What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
As a Broncos fan I'm entitled to feel bitter about this entire situation - at the end of the day, I feel we've lost an awesome talent and it exposes another flaw in the salary cap that desperately needs to be reviewed.

Another casualty of the whole Storm salary cap. scandal.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Inglis is upset this is taking so long? Parra could start paying him in less then a month.

BM, this is what is called karma, your arrogance has set you up for this failure, whether it being the deal being rejected or Souths failing to make the finals or what ever, you set yourself up for this.

Very successful trolling, the LU admins would be happy with your efforts.

Evenflow

Bench
Massive lol at Souths and BM in particular.

Spare a thought for how poor old Rusty is feeling atm as well :lol:

We can only hope there's no phones in his vicinity. I pity the poor bastards around him if there is.....

2hzls76.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
Inglis is upset this is taking so long? Parra could start paying him in less then a month.

BM, this is what is called karma, your arrogance has set you up for this failure, whether it being the deal being rejected or Souths failing to make the finals or what ever, you set yourself up for this.

Very successful trolling, the LU admins would be happy with your efforts.
1. I don't troll.
2. Karma, just like luck, doesn't exist.
3. This deal may have been rejected but I'm still confident Inglis will be a Rabbitoh in 2011.
4. We won't fail to make the finals.
5. I certainly didn't set myself up for anything. That's ridiculous and illogical. I might be awesome but I don't control stupid decisions the NRL makes.

kbw

Bench
As a Broncos fan I'm entitled to feel bitter about this entire situation - at the end of the day, I feel we've lost an awesome talent and it exposes another flaw in the salary cap that desperately needs to be reviewed.

Another casualty of the whole Storm salary cap. scandal.

I can understand why you would be unhappy, but take this slant on it all.
At least GI has been further exposed as a man of little integrity and you should be happy he isn't coming to you team.

As far as exposing a flaw in the salary cap, I think the opposite, I think its put a halt to an individual (and friends) that want to do what ever they want and has shown the game is in control

BunniesMan

Immortal
I agree. I don't think Greg Inglis could even spell salary cap, let alone understand what it means.
That's along the lines of what I mean. These people aren't lawyers, they're not uni graduates. They're football players. Do people really think they read every word of the things they sign? That's why they pay agents.
Yeah because I'm sure he went around asking other players what they were earning.
If you listened to some people you'd think Inglis was the mastermind of the Storm cap scandal.

Big Pete

Referee
I can understand why you would be unhappy, but take this slant on it all.
At least GI has been further exposed as a man of little integrity and you should be happy he isn't coming to you team.
I'm not really that upset with Souths - every club have cut similar deals, even the Broncos so I don't have any beef with them.

More with Inglis playing my club like a fiddle, that s**t doesn't slide well as a fan.

kbw

Bench
That's along the lines of what I mean. These people aren't lawyers, they're not uni graduates. They're football players. Do people really think they read every word of the things they sign? That's why they pay agents.

If you listened to some people you'd think Inglis was the mastermind of the Storm cap scandal.

No but GI knows what charity work is and that he didn't do it yet took the money and I think not even GI is stupid enough to think planes don't fly when it rains. Not to mention he NOT A QLDER.

A man of no integrity, be he stupid or smart

And Pete, thats the way I read it, not that you were angry with Souths, It wasn't them necessarily it was GI and Mundine and maybe the phonechucker

BunniesMan

Immortal
Great article in the australian:
SOUTH Sydney says it will do everything it can to keep Greg Inglis in rugby league. It proves it by scouring the country for sponsors and bending over backwards to make him an offer somewhere close to what he is worth. Inglis is embraced by the club even though he is yet to be given a release by his former club Melbourne.
The NRL says it wants to keep Inglis in the game as well. It proves it by rejecting the Souths deal and pushing Inglis towards the AFL and rugby union. Chief executive David Gallop embraces Inglis one day, the code alienates him the next.
Salary cap auditor Ian Schubert is already a maligned figure in clubland. Schubert refuses to talk to the media. He doesn’t explain his decisions to the public. It was left to the NRL to deliver a missive on his behalf today. If Inglis goes, he should as well.
The spat between Souths and the NRL comes less than two weeks after the country’s leading player unions highlighted the disparity in pay between elite athletes in this country and overseas. Inglis is one of the game’s best players. On his day, he’s arguably its best player. He should be earning $1 million a season. Yet the NRL is making it difficult for him to earn half that amount.
Inglis wants to play rugby league. He has no desire to follow Folau or Hunt, or even Sonny Bill Williams, who left the code for rugby union. If he did, he would already be gone. Given events of today, it may only be a matter of time.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...g-inglis-impasse/story-e6frg7t6-1225973239082
Our star players are underpaid compared to other codes. We finally have a star who chose not to take the bigger money in Union, AFL or SL to stick with us and look how the NRL repays him. NRL management is a national joke.

Big Pete

Referee
I honestly don't know how this shows the game is in control.

Journalists point out, the likes of Tuqiri, Sailor and Rogers all came back - yeah when they were past their prime and we haven't exactly plugged the gap with Folau and Hunt also leaving.

The sooner we review the cap. the better.

kbw

Bench
Pete do you think that its better to pander to these players that chase the money ?
I don't, I really think that the game is better off when it rises above these people and lets them go. Maybe don't let them back ?, I am not against the players earning what they can.
But without start a whole new thread, I think its very important that the level of the cap is constrained by the market. I think alot of people ignore that and personally I think its beyond it as it stands now. This is evident with the funding cuts across the board to country RL and junior RL. (as well as the increase in costs to Foxtel and other RL fan expenses.)

Evenflow

Bench
Great article in the australian:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...g-inglis-impasse/story-e6frg7t6-1225973239082
Our star players are underpaid compared to other codes. We finally have a star who chose not to take the bigger money in Union, AFL or SL to stick with us and look how the NRL repays him. NRL management is a national joke.

f**k me are you really that stupid? That was obviously a rhetorical question because everyone here knows the answer. It's all relative, it's not as simple as comparing one code to the other because they're all far from the same. From the reports i've been reading for example, the majority of AFL clubs have made a decent (sometimes ridiculously high in the millions) profit this year while most of our clubs have run at a loss or at least near loss.

Now how the f**k can you make comparisons on cap parity when their clubs are making money and ours aren't? Where the hell do you expect this extra money to come from? Maybe when we get the tv rights we deserve there'll be the money there to lift the cap but until then it is what it is and clubs can't pull the extra money out of their arse especially when they're struggling to make a profit. Remember it wasn't so long ago that your club was financially dead in the water halfwit .

Big Pete

Referee
Pete do you think that its better to pander to these players that chase the money ?
I don't, I really think that the game is better off when it rises above these people and lets them go. Maybe don't let them back ?, I am not against the players earning what they can.
But without start a whole new thread, I think its very important that the level of the cap is constrained by the market. I think alot of people ignore that and personally I think its beyond it as it stands now. This is evident with the funding cuts across the board to country RL and junior RL. (as well as the increase in costs to Foxtel and other RL fan expenses.)

I think our players should get what they're worth and we shouldn't be limiting their earnings because we want clubs like Cronulla to stay competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.