degrees of hatred, i hate the roosters and dragons and eels and broncos and storm, its just a matter of which i hate the most, just because i hate the eels the most doesn't mean i don't loathe the others aswell

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
ffs who said anything about embracing them? it's degrees of hatred, i hate the roosters and dragons and eels and broncos and storm, its just a matter of which i hate the most, just because i hate the eels the most doesn't mean i don't loathe the others aswell
So much hate, you need to calm your arse down.

Loudstrat

Coach
Ok we have established the fact that you think kicking Souffs out is not the worst thing in life, compared to having a CEO whose name starts with D.

boxhead

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...l-as-souths-deal-drags-on-20101217-190ov.html

Inglis considers crossing codes to AFL as Souths deal drags on
Brad Walter
December 18, 2010

Still waiting ... Greg Inglis. Photo: Getty Images
GREG INGLIS is set to meet with AFL clubs St Kilda and Essendon as his frustration grows over the ongoing scrutiny of his deal with South Sydney by the NRL.

Inglis has repeatedly said that he does not want to leave the NRL but the Test star is becoming increasingly disillusioned by salary cap auditor Ian Schubert's refusal to accept the three-year contract he signed with the Rabbitohs.

Inglis is understood to have considered sitting out next season if Souths can't fit him under the salary cap, but that is not a genuine option for a just-married 23-year-old paying off mortgages on a house in Melbourne and an investment property. Until his future is resolved, the Rabbitohs cannot begin paying him as he is officially still contracted to the Melbourne Storm for a further two seasons.

Advertisement: Story continues below
With the standard NRL playing contract starting on November 1, the Storm now technically owe Inglis $100,000 for the past two months and are withholding a further $200,000 in payments from last season due to a dispute over unpaid legal bills.

While some may believe such financial pressure will force him to walk out on Souths and join Parramatta, Inglis has already stated he will not play for another Sydney club.

Therefore, if Schubert rules that Inglis's four third-party deals totalling $200,000 be included in South Sydney's salary cap, and the Rabbitohs cannot accommodate him, he has at least two options:

■ Return to Melbourne, with the Storm then forced to cut up to $600,000 in playing talent from their 2011 roster, or;

■ Follow former Queensland and Australian teammates Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau to the AFL.

However, Melbourne would not be able to adjust its playing roster to take him back, and the Storm's highest-profile fan, Molly Meldrum, an equally passionate St Kilda supporter, is believed to have helped instigate talks between the Saints and Inglis.

Inglis is also expected to meet with Essendon, whose interest in the league star was first reported by the Herald on April 30 - just a week after Melbourne was found guilty of massive salary-cap breaches that helped force one of the game's best players on to the market.

Under AFL rules, players cannot be added to a club's roster for the coming season after the annual draft, which was held last month.

But like Hunt and Folau, whose AFL contracts contain massive marketing payments outside the salary cap, Inglis would need a season learning the game before he could be expected to play at the top level.

Despite his lack of experience in AFL, Essendon great Michael Long - a leading campaigner and spokesman for indigenous rights and racial issues - believes Inglis could make the switch, and held a series of talks with him earlier this year to try to lure him to AFL.

Inglis told NRL chief executive David Gallop at a private meeting on Wednesday that one of the key reasons he wanted to join the Rabbitohs was because of the club's strong relationship with the indigenous community, and it is not hard to imagine AFL officials promoting the virtues of their own Aboriginal programs to him.

THE INGLIS FILE

Born: January 15, 1987, Kempsey

Height: 195cm

Weight: 99kg

Position: Centre

Rep games: Origins 13, Kangaroos 16

Rep points: Origin 40 (10 tries), Kangaroos 60 (15 tries)

NRL debut: 2005, age 18, vs Parramatta

NRL games: 117 (all with Melbourne Storm)

NRL points: 333 (78 tries, 9 goals, 3 field goals)

Junior Club: Bowraville Tigers

Disgraceful. Well, he did come out and say a few months ago he would never play for a Sydney team. Can't exactly trust his word.

Evenflow

Bench
As if he's going to AFL :lol:

It's clearly scaremongering on his behalf threatening to walk away because he's not getting his own way. This is all your doing Gregory, if on the remote chance you don't find yourself in the NRL next season you have nobody but yourself to blame so suck it up precious.

TheDalek079

Bench
re Souffs and Super League. From what I've heard about Souffs' dealing during the era, they've got some big skeletons in their closet, and have no right to pretend to be the poor, innocent club.

They owe their continued existence to the loyalty of Easts and Manly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts