What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lossy

Juniors
Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
They may got got stat decs. But did you consider they weren't happy with what those stats decs actually said and that's why they were rejected?
A statutory declaration is a written statement declared to be true in the presence of an authorised witness. A person wishing to use a statutory declaration in connection with a law of the Commonwealth, the Australian Capital Territory or certain other Territories must make the declaration in accordance with the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 (the Act) and the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993 (the Regulations).
Under the Act a person who wilfully makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence and may be fined or jailed, or both.
http://www.ag.gov.au/statdec

I find it impossible to believe that multiple businesses would take those risks just to get a player to Souths. If you're saying the NRL didn't believe the Stat decs, that's a very serious allegation by them.

That's why I think it should have been case closed after that.

boxhead

First Grade
Bunniesman, FFS get in your thick skull that the deal was blocked because they CAN'T FIT HIM UNDER THE CAP. You useless f**kwit.....

Eels Dude

Coach
http://www.ag.gov.au/statdec

I find it impossible to believe that multiple businesses would take those risks just to get a player to Souths. If you're saying the NRL didn't believe the Stat decs, that's a very serious allegation by them.

That's why I think it should have been case closed after that.

I'm not saying they didn't believe them. I'm saying what was declared in those stat decs was the reason why the NRL rejected the deals.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunniesman, FFS get in your thick skull that the deal was blocked because they CAN'T FIT HIM UNDER THE CAP. You useless f**kwit.....
...because they're not accepting the 3rd party deals as 3rd party deals. That's what we're talking about.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm not saying they didn't believe them. I'm saying what was declared in those stat decs was the reason why the NRL rejected the deals.
Oh. But Souths wouldn't have bothered submitting stat decs if they thought it would ruin the deal. In the article about the stat decs Richo said they were now very confident of it all going ahead. That tells me it should have all been ok after that.

Lossy

Juniors
Premiership Gnomes business plan.

Step 1: Say you've signed Greg Inglis on Jay Leno.
Step 2: ... erm...
Step 3: Premiership!

cleary89

Coach
Bunnies man logic

1. Troll forums
2. Refer to yourself in third person
3. Talk about girlfriend and not know what stat decs are
4. ????????????????
5. PROFIT!!!!!

Gaba

First Grade
souths would be stupid to get inglis now, they were struggling to have enough quality to be a chance of the finals, if they are going to shed players, they will be paying for a player $400,000 to be coming 10-16th for 3 years

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunnies man logic

1. Troll forums
I don't troll.
2. Refer to yourself in third person
BunniesMan only does that sometimes.
3. Talk about girlfriend
I hardly ever do that but she's really hot and I'm not gay.
and not know what stat decs are
I know what stat decs are
4. ????????????????
Did you run out of puff and started drooling on yourself?
5. PROFIT!!!!!
I like money.

BunniesMan

Immortal
souths would be stupid to get inglis now, they were struggling to have enough quality to be a chance of the finals, if they are going to shed players, they will be paying for a player $400,000 to be coming 10-16th for 3 years
If we shed the right players it isn't a problem. We also have young players coming through from toyota cup. And George Burgess from england will be a superstar.

Gaba

First Grade
If we shed the right players it isn't a problem. We also have young players coming through from toyota cup. And George Burgess from england will be a superstar.
problem for souths is that forwards wont get them into the finals

Cletus

First Grade
As funny as this is I don't see why the sponsorships have to be at arms length from the club. Most sponsors will have something to do with the club and the whole idea of the cap is so that clubs don't send themselves broke. If a sponsor is willing to pay more money to a player I don't see what the problem is. The Thouroughbreds sponsor players, are they supposed to be independant and have nothing to do with the Broncos? Oh and LOL@Souffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts