What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
As funny as this is I don't see why the sponsorships have to be at arms length from the club. Most sponsors will have something to do with the club and the whole idea of the cap is so that clubs don't send themselves broke. If a sponsor is willing to pay more money to a player I don't see what the problem is. The Thouroughbreds sponsor players, are they supposed to be independant and have nothing to do with the Broncos? Oh and LOL@Souffs.
And FOGS is supposed to be independent of qld clubs. The whole logic behind the 3rd party rules are stupid and hurt the game.

Lossy

Juniors
Mostly right. But you forgot to add an "s" onto the end of "Premiership".

No, I forgot a space... Premier Ship. The name of GI's boat. Sadly, the title has been declared null and void.

But you'll admit that Step 2 is proving a little tricky, BM.

Cletus

First Grade
And FOGS is supposed to be independent of qld clubs. The whole logic behind the 3rd party rules are stupid and hurt the game.

Yeah it's stupid. I'd hate to lose Inglis to the game at his age because of this. He'd be hopeless at AFL but I'm sure they'd pay him a fortune to cross over.

Flapper

First Grade
I'm certainly not cheering this as much as other people are. "Woohoo our star player's not going to play our sport anymore, yippee!"

Some of you people need to get a grip.

PS before anyone has a go, that star player thing is obviously opinion, it isnt even mine, but it is the opinion of a lot of people.

Ulysseus

Bench
Basically every word of this post is either troll or mind numbingly ignorant or both.

Or maybe the truth just hurts.
If I wanted to see mind numbingly ignorant I'd look through the "Merged Premiership Tallies" thread.
BunniesMan, I had you pegged as a man who loves his team and somewhat reasonable, am I incorrect in that assumption?

I am not saying they wont eventually get the deal through, I am just saying the game should not bend and bow to someone with a moral set that could be described on the 'dis' side of honest.

Ulysseus

Bench
I'm certainly not cheering this as much as other people are. "Woohoo our star player's not going to play our sport anymore, yippee!"

Some of you people need to get a grip.

PS before anyone has a go, that star player thing is obviously opinion, it isnt even mine, but it is the opinion of a lot of people.

Good riddance, he has been lazy for the want of better wording for quiet a while now.
Sometimes the reputation of a sport lies just as much in how the people who play it conduct themselves away from it, if recent events are anything to go by, Inglis is willing to do more harm than good for a few dollars more.
I'll say it again, adiós Greg, I'll even shout you a moving van and pay for the boat the be put into a mooring, actually no, with all those ill gotten gains you can pay for your own f**king boat storage.

RockWheel

Bench
Or maybe the truth just hurts.
If I wanted to see mind numbingly ignorant I'd look through the "Merged Premiership Tallies" thread.
BunniesMan, I had you pegged as a man who loves his team and somewhat reasonable, am I incorrect in that assumption?

Yes.

Kiki

First Grade
oh lordy, what a mess.

i'm not a huge fan of Inglis but to lose him to another code is terrible. i think the salary cap is basically fair but they should loosen up the 3rd party agreements. if a certain player is more marketable than others, he shouldn't be punished for it.

_Johnsy

Referee
Typical 50uffs. No substance at all. More concerned about tv personalities & music movie stars & convicted murderers wearing souths gear than actually getting their shyte together & trying not to go off 1/2 cocked.

Oh how very 50uffs indeed.

jk13

First Grade
he'll probably sit out the year but make a surprise appearance as little john in robin hood 2 in 2011

Evenflow

Bench
I meant "not perfectly good" in the eyes of the NRL. I didn't mean I was saying the deal wasn't legit. The NRL says both weren't ok and I think the NRL is wrong, about both Brisbane's and ours.

It's a completely different scenario because the NRL didn't scrutinize Brisbane's 3rd part offers as they didn't get the chance because he didn't sign with them. Of course they would've went into them further had he honored his word to them so the fact is that nobody knows if the deals were legit (except maybe the Bronco's) and you're simply speculating.

That said i might have missed where the NRL directly quoted that the Bronco's deal wasn't all legitimate. As far i know the NRL would still have had to study his Bronc's contract to see if everything was above board but i haven't seen where they've said it was didgy like the Rabbits. If you give me those quotes to say they did say that then i'm happy to admit i'm wrong. Well not wrong, i just haven't seen the quotes from Gallop.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's a completely different scenario because the NRL didn't scrutinize Brisbane's 3rd part offers as they didn't get the chance because he didn't sign with them. Of course they would've went into them further had he honored his word to them so the fact is that nobody knows if the deals were legit (except maybe the Bronco's) and you're simply speculating.

That said i might have missed where the NRL directly quoted that the Bronco's deal wasn't all legitimate. As far i know the NRL would still have had to study his Bronc's contract to see if everything was above board but i haven't seen where they've said it was didgy like the Rabbits. If you give me those quotes to say they did say that then i'm happy to admit i'm wrong. Well not wrong, i just haven't seen the quotes from Gallop.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-in-league-limbo/story-fn2mcuj6-1225973134895

Inglis, who reneged on a deal to sign with the Brisbane Broncos when third party deals failed to materialise, will now continue to remain in rugby league limbo as he is without a club for 2011.

"Given the circumstances under which Greg Inglis became available to South Sydney, nobody can have been under any doubt about the importance of ensuring his contract complied with the cap," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.
"The NRL had already required the Broncos to include third-party agreements within their calculation of the contract value and was insisting legal fees also be included when those negotiations ceased.

kbw

Bench
I hope Inglis goes and we never hear from him again.
I have seen him play great football, but he is no where near the best I have seen.

A person that gets paid for charity work and doesn't do the work, a person that lies and can't be honest about no honouring a deal and the list goes on.

Inglis is an idiot and a man without integrity, is he alone in RL, most definitely not, but is it in the games best interests to pander to this overweight over hyper goose. Its certainly is not

remember this No player is bigger than the game

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yeah thanks for those but do any quotes from the NRL directly say that his deal with the Bronco's was blocked where he wouldn't be allowed to play for them as they have today in regards to Souffs? I never said there wasn't questions being asked as there are many contracts but did they ever officially nullify the deal?
Well it says the deals failed to materialise which means either the 3rd parties pulled out or the NRL told the Broncos they wouldn't allow it. And the former is very very unlikely.

Evenflow

Bench
Well it says the deals failed to materialise which means either the 3rd parties pulled out or the NRL told the Broncos they wouldn't allow it. And the former is very very unlikely.

Of course the deals never failed to materialize because he didn't f**king sign the contract that was waiting for him :lol:

But thank you, it took us a while to get there but the answer is a no. The NRL never once directly quoted that his deal with the Bronc's wasn't legitimate and he wouldn't be allowed to join them as they directly quoted today in regards to the Rabbits. You can speculate/guess/fantasize/make up anything you like but the fact is that the NRL never ever blocked his Bronco's deal as they did with your mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.