What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
i disagree with that... the rules for third part agreements are very simple, its just that certain clubs don't want to follow the rules and some player managers are just plain lazy.
I'd love to see how the NRL could prove that both the Souths and Broncos 3rd party deals were illegitimate. That's why it's crap.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The problem with the rules re 3rd party is that they do not reflect or react to reality. i would suggest that there are very very few companies that would pay a lot of $'s for a RL player to promote their product who DO NOT already have a prior link to a club. By the nature of a company being interested in a RL player they will be interested in RL and already linked in some way, probably with a club or business contact at a club.

The rules need to be looked at and chaned to reflet the reality of whats happening out there. If the Brisbane 3rd party deals had nothing to do with the Broncos why are they not still on the table?

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd love to see how the NRL could prove that both the Souths and Broncos 3rd party deals were illegitimate. That's why it's crap.

It's not up to the NRL to prove they're illegitimate. It's up to the club to prove they ARE legitimate in order for the NRL to register the contract. Pretty simple even for you BunniesMan.

Eels Dude

Coach
The rules need to be looked at and chaned to reflet the reality of whats happening out there. If the Brisbane 3rd party deals had nothing to do with the Broncos why are they not still on the table?

The higher 3rd party deals require promotional work performed by the player on a weekly basis, something impossible if that player lives in a different city to where the deal is being offered.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The higher 3rd party deals require promotional work performed by the player on a weekly basis, something impossible if that player lives in a different city to where the deal is being offered.

really? Can you name me any sponsorship at the moment that requires a player to front up somewhere every week?

R2Coupe

Juniors
The Broncos contract was not "perfectly good". The NRL has since said it had the exact same issues ours now has.

You've made a determination of the Bronco's deal above based on the NRL determination. Further, you stated Souths' deal also has the "exact same issues"

You then contradict this by advising the NRL is wrong on both counts.

Eels Dude

Coach
really? Can you name me any sponsorship at the moment that requires a player to front up somewhere every week?

Obviously not, because I don't have the ins and outs of players contracts and neither do you. But as an example, the reason why Craig Wing's third party deal fell through and he left the NRL was because he failed to turn up for promotional duties with the real estate company that was sponsoring him. Companies don't just throw tens of thousands of dollars at players for nothing, they want a return for their services, and that includes regular in-store appearances etc.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You've made a determination of the Bronco's deal above based on the NRL determination. Further, you stated Souths' deal also has the "exact same issues"

You then contradict this by advising the NRL is wrong on both counts.
I meant "not perfectly good" in the eyes of the NRL. I didn't mean I was saying the deal wasn't legit. The NRL says both weren't ok and I think the NRL is wrong, about both Brisbane's and ours.

Eels Dude

Coach
I meant "not perfectly good" in the eyes of the NRL. I didn't mean I was saying the deal wasn't legit. The NRL says both weren't ok and I think the NRL is wrong, about both Brisbane's and ours.

How can you say that if you don't even know details about either deal?

Ulysseus

Bench
f**k him, he is a self centered merkinox with aspirations to contiually gouge as much as he IS NOT worth out of the game.
Doesn't know planes can fly in the rain AND doesn't know that signing duplicate contracts with different values present on both is f**king wrong.
He is a moron and a sh*t human.
Don't let the door hit you on the arse as you walk out the door Greg.

Canard

Immortal
Why aren't Souths providing all the third party information to the NRL??

Seems to me that some of the criticism should be levelled at the clubs admin and not just the lazy cry of "the NRL is against us"

BunniesMan

Immortal
How can you say that if you don't even know details about either deal?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...n-on-greg-inglis/story-e6frfgbo-1225965990912

SOUTH Sydney will lodge four statutory declarations from third-party sponsors with the NRL this week as the club moves closer to securing Greg Inglis.
The sponsors maintain in their statutory declarations that their third-party deals are bona fide arrangements.
"I'm confident we'll work through this and that Greg will be with us next year," Richardson said yesterday. "The NRL asked us for some statutory declarations in relation to third parties, we've done that and we'll deliver that to them this week."
NRL asked for stat decs. NRL got the stat decs. It should have been end of story right there.

And with the Broncos deal, if i remember correctly one of the deals the NRL now says they wouldn't have accepted was with FOGS. wtf? Do they expect region specific businesses to still pay a player who doesn't even play in their region. Why should fogs have to commit to him (or anyone else) who doesn't play in the region that has to do with them.

You're basically blocking most small businesses, and really anyone that isn't national, from putting money into the game via this route. That is dumb.

So for the above reasons the NRL is wrong to block either IMO.

BunniesMan

Immortal
f**k him, he is a self centered merkinox with aspirations to contiually gouge as much as he IS NOT worth out of the game.
Doesn't know planes can fly in the rain AND doesn't know that signing duplicate contracts with different values present on both is f**king wrong.
He is a moron and a sh*t human.
Don't let the door hit you on the arse as you walk out the door Greg.
Basically every word of this post is either troll or mind numbingly ignorant or both.

Lossy

Juniors
Can someone explain how the Dragons got Gasnier in so cheap yet the NRL is so insistent on pushing out Inglis?

Gasnier:

Considered overrated by many.
Was not contracted.
Was playing a different code.
Signed half way through the year so only played a dozen games.
Didn't have any 3PA issues.

Inglis:

Considered a 'once in a generation' player.
Is still on contract to another club.
Is tainted by the Storm rort, as is his manager.
His contracted club agreed to released him on compassionate grounds to a QLD club, which he suddenly reneged on.
His contacted club is owed a stonking great legal bill.
He and Souths have been stuck in a mire of muddy 3PA agreements.

So, no... not much difference there.

bfoord

Juniors
Can someone explain how the Dragons got Gasnier in so cheap yet the NRL is so insistent on pushing out Inglis?

Because Gasnier had signed for the Dragons for less than half the 2010 season... his deal for 2011 and beyond is over 400k a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts